iPhone Companions - Dungeon-Crawler/RPG by smuttlewerk interactive

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by smuttlegiaco, May 26, 2011.

1. smuttlegiaco

smuttlegiaco Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    ah, all achievements are available on challenging. the toughest one to get is to play through the whole game without dying once on challenging and with the short tactical pause. nobody got it, not even me (damn the master assassin!:D)

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

I think it's just normal then because no way I would try and do challenging LOL

3. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    we added two days to the sale. it ends on saturday now. :)

4. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    hmmmm

So I played it a little more last night, I found the keeper but those bat things kept coming wave after wave so ehhhhhh Also there was no health potions to buy :( At least I did figure out you can sell your stuff any time you want at the bottom of the screen in your inventory. So I am making progress at least !!!

5. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    better kill those little buggers before going shopping :) as to the healing potions: the shopkeeper has random wares: one kind of potion is always there, but which type, that depends. but be assured, you'll find enough healing potions on this and the following map.

6. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    howdy friends!

here's the link to the forum thread for our upcoming game TIME OF HEROES.

The story takes place 400 years before Companions. The northern people were still human in that time, not minotaurs.

the game itself is a turn based strategy game, if you ever played "warsong" or "langrisser" you know how the game will work. If not, you'll surely find out. :)

ah ja, it will be universal. :cool:

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Idea

Smut if you would make a 1 person at a time game just like companions it would rock, but still have all those classes just your by yourself. Maybe no tactical pause and you just go head on with whatever class you pick at the beginning. Now that I would love! ;) Kind of like Dungeon Hunter 2 but with your classes and atmoshphere, that would be sweet.

8. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    :D you said that before. yeah I guess, it could be cool. but first our 4 player endless crawler.

once this baby is done, we'll probably do what you propose with support for the smaller devices.

we have so much work on our hand with Time of Heroes and the "random endless crawler" that I cannot tell when this will be done. we need more people or more time or more money...or best of all, all three of the above. :)

9. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    lol

Fair enough :cool:

10. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    random endless crawler? my type of game! can't wait for both new games to come out! you guys are great!! :)

11. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Please do not do anything to distract the Smuttleworkers from the random endless crawler such as making gameplay suggestions or waving shiny objects around.

:)

I cannot wait for that.

Oh, Time of Heroes looks great.

12. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    you heard the man! now let us work, you evil gamers, you! :D

13. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    My finger is already poised over where I think the in-app-purchase button for this feature will be, so please hurry; I'm starting to cramp.

14. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    Nice :cool:

I suppose this upcoming game will feature s eamless iCloud based game saves sync between iPhone and iPad? ;)

15. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    yes sir, of course. :)

:D

16. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    bought :D

17. kensloth

kensloth Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Just bought this game, and wanted to say that I really like it. I haven't gotten far enough into it to go into detail, but so far it seems really well done. Will have to keep an eye out for future releases from this developer.

18. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    @kensloth: check out this thread for our upcoming title.

if you have any questions regarding Companions, either post here or contact us directly.

have fun!

19. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    Hey friends!

What are you waiting for? Companions is on sale until Monday, the 1st of November!

Don't know what the game is about? Here are a few reviews:

Toucharcade:

"It's pretty rare to see an iOS strategy game that not only has a captivating story, sound gameplay mechanics, and challenging difficulty, but also manages to accomplish all this while not being a tower defense derivative. Companions manages to achieve all this and more, and leads to a great experience for those iPad owners looking to try out a real strategy game."

TouchMyApps:

"Companions offers a unique blend of several popular concepts perfectly presented on the big screen of an iPad. While some may long for the calmness of turn-based tactical strategy/RPGs, most will find the more action oriented approach of Companions a refreshing step away from the dogmas of the genre. And regardless of your stance I advise you not to judge in advance and try out the game for yourself. You won’t be disappointed."

Maclife:

"This is an immersive role-playing game that will keep you busy for hours, if not days. If you’re into casual gameplay, look elsewhere; but if you like depth to your adventures, you may love Companions."

Gamer's Temple:

"Last November, Infinity Blade convinced me that true gaming on the iPad was a very real possibility. Until Companions, Epic's fighter remained the best of the best; the absolute epitome of what could be done on the system. The God-King days are numbered, even finished. Companions drags together the best of bigger console titles (story, character, length) and the best of the handheld world (touch-screen controls, single iPad multiplayer) into one cohesive, extremely fun game. No joke: If you don't like the game after level 1 or 2, you probably just hate fun games. Download this one soon."

Still not convinced? Well, think of all those lonely Pestzombies waiting for you? You don't want to make them unhappy, do you?

Happy Halloween!

20. hematic

hematic New Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Hey Smuttle, i actually registered on this site finally to tell you that your game is making a difference in at least one person's life. im deployed in afghanistan and was able to get a hold of your game on my ipad 2 and im loving it. It really helps pass the time out here.

Just wanted to say thanks!