Universal Company of Heroes (by Feral Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 12, 2020.

1. justelvis81

justelvis81 Active Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I have sent them a crash report and i have tried to reach out to them on twitter and just waiting for a reply now. Have plenty of space so it can’t be that. Would like to know if anyone else have this problem...

bx59 likes this.
  2. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Took the plunge and can confirm, YES, you can pause with the button in the upper left, issue orders at your leisure, then unpause and have the orders executed. In this way it can be played like a wego game with “turns” of any length.

Jstorm, Talbs and ste86uk like this.
  3. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    It’s amazing how well this works on iPhone. Feral is on such a streak. God how I wish Paradox would have Feral port EUIV or CK2 or even (especially) Victoria 2. Maybe do like they did with Tropico and just make a mobile port of one of them renamed without a number.

pathogen541, JasonLL and Jstorm like this.
  4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Damn iPhone now too? Never played this before is it similar to C&C games or is it all attacking rather than base building?

Does anything carry over like promoting units or any RPG elements or just a straight up RTS attacking game?

5. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Thanks for confirming that. For me this makes the game way more approachable on a phone so that’s good to know.

6. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Definitely would be nice and Feral would be the best for the job since Paradox on mobile so far has been a bit underwhelming :( (with Prison Architect being the lone exception). I just think Paradox believes there’s not enough financial return to warrant bringing their big premiums over which is why we have game of war/NOT fleet command “Stellaris” as their big mobile offering at the moment and they might be right, the risk may not be worth the reward.

What Paradox wants to charge for Europa Universalis IV or Crusader Kings 2 (my belief is price parity with the PC counterpart) and what they would “need” to charge on the AppStore may be very far apart... and while CS2, Stellaris, and EUIV are highly regarded amongst strategy fans as some of the best but they don’t have the household name value of a game like Civilization and even then people were endlessly complaining that Aspyr were charging way too much for that game on the iOS platform.

With all that said I do believe we will see big brother Paradox on the AppStore one day and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if it’s unannounced or announced shortly before release and the first game out of the gates is Europa Universals IV or even Crusader Kings 2 (with the popularity of part 3 at the moment they might take a chance at a really good port).

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Tried the tutorials. Did the basic ones but the links for the others don’t seem to exist. Eg about base building

keep playing skirmish. Easy mode but can’t seem to ever be able to make tanks. Lots of soldiers but keep getting whooped the second German ranks come along. Any tips ?

8. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Tips? I think you should play the single player first.
    The story is ok, and the single player teaches you the basics like the tech tree and 3 division types for US, as well as the use of unit skills like mines, fire up, etc.

psj3809 likes this.
  9. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    @justelvis81 did you heard anything back from Feral yet? :/

10. justelvis81

justelvis81 Active Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Yes they were really helpful. They suggested a few things like make restrictions isn’t on in the settings and network connection etc Is all ok. What worked for me was turn the my phone off and then on again. When it came back on I got a lot of notifications asking if I’m sure I want to download the extra content (as you would get when purchasing in app purchases)as it never asked me 1st time around.hope it helps

bx59 and Alex DeLargest like this.
  11. Signs2010

Signs2010 Member

Dec 23, 2010
    So how is the game on the iPhone ? Does the interface/control works well ?

does the game has also tanks like the original ? :)

12. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Thanks a ton! I've re-installed the game, restarted my phone, restored IAP's and worked like a charm!

justelvis81 likes this.
  13. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    Unable to play tutorials on my iPad pro 9.7 since upgraded to iOS 14.0.1. Passed off what with this and Darkest Dungeons. Contacted Feral, waiting to hear from them.

14. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    #74 Bloodangel, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    I too would like to know about the rpg elements and been able to promote units etc..

15. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    was it fixed?

16. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    FWIW, I’m on the latest iOS, 14.5.1, iPad 7th Gen, and have no issues with any tutorials or missions, including the Opposing Front content.

I just read about the pause feature, and I have to check that because it will be a game changer. As it stands it’s very difficult (for me, anyway) to control all over the map and get everything set up while trying to manage the little quirks of the touch controls.

pathogen541 likes this.
  17. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    So it's not worth it on Iphone?

18. V Kuolema

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    I wouldn’t go so far as to say that. I will say for me personally, playing on an iPhone 11 Pro, it’s just not enjoyable. But that’s just me

PraetorianX likes this.
  19. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    It’s much more playable on iPhone than Northgard. I enjoy this on my iPhone 11. Got a refund for Northgard.

PraetorianX likes this.
  20. V Kuolema

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    In case anyone loves this game as much as me:

I contacted Feral about two issues in the Opposing Front Brit campaign:
    The Casualty station not being able to use medic kit when in command wheel mode and the inability to get the Special Air Service medal on Carpiquet: The Airfield.

They were able to reproduce both issues and a fix will be implemented in a patch they hope to release before the end of the month.

Feral once again shows they’re one of the best developers in my eyes.

Makara Nou and PraetorianX like this.