iPhone Cover Orange (by FDG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    By any chance are you at some sort of EXTREME slo-mo that I've never reached? I've gotten up to 41 - maybe a few more - seconds for a complete cycle on level 7.

I'm just thinking that maybe if it goes REAL slow, that the orange falls further while the baskets are upside down and that gives more momentum to keep going. Just can't think of anything else.

Like to see pictures of what happens for you.

2. Pantsjo

Pantsjo Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    I'll post a pic of the orange rolling out of a slanted basket tonight. And you can be sure i tried this a bunch of times with and without slomo

3. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Did you sign up again on this forum with your leaderboard name instead of "iPancho"?

I'm heading for bed so I guess I'll see your pic in the morning.

Had a pretty good evening (finally some decent slo-mo, but hope to get better by tomorrow).

Remember my high score on #21 (990) unless it's been beaten.

I keep track of several things on a spreadsheet:

1. Total points based on record scores (from your list).

2. My total points.

3. How far behind I'm behind the record scores (655).

4. How far behind the person ahead of me on the leaderboard (442 :mad: ).

5. Then I also keep track of my record scores (6), tied for the record (47), 1 behind record (45), 2 behind (20). That's 118 that are, at least, pretty close.

6. How many are behind by 10 or more points (25 of those!!!! Bugs the heck out of me!).

4. Pantsjo

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    #944 Pantsjo, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
    Level 154

I've put up 4 pictures from level 154. You can see there's a big difference in the position of the orange.

The position on the HD-version looks a lot like yours on the iPhone 4.
    Maybe FDG has adapted the game for the retina-display on iphone 4 the same way they adapted for the ipad. But this change also affects the physics of the game. That's a shame.

Maybe you can check another difference I noticed between LD an HD:
    level 178: in HD the left triangle will pass thru the opening to the right, in LD it won't, at least not on my 3GS, but maybe it does on your 4?

5. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Those pictures are, well, weird! I assume you actually had to take some from different attempts since the phone won't do consecutive pictures during the game unless you pause or something in between. Because of that, I had to run the level more than once to create my pictures.

Anyway, in my picture, you saw the orange SLIGHTLY moved to the left when the baskets actually make contact with the barrels. But then it just rolls back, without losing any points normally.

In your first picture (point of contact, I assume), the orange is still at the bottom which I would have thought would be a plus. But then the next picture shows in rolling towards the opening - uphill!

Only thing I can think of would be that, because the orange is at the bottom on contact, the jolt of that propels the orange outward. Does that seem to match what you see happening?

Are you using the iphone 4 or something else?

6. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Just saw you post and see you use the 3GS. I checked level 178 - the left triangle will go through on my iphone 4.

7. Pantsjo

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    Well, then. All this time we've been discussing this game. And now we find out we weren't really playing the same game...:(

8. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Well, I guess it is mostly the same but these differences can be annoying. Makes me wonder if some of those timer problems I have are unique to the ip4.

Btw, I just got level 93 up to 987! Slo-mo required since the orange wont be sheltered!

9. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    #949 ctay, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
    Level 93? up to 987. How did you do that? send me a private message

10. bobsang

bobsang New Member

Apr 16, 2011
    love it game..

11. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    List is not useless :) but not sure what you mean by not playing the same game:confused: what is going on?

12. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    It's magic! I could tell you the secret, but then I'd have to kill you! Or you can just check the private message I just sent you!

I love it when I get a big improvement over everybody like this - it helps make up for the many levels where I am WAY behind!

13. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I think he just means how the game can play differently on different hardware. Sometimes the differences don't matter, but in this case, it may well matter a lot (well, 3 pts worth).

BTW, have you gotten my points on level 154? Or do you have the same problem pantsjo describes? I was thinking that if he's using a 3GS phone, that is the same generation as your iTouch, I think, so maybe you'd both have the same issue.

14. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Uh-oh. I just got the timer to stop at 990 on level 93! Didn't get luck with the gap, but at least you know it is possible to beat me!

15. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Level 49: 990 pts!

16. Pantsjo

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    Kudos! 990 on a level with 4 items to drop! Kudos again!

17. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Also level 59: 990 pts!

18. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #958 dabigkahuna, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
    I see you have a new list up (apparently prior to my score on 59). Noticed you are now listing what hardware people are using. Nice touch!

And it means I'm either #1 or #2 on the iphone 4 depending on what the person right in front of me is using!

Also noticed the total points for records is 5 short of 178,000. When you add in my score for 59, it will just be 3 short. And I KNOW 3 more points is possible on level 93 because I've gotten the timer to stop there at 2 - maybe 3 - times at that point, but couldn't get a gap to hit the right spot.

19. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    I have gotten 986 on level 154. Figure that is close enough. I have tried your method for 93 and couldn't ever get the timer to stop. Guess I will try again! and again.

20. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Assuming this isn't a case of some hardware working differently, I have to do 93 many times to get the 987. Like I said, I've gotten the timer to stop at 990 two or three times, but nothing in between. It's a little frustrating, since I can't tell what is different to make it stop, but at least my score is high enough that any other efforts don't take long to see if they work or not. I hate those low scores where I have to wait for the timer to go down to the 970's in slo-mo before I know I can't beat an old score!