*controversy ahead!* Popular games u just didn't like.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Montanx, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Blasphemy! It's all lies and heresy!!!

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Burnout Crash was a total disappointment.

Then I had hopes for Pocket Minions to be my management game of choice and POOF! the controls killed it for me.

And the biggest disappointment was Monster Hunter iOS. Why did it have to be different? I spent over 3000 hours across all other MH titles and this one was just plain off.

3. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Your not alone that game is so damn boring. Never understood how you guys liked it

4. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    The only controversy is you posting a thread almost exactly like mine on the same day. It would be different if you were bumping an old thread already the same but you didn't. And don't give me that "no way man this is totally different" you copied my idea just like everyone is copying tiny tower and temple run.. Just goes to show this kind of stuff happens everyware and not jus in iOS gaming.

Come on noob get your own ideas... Whatever, I don't care that much, you just better be thankful it wasn't one of my better topics.. Sure maybe this was a topic before but it's not like I sifted through 100s of pages finding it.

For the sake of stAying on topic ib2 and Ss S&S blah blah...

(Sorry I'm cranky in the morning)

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    To be fair to the OP, all these sorts of threads are pointless troll-baits. Nothing original about that.

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Temple Run
    Amazing Alex
    Swordigo
    Where is my Perry
    Stardash
    Aralon

7. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Haha sorry. Idk it just didn't click with me. Maybe it was the lack of a GPS or the type of cars from that era (I tried modding but it didn't work well), but it just wasn't fun. Storyline was interesting, but I still enjoyed GTA CW more. :p

8. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #28 violentv, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
    Huh...I thought people were opening threads like these to find out what everyone thinks...are they actually looking to be credited for them x_X ?! I don't normally even pay attention to who the OP is.

9. banger1103

Jun 26, 2011
    Agreed with Burnout Crash. Was excited when it came out but that quickly turnd into disappointment like 10 minutes later. :(

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Your thread failed from the start because you included Gridrunner. No reason for anyone to bother reading after seeing that :p

Also, IB, any and all of em. Overhyped fruit ninja with a fantasy theme, that's all it is, was, or ever shall be.

11. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Mage Gauntlet (yes, I did make it through a few stages in the master mode or whatever it's called)

The more hype a game has, the more I buy based on hype, and buying based on hype on launch day without and reviews increases the chance I won't like it. Swordigo woulda been on my list, but good thing I stopped playing it quickly instead of powering through it and really come to not like it.

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Totally agree, dont get me wrong we all have different tastes (I mean look how many people like Farmville type games ?!?).

Thought Aralon was superb, i was after a 'Ultima' style game when i came to iOS, at first i thought Aralon was dull, i kept with it and was suddenly hooked, huge world, tons of quests. Loved it. Cant wait for Ravensword 2

13. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Among others, from my recently played:

The Amazing Spiderman
    The Dark Knight Rises (and a long line of Gameloft titles except MC3... all hype, less meat)
    Dead Trigger
    Defender Chronicles 2 (was really looking forward to this but there's no added substance from the first) :(

14. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Exactly. I am not troll baiting like the other poster said. Upon reading you can see that I posted controversy warnings an put on my flame shield, both are actions unbecoming of a troll. Stirring up topics from a different angle is refreshing sometimes.

I totally forgot to put some othet games on here I didn't like.

Angry birds- crush the castle by armor is better

Temple run- played 3 min, got bored, deleted

Doodle jump

Fruit ninja

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    No trolls have arisen (yet).

16. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    ^^^ I thought battle heart was really bad, from the bland visuals to the slow and frustrating gameplay...... I will never understand why this game got praised so much by critics, whom I usually agree with btw.

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #37 Vovin, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012

U loosers. All iOS (iOwnShit) gamez sux cuz evry single DS or PSP game iz lotsa betta, 4realz. U r lucky ur momz pay ur iTunez billz.

18. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Eh - u trollinz me nao? Imma of cuz, cuz trollz r dat bad, u blatant fake of a gamer. GTFO or I keel u!!!111!1!1

19. banger1103

Jun 26, 2011
    Lawlzzz

20. articulate

articulate Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Aralon & Ravensword - groundbreaking for a genre does not an enjoyable game make.

Sword & Sorcery - never really found out what the hype was about.

Bumpy Road - cool mechanic and cute story doesn't get you far when you have to get better and better at the mechanic to progress the story.

IB2 - bought it for "wowz0r" graphics and got sorely disappointed when I tried to run it on my iPad 1 and then iPad 3. Because of this and a few other niggles, I'm actually starting to believe the people that advocate that the iPad 2 remains the best iPad.

Wizorb(iPad) - terrible controls. Terrible.

Special mention:
    Dungeon Raid - if only because I can't die now. I simply cannot lose with the set-up I went for and the way it's progressed. I could stop picking up the potions but it wouldn't matter, it'd take at least 100 turns for me to commit suicide and that's just stupid.