iPhone Cosmic Mechanic

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by gimblll, Apr 3, 2013.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Of all the games that need the everplay replay system it would be cool here to watch other people creations and solutions. :D

2. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well little bit of a spoiler here or more of a solution really but jeez did I struggle with puzzle 19, finally managed to beat it with my mech suit. :D
    It was a slow task to move each arm/leg so it was walking like a spider and could step over the obstacles but I did it in the end.

Attached Files:

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You're good at this. I might need to bug you for tips at some point ;)

4. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Feel free, there was one level I couldn't do and asked the dev for a hint :eek:

5. gimblll

gimblll Well-Known Member

Oh no, which country are you from?

That's something I'm planning to add in an update. It shouldn't be too difficult to add.

And that's a very cool spider vehicle you have there! :)

6. amdreh

amdreh Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Brazil
    Maybe you should make a free version with some of the stages available, I think would help a lot to promote the game if people could feel how it plays like. Or even better, maybe the free version could have stages different from the ones included on the full version. Something to demonstrate what only the first stages couldn't. I really believe it's a great game.

7. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    One tip I'll give out is that building a robot style creation has got me though a few levels :D its just the learning to use it that's the hard part :eek: trying to control all it's limbs feels like playing QWOP all over again :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

8. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I honestly hadn't even thought about creating something with legs until you mentioned it earlier. I'm not sure any of the levels I'm on really require that degree of depth just yet, but I'm looking forward to giving it a shot.

9. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Jeeeeeeez I'll bet there was an easier way to do S6 because it just took me ages with this contraption :D

Attached Files:

10. amdreh

amdreh Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Brazil
    When I'm using a lot of pieces and want to start my vehicle from the beginning, I have to remove piece by peice. The game needs a reset buttom to clrear all the moves. There is a undo, wold be very nice to have an undo all.

11. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    No IAP? I love this type of game. Bought!

12. gimblll

While yes, there's an "easier" way, your machine is great! :) I tried to design the levels so that there's not just one official way to solve them, but that you can usually find many different solutions that are all as valid.

You can just grab the player box and drag all the pieces out of the area at once to delete them.

No IAP, and there's no plans to add any either.

13. amdreh

amdreh Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Brazil
    Good to know that! Does the game explain that somewhere? Maybe there are other people removing piece by piece also.

14. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I was removing piece by piece as well :p

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Just done level 10 after a bit of trouble losing friction on those pesky crates. I think most people would assume a tank-like design is the way to go. Here's the ingenious creation I used in the end:

http://i.imgur.com/JR7orPX.png

Linked rather than embedded in case anybody considers it a spoiler.

16. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nice, I just managed to finish all the levels :p I had really trouble with puzzle S8 that was a slow tricky one.
    Some of the levels are crazy the first time you look at them and think :confused: how the hell am I supposed to do that.

17. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I just got to the explosives. I was so proud of my little contraption.

http://i.imgur.com/k7o1U8l.png

I'm gonna try legs soon. That should be fun.

18. gimblll

That's a very good point, I don't think there is. I just assumed it was logical. I'll add some help on it in the first update. Thanks!

Congrats! I'm sorry if caused any gray hairs! :)

19. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    There's probably way too much work involved, but I'll hate myself if I don't ask... what are the chances of a level editor? It'd give the game almost endless amounts of replay value if we could set our own challenges for ourselves :)

20. gimblll

Well, you answered it yourself there, but yeah, it's complicated. I have an in-game level editor and I can actually run it on iPad too, but the user interface is really only usable on PC currently. It would be a lot of work to make it even barely usable on iPad. And another big issue would be how to share the levels. I would have to build servers (and pay for hosting too) to get all to really work well.

So all in all, it's certainly possible, but it's a huge amount of work for just one guy. But I'm not saying no just yet. :)