Universal CounterSpy (by Sony Computer Entertainment America)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    This game is excellent, the controls work pretty darn good in my opinion.. Yeah occasionally you'll open a locker when trying to take cover but it hardly happens.. Can't put this game down

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    You will eventually cause this game eats battery fast (at least on my iPad Mini RD)

3. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    I agree, but I have a few games that drain battery life much faster.. Monster hunter and Bioshock completely kill my battery.. So does mc5

4. DynamightyDave

Sep 6, 2014
    Making Videogames
    San Franscisco
    It depends on what type of game experience you are after. The PlayStation game has two sides that are facing off, and you need to switch between them, with a meta-game where you have to balance their DefCons. It also has more weapons. I think its worth the price but I'm biased! :)

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I only play on the go, so for me it's not worth the price mainly because I'd have to buy a PS Vita too! :p I have to say though that this is the only game which has made me interest myself on how much is a PS Vita and check its price in a shop the other day :D

6. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Okay so I just took the plunge (if you can call spending $5 a plunge, lol) and this version is just as fun as on the PS3. Took me all of 2 seconds to get used to the controls, too.

The only thing I wonder if it is possible to do in this version is point where you want your gun to be before you pull it out. In the console version, you move around a circle, and your target starts somewhere in that circle when you draw your weapon.

7. TheNoobOfTheCentury

TheNoobOfTheCentury Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Is there any way of getting progress back after deletion? Thanks, i need memory but will come back to it later.

8. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    I'm still playing this constantly and have seen a couple of level configurations that I haven't seen before, some are minor variations, but some aren't. My only problem is I can't get anywhere in the harder difficulties. Need to be able to afford either the Persuader or Final negotiatior weapons to get anywhere!

9. TheNoobOfTheCentury

Aug 3, 2014
    This is tied with goat simulator. For a fact. There's only one thing that could make this better: costumes and different agents. Maybe once you beat normal, you can unlock a new agent type, then when you unlock expert and the other one, you could get more! The costumes can include hats,shirts,and pants! I totally want to be the dude in a tuxedo trying to stop crazed scientists from the Cold War, instead of being a guy with goggles on. Can you please add some kind of wardrobe? That would be #!

10. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    iOS 8 has caused freezing problems with a lot of games including this one. Great update!##

11. cannedpineapples

Jul 19, 2012
    I read about the control issues at first and that kept me gun-shy.

Then the high ranks in the store, and the other good reviews from users here (plus that awesome art) pulled me back.

Finally went for it on a limb.

Played through the first scenario- the controls so far feel exactly like Mirror's Edge. I can see how someone expecting a Swordigo/ Goblin Sword type of experience would have problems adjusting, but Mirror's Edge is one of my favourite mobile games ever and so I instantly understood the scheme. It seems well implemented and very responsive too.

12. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    This is for Dynamighty:

So my brother was staying at my place for the night, and he was checking out some of my gaming devices. He only has a PC, so he was playing this game on my iPad and he really loved it. Then he checked it out on my PS3 and loved it there as well.

Now my question. Is there a GOOD reason that this game is not available on PC, since it was made on Unity, which easily runs on the PC platform as well. As good as this game is, I think it would get a lot of sales on PC as well.

13. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    People are talking about control issues? What control issues?

14. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #274 bigjack66, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    The only real problem is the aiming reticule goes to last point aimed which is annoying when you want to aim elsewhere and have to drag it across the screen. You usually need to take your finger off and continue again! I knew I'd like it instantly because it reminded me of Shadow Complex by Chair on Xbox 360. Another great game.###

15. cannedpineapples

Jul 19, 2012
    Actually aiming is my only problem so far as well. Does it work better on an iPad? I'm thumb aiming with my iPhone 6+, and sometimes my fat thumb covers the area of aiming, and can't see the fella. :)

16. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Oh I never noticed that, now that you mention it, it has messed with my timing once or twice, nothing annoying but that'd could be in the 1st update.

Also, I've been experiencing some crashes lately, at 1st I hadn't a single one but now I'm getting them constantly, must be cause there are more enemies on screen.

I hope they fix that too, because games like this one are the reason I still have faith for iOS gaming.

17. DynamightyDave

Sep 6, 2014
    Making Videogames
    San Franscisco
    Hey MrMojo, the game was funded by Sony, so its available on all the PlayStation devices and the mobile version was something that they (and we) both wanted to create. I'm not saying never but I'd say that if you want the 'PC' version the closest you will probably get is a console.

18. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the reply, and for such a great game!

19. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    Needs an update for iOS 8. It's been stuttery and freezes at least once a level. Been very annoying. Not your fault just something that needs doing.

20. TheNoobOfTheCentury

Aug 3, 2014
    There's only one thing that could make this better: costumes and different agents. Maybe once you beat normal, you can unlock a new agent type, then when you unlock expert and the other one, you could get more! The costumes can include hats,shirts,and pants! I totally want to be the dude in a tuxedo trying to stop crazed scientists from the Cold War, instead of being a guy with goggles on. Can you please add some kind of wardrobe? That would be #!