Compatibility grid in reviews?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by sam the lion, Sep 29, 2010.

1. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    I was thinking about a feature that could be useful in TouchArcade frontpage reviews.
    Since there are so many iDevices out there belonging to different generations, I think it would be nice to have some feedback about how the game is likely to perform on our own device. It might be just a small grid with some predefined symbols (works perfectly, works mostly fine, lags a lot, doesn't work at all...) It's an information that can be sometimes found in the games forum threads or in the app description itself, but very often it's not that easy. So it would be useful to have such a quick reference for at least the games that our reviewers consider the cream of the crop. I'm aware that it might require more work on the reviewer side as the game should be installed on multiple devices, and there could be different factors influencing the game performance (such as the iOS version), but the indication shouldn't necessarily be 100% accurate.

I thought about this after buying texting of the bread for my iPhone 3G. The game has some graphic options and cleverly set itself to the minimum when I first started it. However, it still unpleasantly lags from time to time.

2. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Aren't reviews typically done by one person though? They can't all have every device.