iPhone Cover Orange (by FDG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I'll look into the gamecenter hack for the 3G, but I tend to NOT like to do anything that affects normal stuff (for example, I wouldn't jailbreak my phone - at least not yet. It is my back-up phone in case my ip4 gets lost or something. When I get my next phone (probably iphone 6), then it would be something I would experiment with on the 3G.

Anyway, if it isn't messing with basic phone stuff, I may do it. If it is like jailbreaking, probably not. Just got home and haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

I did get two more points on level 111 to equal the high, but I no longer have slo-mo - thus I guess all three (or more) of us top scores are going to be taking a break from the game (I'll be working on the 3G though). Meanwhile, I see the new guy (Chaz.... - something like that) is rapidly moving up - 18th place last I looked. Guess he found slo-mo!

2. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I'm not putting this on the high score list for now, but I just got 992 on level 78, which would be a record. This is on my 3G so ctay, when she gets back to this game, might want to try for it.

3. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Hmmmm, this might be a coincidence, but since I no longer had slo-mo, I went ahead and upgraded my iOS to the latest version that came out a week or so ago. Then last night I got two more points on level 7. I've played it many times before without progress. I did get a final position that was different than before (somehow got the wheel and orange stacked up in the protected area) so I'd say that was probably the reason and it is just hard to do. But it it would be interesting if this turned out to be because of the OS having an effect, just as we know hardware matters.

4. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I updated the list and handled my new score on 78 by labeling it as being from "BigK 3" instead of "Big K". Also added that name variation to the list of users and their hardware so people could see which I was using for a given score.

5. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Yes I will give it a go when new levels come out and I am back in slo mo again. Thanks big K for the heads up. :)

6. bluecomb84

bluecomb84 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Debt Collector
    Long Island, NY
    I remember getting this game when it first came out and I got so hooked on it that I played it and beat all the levels. I also remember feeling so accomplished and then the developers added a ton of new levels and now I am stuck. Dangit!

7. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    You can always ask for help on levels.

8. bluecomb84

bluecomb84 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Debt Collector
    Long Island, NY
    I know I can but then I feel like I didn't earn my victory/bragging rights. It's a pride thing that keeps me stuck on a few games that I'll eventually figure out, but thanks for the suggestion.

9. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    New record on level 91: 985 pts. This was with the 3G phone.

10. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1130 dabigkahuna, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
    Level 60: 981 pts (on 3G phone)

11. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Ctay, check this out: Level 5: 992 pts (on 3G)!

And just got the same score on level 6.

12. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Level 8 (991 pts) on 3G

13. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Level 11 (992) on 3G

Seems the 3G may have some serious advantages even over ctays itouch. I haven't done a lot and already have gotten a number of new high scores. Looking at some of my low scoring ones, the 3G may not be better, but I need a little more time to tell. I haven't even reach level 100 yet.

Wouldn't it be something if I ever got a score of 993!!!

14. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Geez, level 12 (992) on 3G.

If I was getting these scores on my iphone 4, I'd have raised my total by 39 pts already - seriously a threat to pantsjo!

Well, I'm going to call it a night but will definitely be at this again Sunday.

15. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Oh-boy, this is just amazing how different the 3G is. First, some new high scores:

2: 992
    3: 992
    10: 992
    13: 992
    14: 992
    18: 992

Seems to be a trend! And I've only worked this morning on the first 20 levels where I didn't have 992. Other scores were also raised, usually to equal high scores, including those already at 992.

Besides the ability to get the clock stopped sooner on many levels, it seems to me that the ability to get gaps is a lot more predictable. So far I have scored 62 more points on the 24 levels I've raised compared to my iphone 4!

16. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    More 3G scores that are records:

24: 992
    25: 992
    26: 992
    27: 992
    28: 985
    30: 992
    32: 991
    36: 991
    37: 992
    38: 991
    40: 992

Total of 85 new points from MY old scores which is just enough to have passed pantsjo IF this was on my iphone 4. I think there are some I may not be able to get as many points so I won't know until I work my way through the whole 180 levels to see if I can truly beat anyone ahead of me. I definitely have the advantage on getting scores of 992, but that may not make up for some other levels.

I just lost my slo-mo. Once again, I pressed the wrong button! Just too used to the iphone 4.

17. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Not much slo-mo yet, but did get some new high scores:

102: 992
    112: 987
    145: 991
    146: 992

Also just finished 154 - the one where Pantsjo can't stop the orange from moving around like I could on my iphone 4. I had a similar problem, but maybe worse. It was like the rotating baskets had much more power behind them so that instead of stopping the baskets from turning, they just keep pushing them until they finally get through. So the 3G seems to be quite different on this level. I'll try it again when I get more slo-mo.

18. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Big K
    You are doing some fine research on how our idevices react/respond differently to this game. I wish you would get 993 on some level. That would be a total mind blower. I think what you have discovered is worthy of memos to both Apple and FDG. I really wish you would get your 3G unlocked and get the points you deserve. I am sure you could still use your phone as a back up. At least talk to some one at a local "fix it" store to get the info you need to make the decision. Btw, It can always be restored to it's original settings.
    C

19. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1139 dabigkahuna, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
    As much as I don't want to jailbreak my iphone 3G, if I get enough points to get first place, I may just have to make an exception to my normal policy!

20. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    BTW, using my ip 4, I did pick up two more points on level 103. Still nothing great (978 pts), but better than nothing.