Community Edit Post Option (like Wikipedia)

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by undeadcow, Jan 11, 2012.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #1 undeadcow, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
    Although perhaps not plausible it would be cool if there was an option to allow for a post/thread to be edited by the community a large, like Wikipedia. Some examples of where this would be helpful are the new release listing thread (which consists on community posts about releases then relies on one to hooefully edit the original post) or a genre listing thread categorizing all, for example, RPGs. I compiled a RPG listing thread and would. It mind community editing. In these cases if the original poster disappears the threads are in limbo unless community editing is allowed. Consider it.

Edit: it's not that members are doing a poor job of maintaining posts, it's just the potential for such; plus this would enhance "community" spirit.

2. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    I've thought about something like this before, too. I would like to see a post in which you can add who can edit it, so maybe 2 or 3 people could work together to complete a list. If everyone was able to edit, it'd just turn into a mess with a lot of trolling.