Could anyone give me some advice about indie game promoting?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by AlexWang, Mar 30, 2021.

1. AlexWang

AlexWang Member

Mar 28, 2021
    Hey, I’m an indie game developer. I just finished my first game. I wonder where I could show it for like-minded friends. I tried some forums yesterday. Unfortunately the post were removed for promoting. So could anyone give me some suggestions? Where could I make discussion about this? I don’t have much experience in it.

Feel free to comment! Really need your help!

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #2 psj3809, Mar 30, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    Hi. You posted a thread in the iOS game section. Your game is android only so I moved it there

You then posted the same thread in general and that was deleted as you’ve already got a thread for your game and also we don’t post game threads in general

the public developers forum is a great place to ask fellow devs on how to market or promote your game so hopefully you’ll get some replies or tips

Edit - And then created a shill account to post the same thread about your game. Not a good start

PewPewOnYou and metalcasket like this.
  3. AlexWang

AlexWang Member

Mar 28, 2021
    Some gamers sent me these screenshots. Feel free to try it~
    I'm thinking maybe I should make some videos of it...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. AlexWang

AlexWang Member

Mar 28, 2021
    Feel tired....It's not easy thing to promote your work by yourself

5. AlexWang

AlexWang Member

Mar 28, 2021
    Feel free to comment

6. AlexWang

AlexWang Member

Mar 28, 2021
    Also I would be pleasure to present a game gift bag to you if you like it PictureForTRT.jpg

Attached Files:

--Joy-- likes this.
  7. --Joy--

--Joy-- Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2020
    Female
    BDM of Planes Control & 2 Minutes in Space
    Canary Islands
    Wow, are you sure you are an indie ;)? Your game looks soooo professional! As an alternative, what about attending online events ( PGC? BIG festival in Brazil, Indie Cups?) Almost all of them are free nowadays + help to increase interest to your game. Things like your facebook, twitter, LinkedIN, youtube, etc pages are clear... #ScreenshotSaturdays on facebook and twitter? There is a huge group Indie Game Developers on facebook as well... People are very talkative over there ;) Discord groups for game developers, also good to become a part of the local/national association of game developers.... I can talk for hours :) Wishing you luck for your game!

8. AlexWang

AlexWang Member

Mar 28, 2021
    Thanks. we are a six person team. We don't know much about promoting. We tried facebook and twitter. seems it's hard to get attraction. I just simply post my screenshot. I believe there must be some ways I don't know. Would you mind I add your discord?