Universal Contra: Evolution (by PunchBox Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Good thing i cant find the app on the PH appstore yet and saw MC's post. :p

2. shieldser99

shieldser99 Active Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Looks like 'Time Slip' on the 'SNES'! I'm sold

3. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    ThnX Metalcasket. ill save my buck 4 their update.

4. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Bought!!
    ...from my side it's no brainer, i loved too much the original to miss this release...I only hope to be not disappointed...:cool:

5. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Looks like an easy pass despite my love for Contra. Thanks for the feedback on the game Metalcasket and everyone for confirming it. Granted it was said early in the thread that the controls were bad... but then there was hope that by time it released world wide it would get tweaked.

Anyway, onto other games.

6. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #106 Bool Zero, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
    I thought it was already decided that controls and consumable IAP push were crap when this release just in the Chinese store and people had added to your feedback about it then! Not to knock these developers or generally Chinese developers, but I wasn't expecting anything to be significantly improved with the worldwide release. As a Contra fan, I pretty much expected this release to be poor with no improvements made for the worldwide release... And that's an admittedly sad expectation really...

Well, I hope some of you find enjoyment with it. As for Apocalypse Max (or was it Max Apocalypse?), I agree, that is a fun alternative!

7. POLYGAMe

POLYGAMe Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Game Developer (iOS, Mega Drive, C64)
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Is your keyboard broken?

8. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Is an english version app or only china!?

9. Squablo

Squablo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Cough............BluTrol...........cough, cough. Seriously, icade controller (or many other supported controllers, like ps3 controller) and BluTrol let's you play with a controller, as Contra should be played. This game has polish, but seriously, how the hell would anyone play a game so dependent on precise controls on a touch screen?

*NOTE TO APPLE*
    It's time. You've waited long enough. Unleash an official game controller!! Seriously......the iPad would be a gaming BEAST with controller support!

10. Well, that's a dollar saved for now

11. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    This looks beautiful! Some will probably miss the retro graphics, but this game is still tough as nails! The controls have a lot to be desired and cause me tons of unnecessary deaths while trying to jump and the diagonals are hard to pull off consistently, which pisses me off greatly. Come on, Konami, fix this!! It's not like you're some indie developer! Handle it, for crying out loud!!

12. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Konami didn't handle the port or the publishing... It was a more indi developer.

13. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Yeah controls blow big time for this. Hopefully they will support the Caliber Advantage controller case. That should make this awesome...

14. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    yes. u wanna donate 2 broken keyboards r uz? mi enlgizh iz whorse. knot a prayr n tha wirld, natta won.

15. SrMomo

SrMomo Active Member

Apr 11, 2013
    I don't know if the fact that I'm a huge contra fan it's blinding my opinion, but seriously I'm really happy with this game right now. As I said I prefer the 2nd pad controller over the default. Also, all contra games are like that, they're not supposed to be easy (like Amax. )

16. Zerol3onheart

Zerol3onheart Active Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Lol. This is awesome.

17. POLYGAMe

POLYGAMe Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Game Developer (iOS, Mega Drive, C64)
    Auckland, New Zealand
    hahaha

18. bckrupps

bckrupps Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    #118 bckrupps, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
    i taught it wuz a guud game meself but zee controlur is terrable. nutin dat cant b fixd wit a update dough. we will sea

19. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I think I'd prefer Super C on iOS.
    That'd be nice, but with shattered soilder's graphis. Or just shattered soilder.

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    What's with the ridiculous posts? It's like people are texting from a phone from the 90s. Embarrassing

Anyway. Bought the game. It's 'okay'. Could do with some tweaks for sure. Glad it's finally hit our stores. Glad it's only a dollar