I have 2 situations. 1. I have a 3g iPhone and would like to upgrade to the 3.0 software but I'm traveling for work for 3 months and only have my powerbook with me which is not my primary iphone synced computer (although authorized). 2. I'd like to buy the new 3Gs but for the reasons above I fear that I may run into trouble because I could sync the new iPhone to my "traveling" powerbook but when I get home I'll want to sync it to my desktop mac. So ..... is there a way around this without a lot of hacking? Because I really want the new 3Gs .... should I just wait until mid Sept. when I return home to buy it? I sooooo value the advise I get here vs. anywhere else.