iPhone Cover Orange (by FDG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Quick run through 17th on boards ;) vco :D

2. Houston Havoc

Houston Havoc Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Here are some Valentine HD scores. I don't have my iPad with me right now but I remember. 5 - 981. That's the only one where I see a better score. There might be another, I'll check later.

3. iPancho

iPancho Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Gelderland
    Valentine LD level 6 : 990 :)

4. Houston Havoc

Houston Havoc Member

Feb 24, 2011
    #764 Houston Havoc, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
    Wow. That is solid.

5. iPancho

Aug 10, 2010
    Gelderland
    Leaderboard blues

Finally took back no. 1 spot in Valentine (LD) late last night (sorry Shaun). Now I wake up to see I'm surpassed on all three other versions :):(:(:(

Well done, Houston, on the Valentine HD. You must have some new high scores for us ;)

6. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Do you play any orher games dude :eek:

I been
    Slacking Idevice games of late COD iS the way to go:D I'll be back
    Though soon :)

7. Houston Havoc

Houston Havoc Member

Feb 24, 2011
    I went to town guys. I freaking wrecked the game last night. Here are the new high scores. 2-989. 3 - 988 4- 988 7 - 987

8. iPancho

Aug 10, 2010
    Gelderland
    Just CO and Solitaire :D
    Waiting for a cool new physics game like Cat Physics, iBlast Moki or Ragdoll Blaster.
    Happy codding!

9. iPancho

Aug 10, 2010
    Gelderland
    Wow, you blew me away!

10. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Have you played cat physics great game! If you need help I'm quite high on leader board :)

11. iPancho

Aug 10, 2010
    Gelderland
    Yeah, cp is great. I played that a lot. At one time I was close to the top 10.
    Discovered Trainyard last night. Got me hooked instantly. I think i'm moving on.
    With the slomo (and I just found another way to increase it) "Cover Orange" is turning more into "Drop All as Fast as You Can". Taking a good deal of the fun out of it.

12. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    #772 Shaun glitch, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
    Yeah I know what you mean
    Might look train yard up what sort of game is it, and cp I'm still top 10 about 8 points off the leader it's tight at the top ;)

13. Houston Havoc

Houston Havoc Member

Feb 24, 2011
    I'm done man. I turned off my iPad and the CO no longer lags...

14. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

Mar 3, 2011
    So is there any way to clear 965 in Level 90, or is that achievement glitched? It's the only one I still need. And no matter how much I look at it I can only see one solution, but it takes too long to shake out (by quite a bit, regardless of input speed). Any help would be much appreciated.

15. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    I just got 970 by placing triangle to the lower right, wheel to the left side of the left orange, wheel to the left side of the right orange with no slo mo glitch. Takes a few tries and I think it is best if the triangle gets bumped off after the orange falls...
    good luck

16. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Okay, I've waded through a ton of posts only to find out that slo-mo is a key element to getting really top scores on Cover Orange Valentine - and it seems some can't get that to happen (I haven't seen it).

I saw a post you made where you said you found a new way to do it, but not how. Can you tell us?

Also saw this from someone:

> Also there is 1 point extra per level if your on iPod too <

Don't understand that, but an extra point would sure help me - that would be ten more on Valentine (would tie me for 14th) - so sure could use some clarification on that.

Finally, at last check, I was tied for 19th on Valentine. My scores are as follows for the 10 levels:

1. 991
    2. 985
    3. 984
    4. 973
    5. 978
    6. 981
    7. 981
    8. 969
    9. 985
    10. 987
    Total: 9814

Can any of those scores be increased if I can't get slo-mo? Which ones have the best chances of improvement?

Oh, an in case it matters, I use an iPhone 4.

17. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    From twitter, fdg says new 20 levels have been submitted.

18. iPancho

Aug 10, 2010
    Gelderland
    Hi kahuna.
    Level 4: 986 or 987 is possible, but needs a lot of resets because you need to have some luck. The idea is not to move the orange...
    Level 8: shouldn't be to hard to get 973: 1st wheel in the left gap, let the 2nd bounce off the first so it pushes the oranges right, 3rd wheel to close the right gap.
    Good luck

19. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Dang. Am I missing something on level 4? I drop the triangle on the right and immediately drop the wheel to hit it then drop the other triangle on the lower left so the orange and wheel behind it hits it - but the darn countdown just goes on forever.

Must have played that level hundreds of times (at least it seems like it!). Level 8 seems to have a similar problem - the counter won't stop. I drop a wheel on the right to block the hole. Drop a wheel to the left of the leftward orange. Drop the last wheel various ways:

1. Block the top hole AFTER the oranges drop through.

2. Or drop it on the upper platform so the rain or lever pushes it the rest of the way.

3. Or drop it on the lever as it comes up (or starts to go down again) so it rolls into the top hole.

None of these seems to work. I wondered if there was a way to get one orange to drop down the left side and bounce into the lower platform, but never succeeded.

20. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Oh, missed the part about not moving the orange on level 4 - So far no luck with that either. I'm guessing I have to wedge a triangle in the gap between those circles so I'll mess with it some more.