CONTEST: 5x $15 itunes gift cards - Caveman / Caveman HD (lite versions)

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by mobile1up, Aug 31, 2012.

1. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    #1 mobile1up, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    Mobile 1UP recently updated a classic game you will love!

In case you are not aware, Caveman is a Lemmings (pretty darn close) for iOS devices, it originally started out as a Lemmings implementation which was shutdown due to a cease and desist order from SCEE. A month or so ago, we released lite versions to drive up interest in the game - but the app store has changed so much it has had very little impact. So, we want to have you, the community drive a download push and make the game known - promote the lite version, write an honest review and leave review/country/username here for us to validate. We will pick the top 3 honest reviews (yes, you can leave a 1-star).

Caveman Lite
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/caveman-lite/id546631862?mt=8

Caveman HD Lite
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/caveman-hd-lite/id546631130?mt=8

if you want to go another route - use the @mobile1up twitter reference tag when promoting it to your friends, also write your tweet and twitter user name here.. we will also pick a few twitter fanatics to get retweets and spread the word. the person who promotes the game the most (and gets re-tweets) will have a chance to 2 of the above itunes gift cards will be reserved for twitter marketing efforts. keep it honest and do not spam people - drive promotion, get your friends to retweet and spread the word like crazy.

impress us, and we may even up the gift card value! :)

visit:
    http://www.mobile1up.com/press/

to see some of the more recent reviews of the game - this game just needs a bit of a boost with publicity, a number of people who have found it are shocked that they never found it earlier. thats what we want to fix here! if you find the lite version awesome and cannot believe how you missed this game - consider grabbing the full version while your at it!

RULES
    to qualify, you must post your review/tweet and user reference to this thread so we can easily pick a winner and validate the review/tweet actually happened and is visible for everyone to see. PM's are great - but, let everyone see what you have to say about the game! it'll also help me having to track this via multiple methods :) a nice big thread is awesome.

2. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    #2 EfratBarTal, Aug 31, 2012
    Written a long review as efraty on the Israel store:

Twitted about it here.

3. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    #3 foxmulderino, Aug 31, 2012
    just left a review on US appstore for Caveman lite as Foxmulderino83 (please read my PM ;)).
    Thanks for the contest and for bringing Lemmings to live again!

Here is my review:
    "Do you remember about that fantastic old game called Lemmings?
    Well, this is the best iOS port of Lemmings!
    In Caveman your goal is to bring all those cavemen to the exit and, to do so, you have at your disposal a number of actions (digging, stopping other cavemen, parachute down with an umbrella - !!! - and also exploding !); there is only a problem: these cavemen are not very smart and they continue to die, if not correctly directed.
    Every level is a good challenge, meantime it brings to you a lot of fun and relax. If you get stuck there is also a walkthrough avalaible on the Mobile 1UP website!
    I've seen many port of Lemmings during these years; this one is above them all: it faithfully brings back the original Lemmings game controls, gameplay, the original emotions and sensations!
    So, if you want to spend some good time with a well-done game let's take Caveman...highly recommended!"

4. Reviewed in US store for Caveman hd lite version

Itunes nickname Disgusted Consumer 777

Gave 5 stars

Review says

Great lemmings like game! It is fun to play, with many cavemen that have different traits. If you like lemmings, buy this today!

5. Alright. I am guilty of passing up Caveman series before. Played through the Lite version and left a review in US iTunes under agleung. I was able to submit but iTunes is not saving the review for either Lite versions.
    [​IMG]
    Here is my tweet.
    http://twitter.com/agleung/status/241729251974467584

6. USMCRANGER11

USMCRANGER11 Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Nickname: Joaquin Ran, Country: US App store, Review Title: Well what do you know

Nickname: Joaquin Ran
    Review Title: Well what do you know

Thanks for this opportunity! :)
    Review will be in bold letters below:

My I have tried on different occasions to look for Lemmings, or a game similar to it on the App Store... But have had no luck until recently.
    While trying to go through the Promo code giveaways on TouchArcade.com, a post of you guys trying to promote this game and well I've seen a couple of people reply to the post and I hope they're doing the same as I am by telling other of this very Lemmings-like.

Sorry for the off-beat topic of what a review is, back to the review.
    I love several concepts of this game, from the scenery to the cavemen(Yes!, they make a good combination as they maintain a cavemen-like habitat in the different environments this game offers.
    I gave this game a four because it is a great port, but still has room for improvement.
    Why not add more sounds to the cavemen? or sounds that tie the cavemen to that specific environment (like when they fall towards the different types of surfaces).
    One thing/s you guys could work on is ways to innovate the originality of the game to a greater peak. Maybe playing lemmings and seeing what you wish it offered to the players, and find way to engrave that to the Cavemen game.

All in all, I want to say thanks for giving gamers something that as of now is as close as lemmings as we can currently get... but why stop there, let's make this game greater!

7. mobile1up

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    nice reviews guys - the full version has warp codes which allow you to jump to any level and of course, unlock some easter eggs in the process! :) if you have the full version, try entering the code (2nd sept, 2012 only)

it'll be totally worth it :)

8. @mobile1up What is the difference between Caveman (universal) and Caveman_HD (iPad) on the iPad?

9. I just went through a time machine to like 2 decades ago.:)

10. taz_79

taz_79 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    #10 taz_79, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    Reviewed as sofian_us on US Store Caveman Lite

Just one word: Awesome! My favourite old game: Lemmings appears on iOS … I definitely buy the full version later … I like the graphic style, it match with the Caveman Theme … hope more update and new level in the future!

This is my tweet
    https://twitter.com/sof_gun/status/242463929975046145

11. mobile1up

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    Caveman (universal) is the normal version (low res)
    on an iPad, instead of having to press the 2x button to make it go full screen, we do the scaling automatically within the program.

Caveman HD (iPad) has high resolution graphics, you can clearly see the difference.

with so many assets (art) in the game, we had to split them into two variants due to the eventual size of the game itself. Caveman is approx 80Mb, Caveman HD is approx 140Mb - it is all artwork! a level in HD is 2560x512 pixels, there is a foreground and a background and in the trainer levels, an overlay for tips.

hope this clears it up! :)

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Review:

Caveman is a fun puzzle game. It’s very similar to many other games in the App Store. I wish this game had a game tutorial. The worded tutorial is very detailed, but it got quite confusing once I was actually playing the game. But after I got a hang of it, it was quite fun to play. It is also quite hard to find the pause, fast forward, slow down button even after I read it in the tutorial. Also a normal zoom in and out function would make the game easier to play. The game is not bad at all. However, there are some changes and improvements that could be added to the game that could attract more buyers.

----------

Reviewed as Backtothis on the US AppStore. Thanks for the contest.

13. mobile1up

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    with version 1.2.0 - i added some "helper" overlays to the first seven levels. "dig here", "mine here" to compliment the worded tutorial. but ideas on how to make it better would be welcomed. every version gets better :)

.... thinking about "Ugh, More Caveman" :)

14. mobile1up

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    mobile1up will soon announce the winners - please take the chance to participate! :)

15. danielfan

danielfan Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Reviewed as danielfanu on the US store

16. kogaa555

kogaa555 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    #16 kogaa555, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  17. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Reviewed as Heliotropist in the US store.
    Tweeted as @PhoenixOne4

18. armoko

armoko Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    reviewed as Arutyun Mokoyan in the US AppStore
    Tweeted as @Arutune
    https://twitter.com/Arutune/status/243304744515424258

19. Rokrdude

Rokrdude Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    Reviewed as Rokrdude2 on U.S. appstore

Tweeted as @Rokrdude2