Couple Great Headphone deals Black Friday

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by pluto6, Nov 28, 2014.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #1 pluto6, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    Amazon has the Sennheiser HD 598 headphones for only $100 as their deal of the day. Retail for $349 and I think the cheapest they have ever been has been about $180 so this is a phenomenal deal.
    Here is a link to a long time internet reviewer of headphones.
    http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-598

Also they have Sony MDR V6 for only $50. Normally these sell around $90. Been around for years as a studio headphone - very accurate.

Link for them http://www.head-fi.org/products/sony-mdr-v6-monitor-series-headphones

Enjoy!

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    New sale at Adorama. The Sennheiser HD 600 on sale for $260 ( normally sell around $400) and the Sennheiser HD 650 for $315 (normally around $450).

These are some of the finest audiophile headphones you will ever hear, and with a little care will last you your whole life.

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    These are all open can headphones, right? I have been trying to find some super premo foldable semi portable closed can earphones. My dad lost my really expensive set and now I have $520 to spend from my dad. Any good suggestions?

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Yeah, they are open.
    Closed - I personally have both the ATH - M50 (there is now an M50x with detachable cables) and the Sony MDR-V6. Both excellent. However, headphones are very personal. 2 sites that I think are great are head-Fi.org and headphone.com (headroom). Head-Fi is forum based, and headroom has forums, but it is sales based. Your satisfaction really depends on your listening habits. Oh, the Sennheiser Momentum Over-Ear (the less expensive On-Ear are open design) have got some excellent press recently. There have been some sales on these around $150 - $200 recently. Save $100 -150 and get a reasonable DAC - AMP combo - good ones cost lots. The amp will really make a difference, even in the low impedance cans, and are almost essential in higher impedance ones. I don't use a DAC - I still use CDs.
    I have a JDS Labs Objective 2 amp which is hard to beat for $130 and a little FiiO E11 for travel. Pleasantly surprised with the FiiO. Lots of opinions out there on amps, DACs, etc. pays to do a little research, otherwise you will not be happy.
    There are also lots of folks that love in-ear sound isolation buds. I have some inexpensive Shure that are nice and Ultimate Ear Triple Fi 10 that are great, but they are not as comfortable as the cans IMO.