iPhone Cover Orange (by FDG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. iPancho

iPancho Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Gelderland
    The levels i'm furthest behind are
    103: 6 behind (I recently had the cloud start at 983, but needed too much luck with the rain)
    31: 5 behind (still haven't quite figured out how Shaun has done this)
    137 & 154: 3 behind

Level 154 is your only high score that I haven't matched. When I try your solution, the counter is already at 987 when the turning things hit the barrels. But because of the impact the orange and the ball keep moving a bit, which prevents the countdown to stop.

2. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #862 dabigkahuna, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
    I'm surprised by your 154 problem - I can match it almost every time. The do hit the barrels at exactly 987, but from what I can see, only the orange moves, just a little bit, and I'll get the points or miss my just 1.

Just messed with 31 again. I had noticed just a couple days ago that behind the flowers in the middle was a solid object you could bounce off of. That made it MUCH easier to finish, but 977 was my best score.

3. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Sorry BigK, I haven't been keeping up with the known highs board...
    I will try and get a bit more organized this week and let you know. I played today and worked on some levels that were my lowest, 99 for example. And on level 44, I was sure my score was x76 and I raised it to x86 but only had 5 points added to my total score... has this happened to anyone else?
    I am still behind you on that level of yours with the orange and a ball spinning around in baskets... seems a bit of random play there so you may have a high score no one will match :)

4. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Big K, I think you might enjoy Cat Physics. VERY worth .99! What do you think ipancho??
    c

5. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #865 dabigkahuna, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
    NEW HIGH SCORE on level 138 (990). iPancho can probably clear out all the color coded ones from before - it's been up for several days so anyone who wanted to update the list like I do has probably seen those. Just start over with any news ones since then.

I just can't see how you and iPancho don't match me on the "basket level". Odd that my phone does it consistently, once I figured it out and no one else has. Considering how many levels I can't quite match other people, I figured they had the "special" phones or ipods! I just wonder if my description wasn't clear enough.

The two levels you mentioned working on, I'm weak on myself so probably can't help. I was kind of hoping the ones you guy were weak on that I may have figured out and could pass on what I did.

Oh, I got Cat Physics. Haven't played it too much lately. One of the attractions of Cover Orange is that I actually saw myself getting up in the very top score category and that keeps me going since it's never happened to me before! I'm pretty good at doing well at games like this early on, but once the really serious players get involved, I soon fall far behind. Also the fact that as I go through the levels, I still pick up points here and there. I'm mostly trying to make it as hard as possible to knock me out of the top 10 for as long as possible. I think there could be a chance to move up one spot eventually, but that would probably be about it.

6. cocoBavan

cocoBavan Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Electrician
    I am new to this forum. Just wanted to share my perception on this game. This game is really cool. The second most addictive game for me. :)

7. iPancho

Aug 10, 2010
    Gelderland
    I must ask: what's your first most addictive game?

8. iPancho

Aug 10, 2010
    Gelderland
    #868 iPancho, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
    Congrats on the new high score. I'm on kind of a high score spree at the moment. I'll update the list in a while.

Edit: my spree just ended abruptly when CO crashed and I lost my slow motion. I'm sorry Big K, but Ctay already surpassed you in level 138. I updated the list just now.

9. cocoBavan

cocoBavan Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Electrician
    @ipuncho:

I am not an hard core gamer. I don't have time to sit in a place and play for 30 mins continuously. I got my Iphone last year November. On the day I got it, i sworn myself not to spend a single penny on app store. I was able to keep up to my rule until I downloaded Angry Birds Lite version. :D By the time I downloaded that I never had any idea AB. The icon looked cute, therefore I just downloaded it. First, I played the Lite with with few stars and I was playing it again and again. Eventually, I had to break my rule. To avoid buying it, I tried several strategies but it was getting worse. After buying it , though I dint complete the game , once in a while I play it. Now I have bought the RIO and keeping it untouched for a holiday.

After that I have spent about $150 in appstore for apps. The apps I felt happy with are AB, cut the rope, Cover the orange, Battle Heart (I am stuck at that Super power spider campaign), fragger, spirit, food process, fruit ninja, doodle army and scrabble. Anyway, I dint enjoy the famous Tiny wings. :D

10. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Yeah, I was amazed at all the new high scores. I keep track of which ones I have the high score on, match the high score, and which ones I'm off by 1 or 2. Yesterday I made some good progress on matching high scores only to lose most of those today!

I started over with the first level yesterday. Picked up some points in the first 20 levels. I'll probably kill slo-mo soon because it seems some levels can't be done well that way, then gradually get back into slo-mo again later.

I am frustrated by the levels where I am far behind (3 are over 20 pts behind and a bunch in the mid to upper teens!)

They just don't seem possible but there has to be a way.

11. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Well, I went back to regular speed. Frankly, I was just getting tired of the time it took to do a level is slo-mo! I've also lost some of my drive to build my scores since they were changing much more slowly.

I expect to gradually check out the levels where slo-mo - at least extreme slo-mo - doesn't work and then maybe go back to slo-mo, but probably not play a lot unless I can figure out the tricks to the levels I'm way behind on.

12. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Dam
    It why won't leader board update lol :p

13. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Leaderboard is down:confused:
    and Shaun is back playing :)

14. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Yeah need cat break dam I'm down in
    900 place what happened ?? :(

15. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I dropped from 8th to below 1600!

I thought maybe some hacking was going on, but then saw they released 20 new levels so that should explain it.

16. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    #876 ctay, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
    I think you will be okay once the leaderboard is sorted out... last I checked you were #7. There were two hackers at the one and two positions. Well, I think they are hackers, so if they are lurking, please come forward!
    Too much fur flying over on the CP forum the other day; it irritated my allergies :rolleyes:

17. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    That fur flying was funny as anything I ever read :)

18. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Let it be known that for awhile - about 5 whole minutes - I was NUMBER ONE IN THE WORLD!

Then the other top players started the new level!

BTW, I'm completely mystified by level 180 - so it is probably something real obvious.

19. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Congrats ctay. Just played through new Lvls. There where a couple hard ones. Liked it allot.

20. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Okay, I finally solved level 180 - but I had to get into slo-mo to do it. And get lucky. But even with the luck part, I have serious doubts I could have beaten it at normal speed. I spent a LOT of time trying.

Basically all I did was drop the barrels on the rotating arms at different times until the happened to be in a convenient position as the rain fell. Just hoping for luck as I couldn't figure out a good pattern. But at normal speed, I don't think that would have been sufficient.

I'm thinking there is probably a better strategy. Am I right?