iPhone Cosmic Mechanic

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by gimblll, Apr 3, 2013.

1. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    #81 saosijs, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
    I think that yesterday I spent half of that time
    (looks like the game doesn't go to sleep, so me eating, talking on the phone etcetera is included :))

Oh, can we have an altimeter in these rocket jump levels? :)

Attached Files:

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Here's my stats, never noticed them before.

Attached Files:

3. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Basically this game cost me $0.10 per hour. I'd say that is premium entertainment value :cool:

4. amdreh

amdreh Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Brazil
    A cost-effective value way better than drugs and prostitutes :p

5. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Well, I was thinking more about comparing the cost of the game with going to the movies for example ;)

6. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    It makes totally sense what Sanuku is trying, but nevertheless I had to laugh so hard at 5:52 :D

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Yeah the game is pretty cool. You can just build some crazy Shit and then see how it blows up or not :D

8. amdreh

amdreh Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Brazil
    I tried that too.

9. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    #90 saosijs, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
    And you didn't get yet to the servo actuators (robots!) and the jet engines (rockets!). I had a blast with this game. It is such back to childhood fun, the type that adults secretly dream about but need an excuse to play. An expensive iOS device will do :D

Then something, I already finished the game and I never noticed that you can pick up Yuri and rotate him! :eek:

10. gimblll

gimblll Well-Known Member

Yuri... :D He's been unofficially called Bob here, but he/it doesn't have an official name, at least yet. :)

And guys, thanks for the stats, that's quite a few hours! I'm glad you liked it that much! And thanks for the cool video Sanuku!

I now have some plans for the first update (1.0.1). I got Everyplay somewhat working, so I'll add that so you can more easily record gameplay and share it online. There's some UI work and such to be done to get it in properly. Then I'll fix a few bugs and add a bit of help etc. small polish. Might also add a few other minor features, but we'll see. Not sure yet how long it'll take, as it's a bit hecting at my real job right now, but shouldn't take too long.

Then after that, I'll do a content update (free). I'm planning on 1-2 month of implementation time. But I'd like some feedback on what you'd like to see.

a) a new set of hard and tricky levels with all the existing parts
    b) one new part and a suite of levels for it
    c) better graphics all around (but only a few small levels)
    d) something even cooler? :)

Those are the options I'm considering at the moment.

11. amdreh

amdreh Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Brazil
    I'm really glad to know that! About the 4 options, I'll put it ordered by my preferences:

1) A new set of hard and tricky levels with all the existing parts - It would be great, would make the interest in the game last longer.

2) One new part and a suite of levels for it - Would be good to bring something new. But itens A and B can be done as one thing, I guess.

3) Something even cooler? :) - I have no idea what it could be.

4) Better graphics all around (but only a few small levels) - I have no problems at all with the graphics the way they are. In fact, I like it. I think soundtrack need more improvement than graphics.

12. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'll say something cool,

New hard levels

One new part

Better graphics

In that order, as there's nothing wrong with the graphics now, also I'm not sure what new parts we can need?
    New levels will always be cool and something cool?! Sounds good. Maybe an endless level :D for distance or height? Something like that.

13. amdreh

amdreh Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Brazil
    I liked the idea!

14. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Bob? What has Bob got to do with it? At least Yuri went to space, admittedly he didn't step on anything in space, less so on a dangerous planet with only his wits to return from it :D

New levels are always welcome of course and as to a new gadget, let me think. Submarine levels where you can change your buoyancy with air tanks? Aliens messing with you by switching off or inverting gravity?

Maybe add a global leader board score encompassing only the regular puzzle levels? Something like Aiko Island with an inverse total time leader board. Or simply an inverse completion time based point system. Could add some replay value to the game.

Graphics are also fine for me. I like it. To have some more commercial success maybe "Yuri" (or Neil, or Buzz? At least they got to step on something!) can make some funny faces. Nothing too exaggerated or - even worse - cute, I agree this is not the game, but just to add some subtle polish ("production value"). You already noticed that some more in-game explanation will be useful.

15. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Cosmic Run :D
    Kidding aside, this sounds cool and with the way the parts wear down, an endless distance level is a real challenge to our engineering skills. Implementation wise it doesn't require a real endless level precisely because of the wearing down. Still, make it a factor 3.14 longer then you expect it to be necessary.

16. amdreh

amdreh Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Brazil
    Would be nice if Yuri make a face like >.< when he hits something hard and like O.O when he falls.

17. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    How about "cosmic rally" or "cosmic endless drive" :confused:

18. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    For historical reasons :D I'd like to share the vehicle that got me my very last stars of C3 and earned me 100% in the game
    (at this point, just a push of the button away :))

19. amdreh

amdreh Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Brazil
    I was thinking... What if Yuri was in a triangle intead of a rectangle? How different things would get?