Universal CounterSpy (by Sony Computer Entertainment America)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 4, 2014.

1. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    How do you beat the harder difficulties? I can only manage normal difficulty. Still love the game tho.

2. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Australia only gets remembered when it comes to price gouging or when they want us to join a war. Otherwise we matter little to anyone.

3. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    #223 Nobunaga, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    I always go in with the counter pistol, diplomatic pistol, perforator rifle and dart persuader for weapons.
    Manually refill ammo to save money. If you're one bullet away from full it'll fill it with the auto refill and waste your money.
    For formulas, I go withe endurance and precision shooting. If the defcon isn't at 5, I take persuasion. If it is at 5, I take signal scrambling.
    In the last level, I treat it like any other, unless defcon is at 1 or 2 (or countdown is started). If it is I only kill enemies I have to and speed to the end of the level.
    Could switch the counter pistol for silenced shotgun and get better results probably. I try to save money for a hi-score boost at the end of the game though.

Edit: in response to why Australia doesn't get the game, is it possible sony doesn't want to deal with having the game rated and or banned by the Australian rating system? Your country has a history of banning games and even political interference to get games banned. Given the theme of the game it seems possible to me. In my country physical copies of games are subject to a voluntary rating system, major outlets won't carry unrated games, so, maybe not entirely voluntary. Digital downloads, seem to be more or less exempt of this though. Are they in Australia?
    Seems like a lot of red tape put up by the government. Either way, it only hurts honest buyers of games and publishers who can't/won't sell in Australia, which would promote piracy.

4. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Don't forget about crocodile Dundee and Fosters beer!

5. DynamightyDave

Sep 6, 2014
    Making Videogames
    San Franscisco
    Hey Guys,
    So I have an update of information for the Australian territory but unfortunately its not happy news.

I've been told by Sony that the game is currently available on all territories supported by PlayStation mobile. What this means is that if its not now available in your territory there are probably not plans to release.

I'm very sorry and its a bummer we would love to get it into as many people's hands as we can. Unfortunately this is likely business level complications or decisions at the Sony level we don't have access to.

For what its worth (totally my opinion) I don't think the intention is to deprive Australia or other territories as Sony is like any other business they happily want to sell a product for money to people that want to buy it, so I assume there are valid reasons.

I hope that things will change in the future so maybe we will still release but that's the news I have for now. :(

6. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I really enjoy the game, but it's frustrating the way it gets harder by incresing the number or guards and not by level design.

7. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Thanks for the info, although I still do find it odd that you can buy the game on Vita in Australia, I would have thought it a no brainier to have the extra volume of sales from iOS, regardless. Oh well, good luck to everyone playing it.

8. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #228 bigjack66, Sep 11, 2014
    Thanks for the info Nobunaga. I'll see if that helps. The trouble is you never have enough money at the start and even the first level is a real toughy on the harder levels. I quickly get the Defcon down to one and die before I reach the end!

9. Alvil

Alvil Member

Feb 13, 2014
    India
    Game is looking quite great if focus on it's graphics and ultimately I guess graphic plays an important part in drawing attention of game lovers.

10. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #230 worldcitizen1919, Sep 11, 2014

Thanks Dave. Its clear that we have enough Playstation users in Australia to gouge by selling its version which is more expensive than this one. If they can gouge us for $20 why sell it to us for $6?? I was going to buy a PS4 next week I may hold off for a while or think about an Xbox instead.

It's as clear as day that the extra $14 to be made over the ios app is what the decision was all about. The intention is to get us to buy the Playstation version at a much higher cost.

11. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    If this one does not have any physically controller support yet, I guess it will need one...Sorry if this is already mentioned, Pocket Gamer gives it a Gold.

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The game deserves the gold award. Unfortunately, unless there is a memory usage optimization in future updates, I have to say that in low-end devices as the iPhone 4S, you will suffer some problems. If there are not many enemies on screen (normal level usually), the game runs fine most of the time if you reboot prior to playing. But if there are many enemies onscreen, the game will drop its framerate A LOT, and this usually makes it crash and you end up at the desktop.

I keep my 5* because I like the game a lot. I just wish its performance on the iPhone 4S was better. I'll have to try and see if it's any better on my iPad 3...

13. No problems at all on iPad 3 :)

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Bummer. :( Oh well...maybe I'll pull out the old U.S. account one of these days.

15. #235 GreedPhantom, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    CounterSpy (by Sony Computer Entertainment America)

Aussie guys, make a new account for this game. Totally worth it !!!

16. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I've played the game for over 8 hours on my iPad 3 and haven't had any crashes or framerate issues at all.

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Fantastic news, thanks a lot! I left it installing last night. I'll play it when I get home tonight.

18. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    I can't stop playing this game! It's fantastic! The stated gametime's about 2-3 hours but you have to go through a few times to get all weapons and formulas. It came out last Friday and I'm still playing it this Friday with no intentions of stopping, so my gameplay time must be getting towards 20hrs+. I play it on my iPod touch and mini. I just stop for a while to play something else but I'm soon drawn back to it!

19. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #239 bigjack66, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    That's how most games of this type get harder! I love it too much to care. Found my first big glitch! A guard who wasn't there. Which wouldn't have been so bad but he kept raising the alarm!
    "As I was going down the stairs,
    I met a man who wasn't there,
    He wasn't there again today,
    Oh how I wish he'd go away!"

20. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Anyone have any tips for playing the advanced levels? I'm finding it is now usually devolving into a gunbattle, and I'd like to be more subtle about it.