Universal Cosmic Express (by Draknek Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BlackEyedGamer, Mar 16, 2017.

1. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I am way behind some of the earlier purchasers posting in this thread, but as I start solving the trickier puzzles here, I am loving this game more and more!

2. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Finally got Delphinus 14. Figured out the key tricks for this level early on but did not recognize the sum of its effects until I solved the whole level myself. This was the stumbling block for me.

3. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Completed 6 areas now. This game has a number of hallmarks of a great logic puzzler. For one thing, it understands that limiting choice makes things easier, not harder (many games get this wrong). This goes hand in hand with another thing, it presents you with something that looks rather simple, but turns out to be quite nefarious. "Oh, a big open level, this should be easy." Famous last words... It also does a great job of using your instincts against you, because what looks like the obvious solution never is. Simply wonderful.

4. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    I agree. This game is brutal. he he :D It is soo frustratingly good :)

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #45 ROGER-NL, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Well said man, wonder if there will be a better puzzler than this this year, this one is hard to beat.

I got 5 areas beaten that is half of the game, wonder if there will be a train which can carry 3 passengers that would be cool, don't know if the playing field is big enough for that.

6. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    #46 Misguided, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Try Taurus. And for the record, I struggled with that puzzle for an hour or two because I didn't realize there was a third car.

7. I was just thinking about that the other day. In most games (even Snakebird), portals help you narrow down what you need to do, but here they just increase the number of possibilities.

8. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    #48 Misguided, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Snakebird is brutally hard and you need all the help you can get, lol. But I've played games where the levels got easier as you went because the game put so many "obstacles" in the way, there were fewer and fewer "degrees of freedom" for a potential solution.

Ohhh dear. I hadn't tried Perseus yet...

9. Lol exactly. Tracks can go any which way through the portals!

With Snakebird, the portal levels were some of the easier ones for me (except for the star one -- I still haven't completed that one yet lol).

10. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #50 y2kmp3, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    [26-Mar-2017] Only 3 levels in remaining to do: Orion 9, Orion 11, and Nova A3. The last level, Nova 7, is exceptionally difficult given the large map size and so many 4-way tiles to deal with. Like many other levels in this game, once you discover the solution, you are "puzzled" as to why you could have missed it so easily in the first place. The
    monolith
    puzzles are brilliant which I just discovered and had to backtrack to solve them again. Amazed that the developer is able to pull off this trick just like the developer's previous game, A Snowman is Hard to Build.

[24-Mar-2017] The puzzles at Nova (I think this is the last world) are absolutely brutal, even for boards that are relatively small in size. I just can't imagine how the developer managed to create such fiendishly difficult levels.

11. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #51 y2kmp3, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    [28-Mar-2017] For anyone interested, I can now confirm Orion 9 is solvable. Only 1 remaining level (Nova 7) to do to complete the
    monolith secret mission

[27-Mar-2017] Has anyone solved Orion 9? No spoiler wanted (yet). Just want a confirm that the level is not bugged.

12. Honki

Honki Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    None of the levels is bugged.

13. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks, Honki. Did you beat the entire game already? Or just solved this level? I am a bit surprised that this thread is not more popular given how excellent this game is.

14. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Haven't played in several days. I got sidetracked by monster slayers on PC.

15. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    The game is excellent as I said before, I was a bit side tracked by Trilogic, two great puzzlers in one week we are spoiled here us puzzle lovers, we as puzzle lovers are always in the minority, most puzzle threads have less people on them than other games dunno why but it just is.

I am only on Chapter 7 with the portals, sometimes when I start a new level I think wow that's impossible but than you begin to puzzle and it's just genius how it starts to unravel.

16. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #56 y2kmp3, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    This game turns out to be much deeper than I initially anticipated, even when compared to the
    secret world
    in A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build.

Both AppUnwrapper and I have uncovered the
    secret monoliths
    in this game. However, as it turns out, there are different
    waves of monoliths
    that are revealed each time
    Nova 7
    is solved with a different solution (which AppUnwrapper, to my knowledge, has not yet addressed in her guide).

I must admit I am puzzled by why the developer chose to hide so much of the game. I can only imagine the amount of effort made to craft these additional (and extremely difficult) levels.

17. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I finished 7 Chapters now, on to Ursa Major.

y2kmp3 said there are more levels that are not shown in the game very curious what that might be, I was not a big fan of the after world of A Snowman Is Hard To Build, the game was excellent but I didn't like the dark world.

18. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Rogers,

It is not possible to answer your question without spoilers. So here it is:

You need to complete all of the levels that have the monoliths. Once these levels are completed, the Nova 7 level would unlock to reveal a new configuration which you must solve. This then unlocks the next set of levels with the monoliths. You need to repeat this process until the Nova 7 level is completed solved. These extra levels use previous maps but have added constraints that are much more difficult to negotiate. The level of difficulty far exceeds that of the dark world in A Snowman Is Hard To Build.

19. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Thanks y2kmp3, the game is hard enough as it is ha ha, but will see about what happens.

20. richardsteapot

Apr 4, 2017
    This game is great, I like the way it just gets on with it. Sometimes no amount of staring will inspire the solution in my mind, and then I have to go and look for hints.