could you help me?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by sid187, Sep 12, 2010.

1. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    hi guys/gals i could use your help. i know the only help for me is a .44 to the head. laughs.

anyhow what i need is for you to measure your door way.
    like to a bedroom. my door ways measure 27 1/2" wide. ( the front door and back door are way wider but the rest of the door ways are all 27.. reason i asked for you to measure a bedroom door way.. and not teh front )
    i live in a manufactured home. im just wondering if these dang narrow door ways are just in manufactured homes or are standard? i know my front door way is much bigger..
    how you probably wondering why the hell do i need this measurement.. is he a stalker? laughs.
    im building a mame arcade cabinet. i have 60% cut out and will hopefully get it put together tomorrow minus the hardware still have to buy stuff..

anyhow, right now im at 25 1/2" width. this means ill be able to put in a 24 1/4" tv for the monitor.

standard arcade monitors are 25-27" but as im not gonna use a arcade monitor probably just a CRT tv. may try one of my flat screens and see what the picture is like..

anyhow.. once i get this thing built. i want it to travel through time knowing it could fit in a apartment door, or whatever..

im using these plans:
    http://www.mameroom.com/Products_UAII_Plans.asp

by the way if any of you kids wanna build one.. you do not need many special tools.. just a circular saw, and a drill.. and you will be good to go :)
    thank you for your time. if you can help just respond with "apartment measurement" "house measurement" "?? measurement" if most of your doors are bigger than mine ill go ahead and add to some width to mine..
    chris.

2. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    sorry to bug you guys.. no worries on measurement.. there is nothing constant from all the friends i called. im just gonna go ahead and keep the machine at 25 1/2" so i can move it around my house.. and from what i can tell you wont find a smaller door.. mine seems to be the smallest out of everyone i called. laughs.. should of heard my friends and family.. wtf why do you need to know my bedroom door width.. my girl, i did get to flirt some tho thats cool..
    ill post a picture of this beast when im done. untill then rock on!

chris.

3. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I have owned several arcade cabs and they can be a bitch to move, get through doors. Even though most of my monitors were the same size, the cabs would be very different.

My four player hit the ice was the hardest to get through a door, even with the control panels off.

4. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    #4 sid187, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
    yeah, i thought about a bartop for that reason.. moving the dang thing once i get it built it seem like it was gonna be a bitch looking at all the plans and there measurements.. bartop plans i found free at:

http://bartoparcade.katorlegaz.com/

but i want a spinner, 3" track ball, a 4way stick, and 2 8way sticks. and bartop just aint big enough for what i want.. after i build this ill build a bartop that will sit on the table that is between the kitchen, and the living room.. i have two bar stools there perfect place for a game.. can get a quick game in while im cooking dinner or having breakfast. will keep the bartop mode basic using the street fighter setup.. ie 8 way stick, and 6 buttons.

iv also decided to add 3/4" to my plans so i could use a authentic 25" arcade monitor if i ever want too.. i plan on keeping this thing till i die.. so may as well do it right and just bitch and moan when i go to move it LOL.

and i agree with you all the plans i found on line were huge.. i even went to the local places where they have a hand full of cabs to get some idea for measurements. I could not find any real arcades like there were when i was a kid.. guess the consoles killed the arcade! really is to bad... nothing like flirting with the girls at the arcade while getting rooted on to beat some high score.. will never for get the arcade experience... and some of the plans i looked at were way to big for my place. i mean i do not need a 4 and half foot base!! lol

i wanted to build a cock pit style box.. but all the plans i found were even bigger than a up right cab. LOL..

maybe i could make a mini version.. after all im not 36" wide...

5. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Did you already buy the plans? I was looking at building the same type of thing. Do they seem like good plans, worth the money? And possibly, could you send me the PDF?

6. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    #6 sid187, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
    yeah i paid for them. they are very well done.. even tho you feel like you get ripped off when you do not get physical plans in your hand by the mail..they only do electronic to be green.. pretty damn good excuse to save money and sound like you are being the good samaritan (think thats the right spelling, man i suck at this english pouts..) at the same time.. lol..

good luck on your project.

chris.