Universal Contra: Evolution (by PunchBox Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 21, 2013.

1. SrMomo

SrMomo Active Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Seriously people I don't know why you can't play this. I think that you are too lazy to practice, and then contra is not for you. As I said, this is a hard game but you can beat it without continuing. If you want an easy game go and play hee man or angry birds. You can continue as much as you want there...

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #142 Gwarmaxx, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    i agree with you, an awesome Evolution of the original... great port, playing it everyday! (IAPs... what IAPs???)

anyway, don't worry, probably some people in this thread and forum never played hard games cause haven't lived the 80s, unfortunately they used to play only with continues or saves for any level accomplished!!!

3. emjeeman

emjeeman Active Member

Apr 30, 2012
    #143 emjeeman, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
    Don't jump to conclusions. I'm a hardcore fan of the Contra series and have done many expert runs of some of the tougher games (Contra 4, Super Contra arcade, Shattered Soldier to name a few); I have my own fansite for the Contra series... I KNOW WHAT CHALLENGE IS. The smear of moose shit from the thumb of the PR at Punchbox Games that was scanned and uploaded online under the name Contra: Evolution is not a real challenge.

4. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Totally agree. Its hard at begining but when you get a grip gameplay just flows :)

5. emjeeman

emjeeman Active Member

Apr 30, 2012
    No, Konami DID allow it. It is licensed by Konami. If you did your research, you'd realize that Punchbox Studios originally released this game in China, and it was approved there too by Konami of China.

6. khalid nasser

khalid nasser New Member

Jun 8, 2013
    There is a problem .. It is not available in American stores when I want to downloaded .. Why??

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's been pulled. Apparently the game was accidentally released (and was supposed to be specific to the Chinese App Store) and the version that will come out in the future will be...ermmm...different, or something. I think.

Here you go:

"The version that was (briefly) available was the version built for the Chinese app store, but CocoaChina is building a version optimized and translated for Western audiences. They’re still in the development stage of that version, but the plan is to launch it at some point later this year."

8. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I had the chance to grab it and neither there was a sign of 'chinese only' nor a bad english translation.
    Maybe they mean for us 'western audiences' they gonna implement even more and worse in-app purchases then there already are.

Despite that and controls you have/want to get used to, i like this game very much. For the dollar i paid then, imho, defenitely recommended.

9. khalid nasser

khalid nasser New Member

Jun 8, 2013
    There is a problem .. I can not download it in American stores .. What is going on ??

Is there something wrong ??

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Read the posts above yours.

11. SrMomo

SrMomo Active Member

Apr 11, 2013
    #151 SrMomo, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
    So I have just finished this game and that feeling is AWESOME. As I said, this is a hard game, and in my opinion you can't just blame the controls and say that this game sucks because you are bad at it. SPOILER ALERT! if you want to see some screens of the final boss go ahead!

Photo 13-06-13 01 06 38 a.m..jpg

Photo 13-06-13 01 06 57 a.m..jpg

12. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011

i totally agree...there's nothing wrong in this title...yes, you must grind but
    it gives a lot of satisfaction when you finally beat the game...i'm happy to have had the chance to grab a copy...

13. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Why it not exist on itune us store?

14. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    #154 7lilwhitewolf7, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
    Naaw. ?'s embarrassing is me still deciding 2 not pick up thiz gem after i cleaned some more dirt off.
    Oh yeah. Imma tell u once again, when i joined TA i didnt realize tha sacrifices i would hav 2 make jus to hav fun on your precious site. As soon as my pen ended tha lazt mark of my signature the chair suddenly came alive 7 strapped me in. Outta nowhere these two huge robot arms took hold of both my arms 7 ripped em right out tha sockets.over my xcruciating pain 7 screams it sounded like they were mumbling some thing about birthday cake as they disapperd n2 th darkness. If tht wasnt enough thiz gigantic worm with blender blades 4 teeth pokes out both my eyes 7 drills n2 my skull attaching itself to me. Now it controls me. Now if any1 sees me itz true, we r a hideous sight with now morbid speech, before they scream in terror i will proclaim in the voice of
    The Nile Adventure king
    FOOLISH MORTAL!!
    YOU SHALL NEVER LEAVE!!

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    My eyes...they bleed.

16. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    eyes are bleeding
    Folks asking answers
    Great morning so far

17. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I couldn't agree more.
    Say, you think a shattered soilder ort could work here on iOS?

18. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Sslr. Oh yeah that art 7 port is very possible. What do you think about the intro movies on Shattered Soilder 7 Neo?

19. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    So bizarre! I could have sworn it finally came out officially for us Westerners, and I even thought people were saying it was in English.

Now I'm sad :(

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It'll be out on the 27th.