Universal Cosmonautica (by Chasing Carrots)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jul 31, 2015.

1. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I'm in the same boat. Chasing carrots was at Gamescom last week. Hopefully they'll get on it soon.

2. Oldgamer

Oldgamer Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    I grabbed this because I'm a huge space sim fan, been playing them since Elite in 1984. This sounded great fun but I'm having a very hard time reading some of the text. Have deleted it for now but I'll keep my eye on it and if it's fixed in a patch I'll re-download.

3. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    You think that along with a resolution fix for iPhone... That they will make text/font a touch bigger?

4. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    That's twice now a bug in single player has stopped me dead in my tracks and won't let me play further. Two completely different missions, too. I'm not starting over a third time.

5. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Just started and go the hang of it, I bought the sharkalon ship, is that the best ship? The one below it looked better with more rooms but it was cheaper, and it had less cannon or torpedo slots. Hmm. But I'm just trading, battles seem impossible

6. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Battles need torpedoes. And, ideally, shields and a hacker.

Ensure that you've tasked gunners (in battle) to man the relevant guns and, tbh, if you're running anything... with even one torp, shields, a hacker and a turret... IMO you should be able to win a fair proportion of the time.

Worst case scenario, only use your shields against torpedoes, only fire torpedoes when their (hacked) shields are down.

7. 8BitFlash

May 19, 2015
    Ok cool I had the sharkalon but I bought the stingrage instead because it has more rooms and I don't need two torpedo slots. So I got torpedoes turrets and shields and hacker. Now I'm whooping.

8. Opiate

Opiate Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2015
    Any word of an update?

9. 8BitFlash

May 19, 2015
    Please update, it is unplayable. On a mission where I have to take out two pirates it just keeps looping. I killing the last ship but it keeps saying 1 out of 2 killed and the second ship is still there on the map. And the game crashes like crazy.

10. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    I got a support email response, an iOS update is in progress.

11. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Battles are a snap, and I have no tactical abilities. Granted, I was flying the last ship on the list (the luxury freighter with 3 turrets up top). But I used no other weapons except turrets (x3). Torpedoes are too easily evaded by enemy and cannon is too much effort for little payoff. With a 5 star hacker on his shield generator, and two 5 star scientists in dual shield gens, it's a cinch. Right when shield 1 drops, press shield 2. Shield 1 will be ready by the time 2 is depleted. So, you never get spanked. Meanwhile, anytime any of your 3 turrets is ready (and in range) fire immediately. Oh and set pilot to circle enemy. I have never lost a battle in my (currently stalled due to bug) single player campaign. If I can pull that off, ANYONE can do it. Don't do drugs. Stay in school. Have your pets spayed or neutered.

12. 8BitFlash

May 19, 2015
    Is the game still unplayable. Haven't played it since my mission just loops and crashes. But it's u playable because I cannot progress in the story, the mission just loops and never gets completed.

13. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Update out.

14. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Can anybody advise if it is "fixed?"

15. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Looks good to me. They have added anti-aliasing (on mini 3 at least, I assume for everything) and it does seem much less prone to skipping frames. I didn't think it was anywhere near bad before but certainly has less jaggy graphics now.

I kinda stopped playing this but gonna get back into it now!

16. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Looks like it's time for me to pony-up. Thx for replying.

17. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Thanks for all the reviews guys. I'm gonna pull the trigger now.

18. 8BitFlash

May 19, 2015
    Ok it got updated but now the game I have will not load...it just freezes on the loading screen. It was 900 cycles in, and I was stuck In a mission loops and waited for the update, now it won't load...looks like I may have to start completely over? Or delete it.

19. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

That sucks. On the 900th cycle you must have seen almost all the game anyway no? I'm on 300 cycles and have everything researched already. Just saving for a big step up for my next ship but I can't see that I will need another 600 from here. I haven't really been focussing on the Nils missions so I don't know what's in store :D (no spoilers please!).

20. pillzhereish

pillzhereish Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Student
    Damn, still looks rubbish on my 5s...