Contest: 7 Second Arcade (Like Wario Ware) WIN: $25 & $50 itunes gift cards!!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by butterbean21, Mar 12, 2010.

1. akame

akame Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    I think it is fair you should decide after all, the prizes are from you. :)

2. butterbean21

butterbean21 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Well, I will make the ultimate decision, but feedback is always appreciated :)

Don't want to put anyone in an awkward position either so I understand if you don't want to give feedback, was hoping other T.A members would chime in so I'll give it until tomorrow am, otherwise I will announce the winners :)

3. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    I honestly think my marketing was best, not just to be egotistic! all iTracki did was post a review and some other people made videos which were alright, but utube links were only posted here, meaning people COULD google it and see a video and click, but just a video link being posted here has the limitations of being shown primarily to people who already HAD the game.

Everyone elses entries:
    Review- some people read reviews, but it's just not practical to read EVERY review posted each day to EVERY site, and iTunes reviews are usually just bs

Video- a 1 min video for every 1billion apps is enough to look throught, not adding the many other pointless utube crap, and no one will sit there and look through EVERY page of videos

My entries:
    Poster and ad in school newspaper- deffinently a powerful resource, and def unique! Some people might just throw it away so it too has limitations, but it'll also catch others' eyes

Word of mouth, product placement through online resources and social online 'hang outs'-I def think this is one of the most important! I def listen to other opinions! If it's your bff playin something, u automatically want it, not to mention peer pressure...

I know others used word of mouth/product placement but I don't have the patients to look through every page and see exactly what we all did

4. Dodger123

Dodger123 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Mixing songs
    Germany
    I can see your poin, but you've forgotten some facts about the other marketing strategys.

After my forums thread/blog entry at jiggmin.com some people wrote me, that they have bought the game and enjoyed it. So, not only people who already know the game, have bought it.

The signature strategy is always good. For example I always read the signature and click on the links, because I am interested at these things. You never know, wether there could be a really interesting thing in it.

For the Youtube-Videos:
    Foozelzs Youtube-Channel is a known game-commercial-channel. He has got 52 followers there. So I think they WANT to be informed about new games.

And my Youtube-videos were not only posted here. I also posted them on my musician profile.

So, please don't say that the videos and other things wouldn't have convinced some people ;-)

5. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

@Dodger, thanks!

6. RevolvingDoor

RevolvingDoor Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Dodger, good overview of the benefits of each advertising strategy. I think that everyone who participated put a lot of time and effort into this! First place is gonna be a tough call... :)

7. Foozelz

I still think akame had lay-outs to use, instead of using something original. Not trying to be mean though.

8. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    I agree, your video was great, but his looked kinda pieced 2gether with some program!

9. akame

akame Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    I did spend some time doing the 3 videos while I am coughing within intervals. Normal people will have given up easily.

Software is just software. Without the person behind with some creativity, the output can be also junk.

10. Foozelz

Your doodle video, I couldn't see some of the words. They were way to small.

11. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    This is a very tough call for me, but the rules stated, I'm going with quantity and quality.

I honestly think Dodger is a shoe in for first place. He did 3 videos, blogged on his website, posted a review, twittered, and also did Facebook

I think the quality of his videos was great, as I think all of yours were, so I'm announcing him as first place

As for 2nd and 3rd, I need to go back and look at each of your videos again and contributions

Tough tough calls! You all did amazing work! :)

12. Foozelz

Congratulations Dodger!

13. Dodger123

Oct 16, 2009
    Mixing songs
    Germany
    Oh, wow... Thank you :)

@Foozelz:
    Hope you'll become second ;-)

14. Foozelz

@Dodger, I agree with butterbean, you seem to do the most work. All I did was create a video and posted about 7SA on twitter and Facebook.

15. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    I'll announce 2nd and 3rd place a bit later k? I need to look at it :)

16. RevolvingDoor

RevolvingDoor Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Congratulations! Well done. :)

17. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    After much deliberation, it was between Akame, and Foozelz, and I think it's going to have to be a tie for 2nd place, so you'll both get $20 dollar gift cards, I'll go ahead and PM you now :) Congratulations and thank you both for your hard work!

As for Rblacula, you'll get a prize too for 3rd place k! I appreciated your marketing and know you made a huge effort, I just couldn't "prove" that it was done like the others, but nonetheless everyone comes out a winner! And Rblacula, I'll PM you for your prize :)

Thanks again guys for participating!

18. Dodger123

Oct 16, 2009
    Mixing songs
    Germany
    Great contest :D No loosers, only winners :)
    Congratulations to all ;)

19. Foozelz

thanks butterbean!

20. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    No, thank YOU!