iPhone Cover Orange (by FDG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    the helmet once used seemed to be gone forever...

2. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    ctay,

Looks like you have enough point were I might not be able to catch you on the iphone 4 - came close though! I'm 26 points behind so I closed the gap some (I was 48 pts behind not counting the new levels), but all that means is that you have more potential to add points in the new level than I do.

But I'll try a little longer. There is a tiny mathematical chance still.

3. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Hey gang,
    yep helmets are lost forever when used. 3 helmets are free, further helmets can be purchased in 5 or 15 packs. This feature is for new players or people who get stuck in a particular level. There's a penalty when using them. Score goes down to 500 instantly. You can replay the level and target a real score anytime.

4. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1244 dabigkahuna, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
    Hey Future777. I was wondering if there was any way to deal with hackers.

I don't know how hackers do their work, but if it is by editing one particular spot in the game, I was thinking that a system that checked to see if that total matched the individual scores added up might at least make it harder.

Probably more complicated to control hackers than I can imagine, but they sure screw up the fun of a leaderboard.

5. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Well ctay, you're safely in first place. CONGRATS! I'm 38 points behind, but since the iphone 4 can't get higher that 991 on any level, the most I could pick up is 27. But I have at least, for now, reduced the 48 point lead you had before the update.

Now, 3G phone is another story - 992 on all but 4 of the last levels!

And I see a number of the other top scorers moving up.

I may eventually go back to the old levels and see if the update affected them. As I told you, I raised my level 120 score by 2 points after the update which really surprised me, but I was even more surprised when I realized the old score was a record! So others may want to try at least the levels they were particularly low on.

6. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Thanks Big K,
    If it is any consolation you have a few more points than I do on these last new levels.:) ... What do you think has changed since the update that allowed you to get the 2 points on level 120? Is the clock stopping sooner or ???

7. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I don't know what changed. I simply dropped the box, I think, over the orange and bomb - don't recall exactly how I positioned it - and then knocked the high orange to the left. The box and oranges managed to work out so they had a slight momentum towards the left which was apparently enough to "stop" the wagon for a moment.

I do recall I got it to stop the timer at 984 twice - though I only won once. And just now I messed with it a little and got the timer to stop once at 983 - still a point better than the old record.

Got the 3G to get 992 on another of the new levels - just three less than that. But I goofed and exited the app so my slo-mo is gone.

Have you looked at the score listing to see if you have higher scores on anything than I've listed? I may not be able to beat them on my ip4, but it still gives me a better idea of which levels to focus on.

8. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    #1248 ctay, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
    thanks big K for the suggestion, I went back a few sets to level 69 and picked up 7 points... not a new high though, just got x86 ... not sure I noticed anything different, think it was mostly luck
    :)

9. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010

10. SSBenj

SSBenj Active Member

Jul 17, 2011
    I might get an ipod touch...

...solely for some 992 action. Is that bad? I'm coming for you Big K, don't leave any window of opportunity open. Damn i'm so addicted to this game! :p:eek:;)

11. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Wow! Seven points. I remember that level - can't recall exactly what I did to get my score of 988 (my 3G only gets 982). Love to raise that one up on the 3G since I think it is the lowest one I have compared to the record. What was your basic approach? Considering how the level is set up, I'm sure luck is a bigger factor.

Oh, wait, I just tried it a bunch of times on my ip4. I dropped the barrel next to the orange and the wheel on top of that. Need plenty of slo-mo and that new trick I told you about is necessary unless you can get a really big gap like my 3G can get. Twice I've stopped the clock at 988 and once at 985.

12. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I surprised myself by adding about a dozen points last night on the new levels on my ip4. I have four 991 scores and one 989. The rest are all 990. I'm surprised you don't have at least some more 991 scores even if you haven't gotten 992's this time.

13. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I'd save my money.

For one thing, I think ctay got the 992's on the previous version of the iTouch so the latest may have the same limitations as my ip4.

All the different hardware has advantages and disadvantages. Even my 3G phone, which gets the highest score but can't do the leaderboard, has levels below what I can get on the ip4.

But what you could do, as all the other top scorers have done, is check your scores against the list of all known high scores and let us know if you beat any - not likely to find many (at least on the first 200), but even one new high score would be welcome news. And then pass on any strategy you had for it.

All of us have benefited from the help others have given. Pantsjo in particular has helped me. ctay too.

14. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1254 dabigkahuna, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
    ctay, I went back on my 3G to level 69 and raised it 3 points to 985

Eventually I intend to go back to any level I don't have a high score for as well as any level where the high score isn't as good as most to see if I can get any more to change. Let me know if you find any more.

15. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    ctay - need an update!

Before adding in the new levels (and factoring in the 7 pt gain you said you made on one old level), you led me by 55 points. You now lead me by more than that! So either you have some scores on the new levels that beat mine or you raised some old level scores. Fill us in!

16. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    #1256 ctay, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
    just catching up on a few old levels, no new high scores and catching up with you on the new ones... new levels only out a few days; update when I think I am maxed out ;)
    ipancho, you lurking?

update: 992 on level 202
    my score is now a palindrome :) :cool: enough
    so back to playing words with friends.

17. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Lets us know what old levels you improved on - they might be ones that changed somehow. I'm slowly working through them - up to 50 now but no improvements yet.

18. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    ctay, I added your score for level 202 to the list. Meanwhile, I raised my score on level 55 up 1 to 991. Won't do you any good unless you can get to 992 since you already hold the 991 record. But it is another sign that things may have changed. Really looking forward to hearing what levels you've improve on!

19. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    #1259 ctay, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
    [
    I have stopped playing now until newer levels become available, so good luck to you in finding new points on the older levels.:)

20. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Okay, so we know the other 11 points all must be from older levels. Would be nice to know where, but I'll manage to survive somehow!!!

Even if they aren't records, they could reflect a change in he game play worthy of others checking. In my case, I've played ever level so many times - and repeated the process every time I learned a new tactic - I figure suddenly getting more points may reflect something more than just a change of luck. But just changing two of them isn't enough to feel confident about that. Besides, as I reported long ago, I have played levels one day and not get a change even with lots of tries. And then the next day, with no changes, suddenly improve the very same levels easily.

Definitely something odd about this game!

I see B Smith is almost caught up to my ip4 score. Just 40 behind. Wish he would report in on some scores. With that many, there is a fair chance he could have some records or discovered a new trick. Pansjo moved up a lot of points too.