[CONTEST] Lars! Super Action Danger Lizard

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by deadweight, Jun 21, 2011.

1. deadweight

deadweight Well-Known Member

Version 1.0.7 of Lars! just dropped to the app store and it features new support for the Joypad wireless controller app. So to celebrate I'm giving away promo codes for the first 10 people who download the Lite version of Lars and leave a review. Don't care what you rate it, I'm just looking for feedback.

So once you've played it a bit, PM your review name and what you typed so I can verify... and you'll be playing a free mario clone tonight on your ipad or iphone. You're also welcome to post your feedback in this thread as well.

I'll say it again, don't feel obligated to give Lars Lite a stellar review just to get a code. I want honest feedback so we can make this game better. :cool:

Lars

Icarus Interactive LLC
    Lars: Super Action Danger Lizard! is a full-featured platform game with hand-drawn pixel art, faithful old-school contro…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Lars: Super Action Danger Lizard! is a full-featured platform game with hand-drawn pixel art, faithful old-school controls, classic retro soundtracks, and over 60 huge levels of jumping scrolling action. Each level has plenty of pickups and secrets to explore. "For fans of retro platformers like Super Mario Bros., Lars is a perfect iPad title." Must have Apps of the Week - CultofMac.com "I’ve been playing around with Lars using the Joypad for a couple of days now, and it works just as flawlessly as it does in the video." - TouchArcade.com Meet Lizard Lars: Super Action Man of International Danger Lizard. Follow Agent Lars from the perilous beaches of "Tutorial Bay" through the dense and dangerous "Jungles of Incredible Peril" on your quest to save the world from the clutches of sinister forces. Only Lars can confront the mad organization of doom lurking in the ancient island ruins, learn their terrible and destructive secrets, and ultimately foil whatever evil plan they have scheduled for this week. Will good prevail? It will take all of your skill and cunning as you jump, dodge, and swim your way through over 60 intense levels of platform-shaped danger. Lars Includes: - Fantastic jumping platform action. - A wide range of baddies, including rats, bigger rats, coco-rats, and something we call SnarlyFish. - Original soundtracks and hand-painted backgrounds. - Amazing 8-bit Retro Graphics. That's almost 64 pixels per square inch! - Thrilling story line! - Highscore leader boards for when you're bored with the thrilling story. GAMEPLAY VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PMUMQB19HQ GAMEPLAY NOTES: The level progression for Lars is laid out like Super Mario Bros. Easier up front, much more difficult after the first few worlds. If you find it's too easy initially, don't worry. The later missions are much... much more challenging. Stick with it to the end, you won't regret it. PERFORMANCE GUIDE: Lars performs well on 2nd Generation iPods and Newer, and iPhone 3GS and Newer, as well as the iPad of course. iPhone3G is slower, but playable. First generation iPhone and iPod Touch not supported. If your gameplay seems slow, try switching to FULLSCREEN mode under Options for a speed boost.
    Information
    Seller:Icarus Interactive LLC
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Dec 16, 2010
    Updated:Jul 01, 2011
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (5)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

And here's the link to the Lite version. Good luck!

Lars Lite

Icarus Interactive LLC
    ** Try the Biggest Retro Platformer on the App Store for FREE! Lars: Super Action Danger Lizard! is a full-featured pl…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ** Try the Biggest Retro Platformer on the App Store for FREE! Lars: Super Action Danger Lizard! is a full-featured platform game with hand-drawn pixel artwork, faithful old-school controls,classic retro soundtracks, and plenty of jumping scrolling action. Each level has tons of pickups and secrets to explore. Collect them all for one-ups and more. Meet Lizard Lars: Super Action Man of International Danger Lizard. Follow Agent Lars from the perilous beaches of "Tutorial Bay" through the dense and dangerous "Jungles of Incredible Peril" on your quest to save the world from the clutches of sinister forces. Only Lars can confront the mad organization of doom lurking in the ancient island ruins, learn their terrible and destructive secrets, and ultimately foil whatever evil plan they have scheduled for this week. PERFORMANCE GUIDE: Lars performs well on 2nd Generation iPods and Newer, and iPhone 3GS and Newer, as well as the iPad of course. iPhone3G is slower, but playable. First generation iPhone and iPod Touch not supported. If you're running on an older device, turn the resolution down to FULL SCREEN in the options to get a speed boost.
    Information
    Seller:Icarus Interactive LLC
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:May 11, 2011
    Updated:May 12, 2011
    Version:1.0.6
    Size:12.1 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. serif61

serif61 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2011
    lite version link error why?

3. serif61

Apr 25, 2011
    #3 serif61, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
    donwnloaded and rewiev 5 star
    great game i like this game thank you very much dear devoloper
    itunes username serif61
    turkey app store
    send me one promo code please thx
    my device iphone 4

4. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Just left a short review on the Canadian app store. User is StriveMind.

5. Chaz42

Chaz42 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Michigan!
    Done!

Just reviewed in US app store!

6. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Never expected to play a nice mario clone for the iOS. The game is actually good and easy to play. One problem is, it's hard to play on ipad 2. The directional button is at the bottom left corner. Hope there's an option to adjust the buttons. But definitely this is a good game. My iphone4 is loving it so far. Thanks! Would have been 5 stars..

7. Reviewed under agleung in US iTunes store

-----
    If you like Mario, you will like this. ****

No need to keep you old Gameboy around. This is an excellent
    8 bit retro platformer. Controls are quite manageable on the
    touch screen so children can enjoy this just as adults. After
    Playing through the lite version, you will find yourself wanting
    more.

8. Leslie

Leslie Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2011
    Part time editor/reviewer of iOS
    NYC
    Done!

Love the concept, already addicted!
    1 things though, add more stage property to incrence the gameplay.
    Maybe you can add a story into the game and basic instructions that inform players what the things should be done , though it doesn't take long to figure out. Nicely done! Thanks !

9. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Thanks! Got the code KX6K4THETEK6.

10. deadweight

deadweight Well-Known Member

All codes sent out. Thanks to all who participated!

11. serif61

Apr 25, 2011
    Thank you to