Universal CounterSpy (by Sony Computer Entertainment America)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 4, 2014.

1. I think you should give Hitman a go one more . Try to perform all world 1 with all challenges. If you don't like it after that. Then you can erase it.

2. Gatada

Gatada Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    #182 Gatada, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    Wow — love this

Not available in Norway. Really hoping it will be.. This game looks great.

Ok. So, didn't want to wait. So for the first time in my life, I logged in with my UK account to buy a game. It is great. Love the controls!

Great work! End of transmission.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I've played the first 9 levels with all challenges. I'll reinstall and give it another go as per your suggestion, but I'm not sure it will stay too much. I prefer action games as CounterSpy rather than puzzle games as Hitman Go...

4. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    New games will come out soon and this will be forgotten. Once launch frenzy is over sales will slow down drastically. Sony should learn that we don't wait forever here and move on. If they want to leave us out in the end it will hurt them not us as there are plenty more games to move on to. Devs who go to the trouble of making these games should be fuming that Sony is not giving them proper exposure.

Even if this comes out soon I don't think I'm interested anymore.

5. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    How many console games have micro transactions, or paywalls?

6. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    I'm really on the fence about this one

7. It's everywhere man. Even on console.

8. It's a scoring game like The Nightmare Cooperative. When you loose, you loose everything ;) And you need to restart from begining. So nope, i don't think we'll forgot this game anytime soon :)

9. I know, it's a puzzle game. But a clever puzzle game. Not too many on iOS. I told you to go on, because the more you'll play, the more you'll meet new enemies and new gameplay mechanics. Trust me, you'll not regret it :)

10. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    #190 bigjack66, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    Some do have DLC like weapons or character skins and levels it's nothing new! Also you don't have to buy these micro transactions. I never have. As you get older you become more discerning. At least you have a choice.
    Like RR3 people whined about paying for stuff in that, I've been playing it since it came out and haven't spent a penny! And games cost 10-20 times as much on consoles for the same experience, as much as the dearest micro transactions, although you'd need to be awful stupid to spend that much! Which some people seem to be, unfortunately!

11. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    I've been playing it on my mini for a little while now and it's been fine so far!

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hmmm, okay, thanks

13. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    Agree, there is enough good stuff on IOS to keep me ticking over nicely. I have not bothered with a next generation console and overpriced games either

GaZ #

14. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    See TA didn't like this much and gave a half arsed review that didn't take into account of a little effort. I haven't stopped playing this since it came out. It just wasn't some 8bit sidescrolling, coin collecting piece of crap that they seem to love for no apparent reason! It's a great game, worth every penny! Buy it!!

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Do you like honest video game reviews?

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    What's so bad about 8bit coin collecting?

17. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    +1! I could not agree more! :D

18. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Haven't played this yet, and am looking forward to getting round to it (it's stitting in my 'too play' folder). But I don't think that's a fair comment about the review. Don't forget that this is a review by one person, who is giving his/her opinion on the game. Hopefully that is an honest opinion of how they feel the game is.
    Why don't you post a few hundred word review instead showing how you feel about it, rather than just slagging the review off...
    Besides, you bought the game and enjoy it, are you just looking for a review to match your opinion o confirm that you do actually enjoy it? I much prefer to see honest reviews that detail the positive and negative of a game.

Seemingly not...

19. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This, write a user review and give your opinion.

While I don't fully agree with TA's review, mainly because I love the randomization in this game and it's a plus to continue playing it over and over, I have to admit there's room for improvement in the controls: when the action gets too hectic, you can easily give wrong instructions. When the defcon countdown sets and you have to reach the end of the level ASAP, I usually give wrong instructions because I get running to a ladder, quickly swipe to go up the ladder, but I do it a fraction of a second before the ladder is detected and I jump instead of going up the ladder. This is just one example of a wrong input, and they tend to happen in hectic situations. If you play calmly and slowly, you can manage perfectly... Until you kill a soldier and the other 6 soldiers notice that something is happening :p

Having said this, I keep my 5* review because I'm having a great time with the game. It could be compared in a way to the old Splinter Cell 2D of the N-Gage, but with random elements/levels, touch input and Cold War setting. I really wish it sells well and devs put more contents.