iPhone Contradiction (by Tim Follin)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Swiss Guy

Swiss Guy Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2014
    #61 Swiss Guy, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    I have finished it few weeks ago and still got good memories about it. Sadly iOS gaming can be rude for indie devs due to the lack of promotion and visibilty under the tons of weeks release. I hope that Apple will do something for it, the AppStore had not evolved so much for years, maybe with some curating or promotion with media, like "Touch Arcade/TA reader must have game" or "The Guardian/The Atlantic best games for your iStuff".

So, Contradiction is homemade fashioned but well-crafted (when I have played it). All is fluid, no crash, fast UI response, transition and load (all that thing I disliked in 90's cd-rom multimedia game).

It's full of what lacks in many games, charm, originality and personnality. Reminds me a lot of TV show like "Columbo" and Agatha Christies novel, the-outsider-detective-arriving-in-a-strange-rural-community-where-everyone-seems-guilty-of-something, with a modest live capture budget but very efficient as counting on good acting.

And thanks our AppUnwrapper poster for his tutorial that could help you ;)

2. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Just found out about this game but sadly it's ipad only #

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I was bummed too. I bought it a while ago, but I just don't game much on my old iPads so I really haven't played it. Wish it could have had an iPhone version too.

4. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    I just got myself an ipad pro the 12.9 one
    And does this app support ipad pro?
    How is this compared to her story by sam barlow?
    I'm on the fence since this week already spent 25$ on appstore got infuse pro, a hosted game interactive fiction and oxenfree

Anyone using ipad pro to play this?

5. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Whaaaa!

Wow, this game looks VERY unique! It's sad how I'm JUST finding this; thanks to the person bumping this topic! I will make the purchase today! This reminds me a bit of the SEGA CD/32X game "Night Trap", which I own, but never conquered because of that one point where the family always discovers me and unplugs the system despite my quick and accurate trappings. T_T

Anyways, I'll get getting Contradiction today! :D

6. It's more of a straight murder investigation (with plenty of humor thrown in) using video. You talk to people and spot where they contradicted themselves. Leaves less up to the imagination in the end, but real good fun.

7. Tef

Tef Member

Oct 3, 2019
    Male
    Bringing this out of the dead... Contradiction being pulled off the app store? I cant find it anymore :( i want it :(