Universal Count Crunch's Candy Curse (by BlackHiveMedia)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Black Hive Media, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Black Hive Media

Black Hive Media Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    PM'd!

That's it folks! Have a spooktacular weekend.

2. David1886

David1886 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Ok, I played some levels and that's my opinion:

Pros:
    1) Beautiful art style
    2) Nice gameplay
    3) Quest system
    4) Sticker Booo-k :)

I really didn't see obvious cons, but I would like to have Game Center achievements in one of the next updates

I strongly recommend this game!

3. Black Hive Media

Jul 7, 2009
    Thanks for the mini-review!

Here's a screen for #screenshotsaturday

[​IMG]

4. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Any more code? I'll leave impressions

5. Black Hive Media

Jul 7, 2009
  6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Please don't. Asking for promo codes is against the rules on TA and our little friend here is a multiple time offender.

7. Black Hive Media

Jul 7, 2009
    Doh! Noted. Too late this time though... It's a good policy and I'll be sure to help keep it up.

8. Black Hive Media

Jul 7, 2009
    Heads up, we've submitted an update to Count Crunch that will allow you to earn new Halloween masks, including one for Day of the Dead (Dia de los muertos)! :)

9. Black Hive Media

Jul 7, 2009
    Our Halloween mask pack update is now in the store. You can earn three new masks, including the Dia De Los Muertos masks!

[​IMG]

También hemos localizado para español! (We also localized for Spanish!)

10. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Wow! This totally flew under my radar! Looks fun as hell! ;) Question: Is there any plan to add additional levels if this does well? I love to support new independent dev teams and I also love great platformers, just a little concerned about some of the comments indicating this might be a very short experirnce for me..

Either way, I'm Keeping my eye on this and will like the FB page to support. Art looks amazing and the soundtrack clip posted earlier is good stuff! Best Luck with your new game!

11. Black Hive Media

Jul 7, 2009
    Here's one of the masks you can unlock in the new update to Count Crunch!

[​IMG]

We definitely plan on supporting the title as we go. The big push was for Halloween since it is strictly a Halloween game (unlike most which are Halloween theme updates). But yes, more content is planned.

Alternatively, as usual it's hard to get visibility on the app store and so we just released a free version that allows you to buy as you go, if you want. HOWEVER, we also just dropped the price to $0.99 for Halloween. :) The $0.99 one is the much better value.

12. Black Hive Media

Jul 7, 2009
    Ok guys, today is Halloween. Time to get excited!

Here's a mask that you can unlock in the new update!

[​IMG]

13. philadendron

philadendron Active Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Art looks great, this is right up my alley. Really bummed no GC achievements. Any plans to add?

14. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #56 Gambler, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    Lol, looks like the promo code mooch never made good on his promise to leave impressions. Very very naughty. :D

For the game, haven't heard of it before and even though Halloween's over I think I'll give it a try. Screenshots just look amazing and for two bucks you can't really go wrong. Even if the game were only three hours the value would still be much better than for most PC/console games (no idea how long it really is, some here seemed to be concerned with the game's actual length though)

15. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

That's because he's still in time-out. Still sitting on a chair facing the corner! Most likely he forgot about leaving an impression since he's in time-out for too long

16. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I love this game!
    It is adorable Halloween goodness for any time of the year!
    It is simple to play.
    It is a little bit slow paced, but perfect for those times that you want to relax with a bit of a challenge.
    The graphics are adorable.
    You operate a kid in a mask who was stupid enough to release some evil out into the halloween world. You must collect candy, avoid obstacles, find missing items that other trick or treaters are looking for, and fight off some baddies.
    The game is sickingly sweet. LOL!
    Actually, it is sweet. And; fun.
    For Some reason, I'm craving candy now. Hmmm.....

17. Black Hive Media

Jul 7, 2009
    Thanks for the interest guys. Awesome description, Lavender :D

The game ramps up quite a bit towards the middle and gives quite a challenge by the end.

18. Black Hive Media

Jul 7, 2009
    It's that time again! Get in the Halloween spirit with Count Crunch! Those of you who are playing on a Amazon Fire Stick, we're working on a small update to use the standard remote. We're also looking to get on the Google Play store for Android TV with controller support.