Universal Cover Orange 2 - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Idoctor

Idoctor Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    3-23

Hey guys. Just drop the first bomb right on top of the wooden ball to quickly activate it. If it falls just left a little, it will send the ball directly into the orange and make him fall faster down the hill. Timing is tight. Many ways to hit the orange directly. Mine looked like it made the ball hit the orange just above the belly. Of course second bomb from way up high to give the orange time to get clear. Enjoy!

Ipad4 here, but im not sure if any difference.

2. Cowboy.Henk

Cowboy.Henk Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Thx, well done, i'll try...

3. Phantom X

Phantom X Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    I'm pretty sure the points have been maxed. I don't see 3-23 getting any higher. Update soon??? :eek:

4. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I need to drop the first bomb a little above the wooden ball to get the effect. When dropping "right on top" it doesn't seem to happen. Not sure if because of this I lose just too much time or if I'm simply too slow :rolleyes: or if it is something else but I haven't seen the clock stop at 995 yet :(

On my iPad2 I see always one of the same three different trajectories happening (not counting the normal one): one is vertical-ish (bye bye ball), the second is kind of scraping the hair of the orange without actually touching (oof!) and the third is the one that hits him in full so the small bugger goes speedier to the right and back to the left (yeah!). I don't see "Many ways to hit the orange directly", I see just one way.

5. Idoctor

Idoctor Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Maybe there is a device difference on this level. The drop was no more than a couple of pixels above the ball to minimize time until bomb activation. I saw 3-4 different ways the orange was hit directly. You definitely want the one where the orange goes quickly right and then quickly back left. In addition to what you mentioned, there is also one where the orange is hit below the midline. This one is slower and wont work.

With an ipad4, i am confident you will have it in no time at all. Maybe you can get your hands on one for a night and sync your game. Good luck!

6. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Interesting, thanks! Yes, the higher resolution of the retina display apparently allows for more and different variations/trajectories. It is similar to what we have seen with 1-34. Man, I had tried that one for hours on my Pad2 before I got my hands on a friends Pad4 and got the 999 in literally a couple of minutes with a beautiful balance. Ah well, such is gaming life :D

Just for knowledge sharing, I know of these three that are impossible or near to impossible on my iPad2:
    1-34: there is no (near) perfect balance
    3-8: bomb explodes too soon
    3-23: projectile trajectories are different

Only for 3-8 I'm certain it is really impossible on an iPad2 (well, ok, let's say 99.9%).
    And then there is 2-4 and the likes where a good balance helps a lot, but it does not get to the same level of being (near to) impossible as the above.

7. redgamer24

redgamer24 Active Member

Jul 7, 2013
    #907 redgamer24, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013

Since we're on the topic, I want to point out that I haven't given up due to lack of interest. I gave up because there are a whole bunch of scores that are impossible on the iPhone. The biggest one being 2-3 (many hours have been wasted here), but there are a bunch of others that I don't recall at the moment that seem much harder or impossible with a small screen. When I realized this, I stopped trying so hard. I think cy@n did the same thing.

It also seems much harder to drop 5 objects in 999. I can do it, but it only works less than 5% of the time, and combined with the precision needed to win in most of these levels, I haven't obtained 999 in any level that has 5 drops (as far as I can remember (edit: apparently I did it on 2-15, but that's the only one)). Is it just as hard on iPads, or is this another disadvantage for phones?

8. TexCube

TexCube Active Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Mapping
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Finally entered the top 25 ... Shaving seconds is getting tougher and tougher

9. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Steady going! What are you stuck on?

10. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    For 3-8 I borrowed an iPod but I have to admit, coming from an iPad I didn't like the small screen at all. Part of it is preference, I guess. I'm used now to the big screen and for CO2 lay the iPad in front of me and kind of index finger hammer away, left, right, left etc style for the 5 objects levels. Shaun for example said he doesn't do LRL... something I cannot imagine, but everybody finds their own way.

I tried 1-34 as well on the iPod but yes I found it more difficult, especially for the precision. A bigger screen is more forgiven. And for dropping 5 objects the iPad is also more stable (it has more weight) for my hammer style. I personally cannot imagine holding an iPod/iPhone in both hands and using my thumbs, but maybe others prefer it that way

11. redgamer24

redgamer24 Active Member

Jul 7, 2013
    It has nothing to do with preference for me, I just don't have an iPad. I do have an iPhone. No choices here. While I usually have no issues with my iPhone, this is one game where I would love to have a bigger screen, but not enough that I'm going to buy an iPad for a few extra points.

12. TexCube

TexCube Active Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Mapping
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I'll post the levels giving me the most issues today. I still need to plug my scores into the spreadsheet too. What I am really starting to like about the game is how it makes you think of new things to try to complete a level. Some people say games teach us nothing. I say BS ... GAMES LIKE THIS TAKE THINKING TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL.

13. TexCube

TexCube Active Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Mapping
    Oklahoma City, OK
    3-35 ... I cannot get it above 987??????

14. Cowboy.Henk

Cowboy.Henk Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    I did it on iPhone where it is easier to drop the two crates on top left than on iPad. Then drop the ball and orange via trampoline. The ball should prepare a space for our orange friend.

15. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    On ipad2 I didn't see how to do two crates top left and I had to do it this way:

16. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
  17. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    This way

Attached Files:

18. TexCube

TexCube Active Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Mapping
    Oklahoma City, OK
    #918 TexCube, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    Thank you cowboy! It really helped. I got it to 997 but as stated by above it seems impossible to 999 on my iPad ... I will try the alternate way shown above by Saosijs to see if I can get it. Still procrastinating on entering my scores but finally entered the top 20 and crossed into the 700 club.

19. TexCube

TexCube Active Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Mapping
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I've posted all of my scores ... That is an awesome spreadsheet!

20. TexCube

TexCube Active Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Mapping
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Ok ...2-3 is killing me I have learned to start doing alternate ways but this one I just can't see it. Anyone got advice?