Concert Vault!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by NotYou, Nov 7, 2008.

1. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #1 NotYou, Nov 7, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
    Holy crap, this is great! I've only been messing with it for a little bit, but it might be up there with Pandora.

It's just a bunch of recorded concerts. You can even pick what songs from the concerts you want to hear. It just came out, so I don't know much more about it, but it's FREE and so far it's frickin awesome.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294355484&mt=8

I'm blasting an old The Who concert from 1973 right now and it sounds amazing.

There's no search in the app yet, but hopefully that will change.

2. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Concert Vault > Pandora

AMAZING!!!!!!

3. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    It turns out there's a bit of a compromise right now, but it's nothing that can't easily be fixed in an update.

If you want to search for artists and concerts, you have to do it from their website. It's a bit annoying, but the concerts are full length, so i isn't like you'll be flipping around a lot. If you go to the favorites section in the app, it offers to send you to their concert website from the iPhone.

Again, it's probably easily fixable. This is definitely up there with Pandora. They don't have The Black Keys right now, but I can forgive them.

4. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    thanks for the heads up guys. downloading now.
    internet radio is easily one of the most useful apps on the iphone.
    it allows me to procrastinate replacing the broken cd player in my truck...
    ;)

5. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Wow!

I was a DJ all through the 80's and this is almost a dream come true to me! Almost... because some of my fav bands are missing (No Oingo Boingo?!). But I've got to say that I am loving going through the site.

I haven't figured out how to make my own playlists yet... so if you know let me know. Other than that I'll be jamming away while I get the hang of it...

Thanks for the big heads up!

6. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    That's the bad part. You have to do it from the website. It's easy to add and delete things, though. You can add as much as you want since it's streaming the music.

Hopefully they'll fix it in an update. I'm loving it so far. I'm actually listening to it right now (Jimi Hendrix FTW).

7. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Yeah... got it figured out and made a little playlist from some of my fav New Wave Hits... Fun stuff...

8. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    not so much modern stuff, but it's great for classic rock junkies like myself.

9. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I really love wolfgang's vault. This will definitely be well used application.

10. Oma

Oma Well-Known Member

I cant find a search button?

11. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    ^ It says there will be search added in the 1.1 update. Meanwhile you can use their site.

12. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Concert Vault just updated

-Search
    -synced volume control with the device

I haven't tried it out yet