iPad Could you shoot a short youtube clip of my game? (for a promo code)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by eVp, Dec 16, 2008.

1. eVp

eVp Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    #1 eVp, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
    Hey,

I know this is a long shot, but I'm having big trouble in getting my hands on a video camera. You'd think anyone and their dog has them these days, but the people I know all seem to have broken theirs or own some ancient VCR stuff. So, I'd be asking anyone with a second of time on their hands and an interest to try out my game's new version to shoot a short clip of its gameplay. I'm not asking for a full review or anything like that - although that would of course be mega appreciated - just something to link to on the 'tube.

If anyone is interested in helping me out (this should take like 10 mins) please send me a PM or post something here and we'll work out the details. I've reserved five codes for this, so if you see someone has already posted, but you'd still feel like helping (or testing the game) shoot a message!

Oh and yeah, this is for the game Pajatzo. It's still hanging as the number one paid app in Finland and I just got the new version approved by Apple. It now includes touch controls as a supplement for the accelerometer based scheme. It also has some graphical enhancements.

(I'm sort of annoyed that you have to stick to one price globally. There is no point in dropping the price while it's #1 in Finland, but it's not going to sell too well with this price abroad... grml)

Anyway, hopefully someone can give me a helping hand!
    Thanks,

Elias

The results thus far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNZ4bdI0eec
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=authC8KIsAs

www.linktoapp.com/pajatzo

2. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

I could help you, when do you need it by?

3. eVp

eVp Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I probably should have mentioned that, good point. Sooner is always better, but this isn't urgent. Today, tomorrow.. the day after. Something like that would be awesome. Send me a pm if that sounds doable to you :)

Thanks

4. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    #4 field5, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
    I could do it...let me know

5. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    Ya sure I'd love to help!!!!!

6. eVp

eVp Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Still a couple of codes left (and no clips yet), so feel free to redeem your copy for a video shoot. I won't bump this any more, thanks for the ones who are working on filming.

7. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I'll shoot one right now for you since you were nice enough to give me a promo from before

8. ipressbuttons

ipressbuttons Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    I could...but

im in the uk :D erm i dont mean to be rude to the people above me after all im fairly new to posting things but why dont you hand out codes to people with a lot of posts or joined the forums a while ago? in fact all devs should do this..

EDIT: yeah i think someone like VegantTnT should get codes or arn

9. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    Well, where is the video at you slackers?
    :D

10. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Mmk, I had to learn how to use iMovie for this, haha.

I used the small setting cause that had an Iphone version available. However I'm NOT happy with how blurry it is. I'm uploading it again with the medium settings.

I used a tripod and a macro lens... You can actually read all the text perfectly on the original version. Anyone know how to get it looking better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCfSDe_cJ24

11. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Use high-res option on YouTube when uploading or use Vimeo?

Anyways, I just want to thank you again for the promo code. This is the perfect, addicting pick up and play game. I know many games are advertised as that, but not many keep you coming back like Pajatzo. I have about eight pages of apps ranked by how much I like them, and this went straight to page one.

12. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    I watched a little and have no idea wtf is going on. What is the point of this game? It looks like a ball goes across the top then falls down one of the sides.

Is the original video clear before you upload it? On my camera I have to hit the flower icon for macro mode to get a clear video that close.

13. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I have a short description of the game in the details. You launch a coin into the 7 floating slots with different values. the slots are numbered and when you launch a coin into one of those slots you are given coins equal to the slots worth. Instead of just giving you points you get coins which fall from that large field in the middle.

The original is perfect, you can see everything clearly. So much so that you can see all the lines on my palm! Palm readers stay back!

I'm going to try and rotate the image so it isn't compressed so much then try again

14. eVp

eVp Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Thanks VegantTnT,

Aww, I wish it had the sound effects on it, but having this is definitely better than nothing! (would also be cool to have a shot at the full physics)

Btw, when you play by "shaking", I suggest using a bit longer amplitude. You get a nice feel for the force when you do that. I also recommend using pitch control (tilt the device clockwise to aim higher, or swipe closer to vertical)

But that's a good start, let's see what the others turn up with!

15. eVp

eVp Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
  16. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Here's the higher res version of it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNZ4bdI0eec

Be sure to click "watch in high quality"

My camera was on macro so I had it a few inches from the screen. I was playing through the view finder so I couldn't move my iphone too much without it going completely off screen.

I went into settings and turned the sound effects and full physics on but it refused to let me exit. I tried for about a minute to no avail. I had to go to the home screen. That's never happened before and hasn't happened again.

But this was my first time using imovie and youtubeHD. Tomorrow I'll shoot it again since I'll have more time to do it.

17. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
  18. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2008
    If you need anyone to test the game just let me know... ;)

19. eVp

eVp Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Nice, you really cleaned the machine there! That really shows off everything I wanted to, great job. The only critique would be the somewhat low video quality, but you pulled it off well!

By the way, could you add "pajatso" as a tag for the clip? Thanks! (VeganTnT you could add it too, if you have time)