Universal Cosmonautica (by Chasing Carrots)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jul 31, 2015.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

The update is a massive step in the right direction and it's finally playable on my Air 2. Can't wait to dive in!

2. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

#142 Baracus, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    Got to say, since this update I'm getting some glitches and crashes.
    2 'fatal exception' crashes: 1 when I pressed the 'market' button in a station. 1 when it loaded the station menu after docking. Both times it had autosaved so didn't lose progress.

BUT it may have done something screwy with my save state because now I got this glitch: in a station, just browsing the menus, all of a sudden says I am in battle, and my hull is going down. I can't select my ship because I'm in a station, and can't leave the station coz it says I'm in a battle! I can see my and enemy health bars but can't do anything, as that is layered over the station menus.

I force quit so hopefully it won't freak out when I load this game again.

3. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Graphics still the same (blur) on my ip6

4. Lohengriehn

Lohengriehn Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    to buy or not to buy? Since I dont feel bad spending 7€ on a game, quality still matters. Does it deliver quality?

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    It looks great on my iPad Air 2"

6. rangent

rangent Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Is this playable on iPhone 6+ yet?

7. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Game still unplayable. iPad Air 2 here. My current game had to be deleted...900 cycles in because after the update it would t load. Started a new game and kongenium the plants in the first sector and phrolic do not show up on the map.

8. Shiori

Shiori Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Hey, I was wondering, how is the game perfomance on ip6+ with the new updates? Still blurry, or running at native resolution?

Thanks!

9. Baracus

Yeah every update has made the game worse for me. Bad testing!!

Those missing planets... you CAN still tap them but you have to imagine where it is by seeing the little AI ships floating in greater numbers near where it should be. It's like a free "Spot The Ball" mini-game.

10. LarryWP

LarryWP Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Dang, that's what I have, iPad Air 2. Guess I will see what todays patch brings.

11. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Any word on how this currently plays? I'm on an iPad Pro.

12. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    New update sounds good!
    Wonder if hi/low res option enables higher res on iPhones :)

13. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Is it finally bug free on air pad 2? I really would like to buy this game but I would like to be sure it's playable.

14. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Hmmm I turn on hi res graphics in options and when I start a new game, it throws up a error n crashes out :(
    I really want to play this game, but want the high res graphics, not the blurry ones :(

15. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Yes!!!! Actually I just started game up again after crash and it now works and has high res graphics!! Yesss :)
    I can finally play n enjoy this game!!

16. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #156 Ayjona, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    I can't really comment much on neither bugs nor longevity, in-depth substance or the advanced mechanics of the game (bought it just after the 1.2.0 update). But it runs, plays, and controls beautifully on my iPhone 6, and looks just as smashing. The UI is not too small, the high-res graphics are resolutely sharp, and the general design and touch controls principles are smart and convenient. And it really is very charming in style and presentation.

With all this character, I hope there is depth to the gameplay. The variety of ships, goods and ship modules suggests the trading simulation might be kinda possibly not entirely shallow (though perhaps a bit rough), and crew management seems to have some nice touches. Combat, perhaps less so, but bear in mind I am only very early into the game.

Regardless, it is a very nice amalgam of genres and styles, and a perfect fit for the mobile paradigm.

EDIT: some rare few UI elements are still a tad to small.

17. phandaal

phandaal Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Crashes every time I access the bar on the starting station. Unbelievable that after all this time, such huge reproducible bugs are still rampant.

First ever app is going to ask a refund for.

PS I'm on an iPad Pro, so it's nothing to do with lack of grunt.

18. Baracus

I gave up on this game after the first update made it worse (I assume coz they rushed it out without testing). Subsequent updates have also introduced new bugs (for me) without actually improving anything (less blurry graphics worked tho to be fair).

It's like watching Windows 98 slowly kill itself in front of your very eyes!

19. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    I see this has dropped to half price. Is anyone able to say how well it works now? I have an iPad Air 1 and would really like to give it a go..

20. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Me too. I'm uncertain. The comments in the German AppStore and here are concerning to say the least. Can some people who actually still play this game say if it's stable at last and if they recommend to buy and play it? If not, why? I'm on iPad mini 4 btw. Thx in advance!