Universal [Coming Soon] RogueJack--a Roguelike Blackjack Adventure

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ponywolf, Jan 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meapps

meapps Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Male
    Make the game premium please.

2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    If the full game stays the same as the beta, then that is how it will be marketed.
    One payment removes ads.

3. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Indeed this seems to be the idea. Also, the problem nowadays is that premium games are not welcomed by everyone...
    Some people just refuse to pay for a mobile game (because most of casual games they have or see are free so they assume all of them should work that way). Also, not everyone is ready to buy a game without testing it first.
    I think that a free download with IAP add disabling is the best way to deal with all the above. The game is considered premium if you are annoyed by adds, but you can still enjoy it freely if you chose too.
    And adds still generate quite some revenue so it's a win-win situation for everyone imo.

stubbieoz likes this.
  4. ponywolf

ponywolf Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2018
    Yes. The plan is one restorable-IAP for the full game.

AltsKev and stubbieoz like this.
  5. ponywolf

Dec 4, 2018
    New versions to TestFlight and GooglePlay later today. Game is feeling really solid... Already branching for our first content update as well.

6. meapps

meapps Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Male
    I am glad. I think overall you should reward players more if they take risks with the BJ battling system. Give the player still the option to take a card even if it would be a disadvantage. And reward them if it works out.

ponywolf likes this.
  7. ponywolf

Dec 4, 2018
    Interesting idea. I've seen BlackJack games that bonus on how many cards you take. It would be a cool weapon that could do +1 for every card you took over 2.

Adding weapon types and monsters is pretty simple to test features like this.

8. ponywolf

Dec 4, 2018
    Updates in this version BTW....

End game "outtro" at 52 floors
    Various fixes
    Visibility errors
    Fixed dialog
    Some floor numbering issues fixes
    Iris fix on airplane mode, maybe?
    Atk/Def fix on help
    onCancel fix for UI​

9. meapps

meapps Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Male
    Played a lot now found a bug I won but got stuck cant move. Broke the game! Sometimes it feels also that the enemy doesn't take a card or if you have 16 and stand and the enemy has 12 and gets 16 you get a Tie then that's not right I think. In some playthroughs, the randoms of the battle feel unsatisfying.

My suggestion would be to make it more accessible for players that don't know roguelikes. I show my wife the first time the battle system and she didn't know what to do.

10. ponywolf

Dec 4, 2018
    The full thread for the launch is out.

I just wanted to close this out by saying thanks to everyone that play-tested and gave feedback. It's a way better game today because of your generosity!