[ComingSoon] "Running from The Dead" Match-3 Survival Puzzle RPG by DPrompt

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by songkranw, Apr 5, 2013.

1. songkranw

songkranw Well-Known Member

#1 songkranw, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    [​IMG]

Running from The Dead is a First Match-3 Zombie Survival RPG with a lot of refreshing feature.

If you like DungeonRaid or love a zombie survival game. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I'm spent nearly 2 years making this game from scratch by myself.

I'm just a gamer with no programming experience so it took me very long to learn the basic.

Finally the first version is done and now submitting to Apple for review.
    It's should be available within this month.

I've made this game out of love and passion.

it was really fun making and playing the game I make and I hope that your guy will like it too.

Here I want to share some of my story with you guys.
    I've been joining TouchArcade for over 3 years.
    It's just like a journeys with both good and bad but overall is heartwarming.

I'm start joining here hope to promote the game my old company made.

You'll know that if you're working for someone you have to do the thing whether you like it or not.

"I want to make a fun game not like this" It's what I thinking during that time.

I don't have money to hire someone to do the game I want and I'm not a good game designer that can make a nice game document.

I'm just a gamer who want to make a game I enjoy playing.

So it take a lot support from my families that help me going this far.

This is the fruits of my hardworking during past 3 years and I think I'll continue to work on this game make it better and better for the time to come even the sale are not going well(But I hope it make enough for keep me living).

I'm not sure about the current app store market.

I'm fear that I'll not make enough to keep this up but I'll try my best.

Thank you for anybody who reading this. Your guy are really are the reason I can keep on doing.

What I can guarantee your guy is

1. This game will never and ever had IAP. You buy it and you get everything!

2. I'll update the game to make it better and better.

3. You get the feel of old time. The time while playing on your iPod/iPhone are fun and feel good. It's a game made by somebody for the people of the same likeness.

4. The price at the week of release will be lowest .99$. I love the old time while we waiting for the game to be released and quickly grab it before price go up and I want to give this feeling to everyone.

5. I'm not a great programmer. I'm a gamer that want to share the fun I made with others.

Gameplay video

Title screen
    [​IMG]

You can change you character background,classes,personality and starting skill here. I hope to add a lot of choice over time. Currently I have a lot of idea at hand but it must need some rebalance so the first version will introduce the some basic and some advance just to test what player think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note: If anyone want your name inside the random name pool post your name in the comment below. Please use a nice word no swear.

Here a gameplay screen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Level up screen you can select 2 bonus for each level.
    [​IMG]

Each time you reach the safe place it can be either a simple empty safe house, a survivor camp or a merchant caravan. You will get a choice to choose some will cost money some will free.

[​IMG]

And finally this is the screenshot I've submit to iTunes hope it will give buyer what they can expect from my game

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lastly please help support my game I'm really need it. It may seem like I'm begging for your money but it's really mean so much for me to have enough to continue being an indie developer.

If you think this game is enough for you please consider buy it or if you don't want to buy it yet but think it's ok. Please spread the word but if you think this game is should just bury in to the void please take my smile :) and reconsider.

Pretty please :) (here another smile just incase it help)

Thank!

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Wow! This looks amazing!
    That's inspirational, hopefully Running From the Dead pays off for you.
    Hopefully the game is fun and feels complete from the start.
    PM sent.

3. songkranw

Thank you for interesting! I've receive your PM now. Sending invite over TestFlight.

4. XvEsunavX

XvEsunavX Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    This is really great. I'm excited to see this project grow and hope I can help you along the way.

5. songkranw

Thank Esuna! You're an awesome player!

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This looks solid. A few engrish, but we're still in beta.

PM Sent.

7. songkranw

Please help my english if you can. I'm not a native english.

I've updated a profile so you can install game now.

8. TrexlerRanger

TrexlerRanger Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Gameplays well, I like the concept a lot.

The energy bar doesn't seem to be depleting, I was curious what that is used for.

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #9 undeadcow, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
    Running From the Dead has glimpses of brilliance here. Initially I was curious but unsure because of the overly familiar gameplay and overplayed zombie theme. However, there are actually a lot of unique mechanics here. The Running character adds a lot of depth to the game (instead of just trying to maintain health/armor you also acquire tiles to spring towards buildings). Also the customization and character specialization here appears wonderfully detailed (see screenshot 2 or 5 for examples; see all the stats at the top/bottom of the play match-3 screen... great!). People will want to keep an eye on Running From the Dead.

10. songkranw

The game is done but not finish. I think I'll submit the game within 2-3 days. So maybe it'll be available within this month. Thank you everyone for supporting me.

I'm still looking for a beta test though. Anyone can suggest where should I find?

11. songkranw

Game is submitting to Apple for review!

I've add the gameplay video if anyone interesting.

I'll post a new thread once the game is release.

Maybe with some promo code too :)