Universal Connectrode (by Deep Plaid Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by syntheticvoid, Jul 2, 2011.

1. DeepPlaid

DeepPlaid Member

Nov 5, 2010
    #61 DeepPlaid, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    This is now in! Grab the new update, version 2.1.3, which was just released a couple of days ago.

People have been finding Push Mode less challenging than I expected (someone on Twitter seems to be approaching a 1-million score)! I think this is because I had believed that Push Mode was too hard, and not long before release, I cranked up the chances for "omni-connectors" (wild card pieces) to appear.

I checked in on this thread last night and decided you had a good point. I made it so that the chance of getting an omni-connector will reduce as you continue playing the mode; by the time you reach your 300th turn, it will be reduced to 0. This was one line of code but hopefully it will make a significant difference towards helping the mode be much more challenging. You should see version 2.2.0 released within a couple of weeks (if only Apple didn't take so long).

I'm not sure whether I'll be able to clear the leaderboards for Push Mode when this change goes through; we'll have to see.

My focus these days is on a new project, but I'm thrilled that people are still playing Connectrode! The main purpose of Push Mode was for something that was a bit more challenging; hopefully this will make it more true to that.

2. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I don't depend on the omni-connectors that much. They help with setting up 500-point bonuses, but I suspect I could still play forever, if I'm careful, with zero omni-connectors. (Playing safe does mean not setting up a lot of chains, so it takes a long time to score many points.) My advice would be to gradually increase the push rate, i.e., push slightly more blocks at each time step (you could have a fractional number so sometimes there's more and sometimes less). That way you can keep increasing the difficulty without bound until eventually it gets too hard for anyone.

3. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Ummmm.... Where do I find this game? App Store is saying no more ?