Universal CounterSpy (by Sony Computer Entertainment America)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 4, 2014.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wow, PG gave this a gold

2. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    #242 bigjack66, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    You'll need to go through normal again and try to get persuader and grenade launcher and others cause it's really difficult. Those captain guys in black are super tough and the only way to take them down is either explosives or dart them and wait till they've shot everybody then shoot them. It is a shooting game so gun battles are prevalent in the game and difficult to avoid. Still can't stop playing, except for short breaks! You do need to reboot every so often otherwise it crashes! Must be quite memory intensive, tho I'm not surprised.

3. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    Well deserved too!

4. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    What happens after I collect all the plans?

5. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    That makes absolutely no sense. If that was true, there would be no iOS version at all. It's not like the Playstation version is only available in Australia.

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    What device are you using? This happens to me with my iPhone 4S, but in the iPad 3 it works like a charm. No issues at the moment.

7. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    I'm using an Ipt5 and it hasn't crashed on me once yet.

8. TheNoobOfTheCentury

TheNoobOfTheCentury Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    I dont know if anyone said this before but on the ipad mini 1 it crashes almost EVERY GAME! So annoying i played an hour then crashed a ton, so i stopped playing it for a week and really want to play it again, but i cant because halfway through the mission it crashes!

9. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I had this occasionally - I solved it by clearing multitasking and rebooting. Usual thing that I have to do quite often with larger games.

Edit - I have OG iPad Mini too.

10. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Well I always clear multitasking before playing a game, it's a good habit.

11. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    For those of you who have the psn version, would you recommend it? I saw a lot of complaints that the game was short and not worth many replays... But with random level design, I'd think that it would be very replay-able.

12. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #252 VirtualBoyFreak, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    Persuader is a must. When you have many enemies on screen, use it so that they kill each other and then kill the remaining before they notice what's happening.

Just finished an advanced level game. It was VERY DIFFICULT. Now the expert mode is near impossible. I'll have to try several strategies to see which one works best.

EDIT: Did it! Finally finished in expert mode! :D Buy persuader for the first mission and then the rest of the weapons for the following missions. Incredible game here.

@DEVS: please add an IAP with the Capitalist missions. The game as it is, is fantastic, but more content would be gladly welcome :) Btw, the last mission is always the same regarding room layout, right? You get more enemies as you play on higher difficulties though.

I've read this too. I was thinking about getting the PS3 version to link them, but I don't play with it any more, so spending $15 just to link the games is quite expensive...

13. coccodrillo

coccodrillo Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Can't buy the game in Switzerland.

Why?

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Check dev posts in thread. It has to do with Sony Mobile not being present in all territories.

15. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #255 bigjack66, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    I'm using the same but very low on space. Maybe that's something to do with it. It's annoying but the game is good enough to put up with it. To those unsure of buying it, do so immediately it's a great game and you won't regret it!
    My only problem is I'm rubbish at strategising and can't do advanced levels! Doesn't stop me playing it constantly tho!

16. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    I know, such a fanastic game, the worst I've experienced is a little lag here and there, but like you say, the game's so good I don't even care.

This game seriusly makes me want to upgrade, though it would be cheaper to just buy it for the ps4 lol

17. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Buy persuader, let the enemy do the job for you ;)

18. TheNoobOfTheCentury

TheNoobOfTheCentury Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Found a way to cheat death: close the app when you know youre gonna fail. Saved many times by that!

19. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    You don't even have to close the app. Just hit pause and quit mission if you know you are going to fail.

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    @Devs: a bug. I was killed in the last scene of level 3, where there's like an enormous control room with many soldiers, and I respawned under the floor, which made my character fall endlessly until I quit the game. I attach an image so that you can see it.

Attached Files: