Universal Cover Orange 2 - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    Level Scores

Great Game!!
    I totally love the graphics and the performance, but i miss the scores for each level to be shown at the level menu, like it was in Cover Orange 1.
    Can you do someting like this with the next update?

2. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I am the only thing I'm not keen on is the click on the hidden star element, I like to be able to just set it up and watch it go without having to scan the screen all the time for the star to appear. But hey that's just me still an ace game...

3. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Thank you very much everyone! Your support made Cover Orange 2 appear in several Top Charts list around the world already :)

We keep our eyes and ears open for your feedback!

4. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    So can you explain the stars to me? If you have some of the star left over down below (presumably because you finished in the time limit) a star will appear during the end game sequence? That allows you to get all 3 (5?) stars? AND you have to find it during the end game? And tap it?

Playing around it seems I can get 2 or 5 stars. Haven't been able to figure out why you get stars and how. Seems like it's time and what?? It's disappointing because not knowing exactly how you earn stars takes away some of the fun.

5. Future777

Patreon Studio

Hi New England Gamer! :)

The stars work like this:

1) solve the level
    2) make it quick (before energy from star-indicator (middle of lower screen border is depleted)
    3) tap on the hidden star while the rain cloud passes by.

6. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    How on earth do you do level 1-35????? I can't even get close to finishing it.....

7. Future777

Patreon Studio

Drop the block on the far left side, then the orange on the right. Watch the chain reaction :)

8. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Brilliant thanks very much. Btw I think I might have spotted a bug, I've noticed on more than one occasion now that if I successfully complete a level then retry it immediately to try and get more stars then the bonus star doesn't appear. Thought it was me just missing it at first but its happened a few times now. If I try another level and come back its always there but not after an immediate retry.

9. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Cool, thanks for that explanation. What are the two ribbons on either side for?

10. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    Because of the fact, a star in a specific level is showing up at different spots, i guess you just missed it ;)

11. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    I've seen this bug too a couple of times.

12. Honki

Honki Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    That is exactly what I did. ;) Thank you!

13. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    I thought that the first time it happened and even thought I might have missed it the second time but not the 3rd and4th times. Also it's very specifically after a retry of a level.

14. Nadante

Nadante Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    The title made me think this was some fruit-inspired football game. Was disappointed and not disappointed at the same time :)

15. Cowboy.Henk

Cowboy.Henk Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Congrats future777 with the release of CO2. I am pretty sure it will do well on the AppStore. Great job.

I got 360/360. I must say, overall, the puzzles were really tough. Some solutions were hilarious. I love the trampoline, really great addition. Cheers

16. Cowboy.Henk

Cowboy.Henk Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    I also was impressed that the game was in Dutch. How many languages are available?

17. Future777

Patreon Studio

Thank you Cowboy Henk! :) It supports quite a lot of languages, you can see them listed on iTunes.

18. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Amazing game. An amazing sequel after cover orange :)

19. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Hi Future777, what do you think about these suggestions?
    They seem easy enough to implement.

Additional leaderboards per individual world (let's say "Knight", "Pirate" and "Cowboy") would help me know how I'm doing when still completing the game. It will be a good incentive halfway the game. I never really started playing CO1, because it had so much content and only one (total) leaderboard was too daunting. I bet you never received that complaint before "so much content"? :D

About the "start the clock on first touch", I like to see that the clock starts upon first touch and not immediately when entering a level or hitting the retry button. I've seen this in a few games now and I like it alot. A game doesn't change by this behaviour and stays as competitive as before.
    Also, I have a feeling that the "immediate clock start" could give unfair advantages on certain platforms (but not sure if this really is true).