[BETA tester Please Come Forth] Copper Top - Greed [ 2D Action Platformer]

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by bungle_tez, Oct 1, 2018.

1. bungle_tez

bungle_tez Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2016
    Hello community,

I want to introduce you to my latest project. CopperTop: Greed is a 2D platform game with lots of action. I am hoping for a cute like Mario but tough like <insert any really hard game here>.

If you enjoy jumping on walls, discovering secrets, stomping enemies and collecting gold, Copper Top: Greed may just be your game!

Thanks for reading

T.

2. bungle_tez

Feb 9, 2016
    Hi community,

Hope we are all well.

It's almost time for me to come around with my begging bowl and ask you would be interested testing this bad boy.:D

Testing is likely to commence in 2 weeks time, I am just finishing off the next few map segments.

If you're interested in testing please reply to this thread and as soon as it's ready I'll let you all know.

Here is the world map, the area names are WIP so please don't judge me, yet...;)
    GreedMap.jpg

Just a few screenies:
    Gree Small Clips Woods 2.jpg Greed Small Clips Dungeon 1.jpg Greed Small Clips Dungeon 2.jpg Greed Small Clips Dungeon 3.jpg Greed Small Clips Wioods 1.jpg

Have a greet weekend all.

Attached Files:

Jean pierre likes this.
  3. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    hello, this game looks good . I would like to try it.

4. bungle_tez

Feb 9, 2016
    Hi community,

Apologies form me for not being too active lately, been busy squishing bugs and tweaking levels etc...

If you would like to beta test Copper Top: Greed. Please, please, please let me know.. just post your details in this thread and I will add you to the BETA test list.

The beta build will be available Friday (probably in the afternoon)

5. bungle_tez

Feb 9, 2016
    Hi TA,

Just wanted to let those interested know I haven't forgotten the Android community but alas I have run into a few technical issues which I am trying to solve, as soon as I have a working build I will publish the game for beta testing, if you want in just DM me.:D

Here is a little vid of some of the latest changes in action
    [youtube]

The video is using the new dynamic virtual joystick :D no more need for those pesky virtual buttons, but they are still there as a controller option is you prefer them.

The Android build will include some of the feedback I received from the IOS testing which didn't make it to the latest IOS build but suffice to say the build will include mid-level checkpoints to hopefully make some of the trickier levels a little easier to overcome and hopefully perhaps appeal to an audience which isn't in the category of platforming gods.

Have a great day everyone.

6. bungle_tez

Feb 9, 2016
    Hi TA,

Finally some good news on the Android side... I have a working build:D:D

Those interested in the BETA please DM or reply to this thread as I am intending to upload a build today/tomorrow.

There have been a fair few changes made since my last post some highlights would be:

1. I have eased up on the difficulty over the forest and the dark woods
    2. For those who like speed-running; I've enabled a few "shortcuts"
    3. Player grinding - Once you have died 5 times on a obstacle (except water and slime), you can choose to disable the obstacle (or just click the never option to not be bothered with this dialogue again)
    4. Visual improvements
    5. Achievements are in but not turned on, I am still testing them
    6. Leaderboards are in but not turned on
    7. External controllers are supported, I don't have an external controller for Android but the code it generic so it should just work
    8. Special BETA testing only options such as unlocking all the worlds.

So what's in the game....
    7 worlds,
    100+ levels,
    Stress?

Have a great time all!