Universal [Coming Soon] RogueJack--a Roguelike Blackjack Adventure

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ponywolf, Jan 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    No option to send a screenshot back through TestFlight beta feedback, but I was killed by a bat and when the game restarted I had two cards to choose from instead of arrows. Since I’m not in combat, I can’t choose a card, but since I can’t move, I can’t actually do anything.

Also since the IAP doesn’t work, you can glitch the game out and play for a long time by choosing to purchase the game to continue repeatedly. It can result in negative health and all sorts of weird things. Perhaps you should just remove the option until it works. This is not related to the bug I listed above.

2. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    It's strange that you don't have the option to send screenshots. I do and I have already used that several times. Is it due to the version of you iOS or TestFlight?

And yeah, it happened to me too, to reach the -1HP but I though it was because I tried to buy the game without an internet connection. However, since the game does not autosave your progress, when you close the app and open it again, you are back to the starting point with 3HP and without equipment, just as if you died.

3. Ringerill

Dec 13, 2012
    I don't know if this is just due to my lack of luck but these Spiders are really really good at throwing 20s and 21s. They are killing me much more than they should and are actually the monsters that I am more afraid of.

4. Ringerill

Dec 13, 2012
    I have an important question. How is the deck of cards decided in this game? I though at first that you and the enemy play from the same deck, just like this game is meant to be played. But then I realised that both the enemy and I drew the same card. And now, I have just drawn 2 Aces of Spades and 2 Aces of Clubs, meaning that even my card of deck is not standard. Shouldn't the cards already drawn be excluded from the pool of possible cards? If not, this creates a totally random game without much thinking.

About the unlimited life bug, I would personally prefer for it to be kept for the beta (but resolved nonetheless). I wouldn't have enough time to play the game as it should be but I would like to test the whole thing to see if there are some balance problems or bugs later on.

IMG_5727.png

5. ponywolf

ponywolf Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2018
    I fixed some "unresponsive" errors today, but our build server is down, so they won't make it on the server until tomorrow. I'm hoping that fixes your issue with the cards showing up after a death. BTW, what iOS verision are you on? There could be issues with iOS 9, so we may have to drop it.

The IAP should work in TestFlight, but it won't charge you. It's horrible debugging that stuff on iOS because the live version and testflight can have some different behavior.

Can't thank everybody enough for the feedback!

6. ponywolf

Dec 4, 2018
    I thought I had hit all these issues with death and no connection earlier, but I will definitely look into it again. Even when the game comes out, I want to be light-handed with the commercials and just hope that people support the game at $2.

vectorarchitekt likes this.
  7. ponywolf

Dec 4, 2018
    That's crazy you got that series. The RNG I use to pick the cards can emulate any number of decks, and it's shuffled for each turn. I'll have to look it up, but I think I defaulted it to 4 decks of cards, but that's a great idea to have "single deck" enemies, or have some sort of shuffle notification if people want to count cards.

8. ponywolf

Dec 4, 2018
    I'll have to fix this, but I'll leave some sort of cheat in until launch.

Again, love the feedback/testing. Very appreciated.

Ringerill likes this.
  9. Ringerill

Dec 13, 2012
    Cool, the cheat is very much needed because I have spotted some bugs when reaching level 5 and 6, just look at my spam from the TestFlight app :)
    I was lucky to level up like that and it would have been quite complicated otherwise (still used the revive once). However, it is difficult to separate the bugs comings from the game or those that might come from this error occurring when trying to buy the game and failing but still reviving.

10. ponywolf

Dec 4, 2018
    So I found that bug this morning, it's probably the source of some other issues since it was throwing an exception, but who knows. I'll check out the testflight feedback today as well... New test version shortly I hope...

I also added little tabs to the swap screen to quickly compare what you are picking up with what you have...

[​IMG]

11. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #31 stubbieoz, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    Not a fan of the game not saving your progress..... nope not at all. :(

Apart from that it’s a very nice game.

12. ponywolf

Dec 4, 2018
    I get it. The idea is that XP is really all that matters for leveling and 90% is left on the last floor when you die. You can crawl there, or teleport there and continue on. It's just a consequence for dying. I may look at saving your progress on suspending though... or at least take you back to the level you were on.

Thanks for the feedback.

13. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #33 stubbieoz, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    Yep, saving on suspending would be lovely if possible. Would have no hesitation with purchase if that was included. Thanks for considering.

edit: Awww what the heck, I’ll buy it anyways when released.

14. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I got to admit that at the first few plays I was getting totally frustrated with dying all the time. The odds seem to be way stacked against you with the enemies getting 21 so many times or you tend to bust so often. Once you get some wins and you get the ability to see your unplayed cards the game does become more playable.

If I was a more casual player and that was happening I probably would just give up and not buy it.

Maybe lower the chance of enemies getting 21 so much in the early levels or something. Or maybe it’s just me.

15. ponywolf

Dec 4, 2018
    #35 ponywolf, Jan 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Okay. I released v1.0.2 to both TestFlight and Google Play. Should fix a number of things. Those of you bummed out by the unlimited life bug, you can just shake the device to cure all effects and add a HP up to your maximum HP.

I obviously won’t stay in forever, but I agree that we’re still tracking down a few bugs. We have 200+ people in the beta so I’m sure it will be quick work.

UPDATE: It’s still in TestFlight review as of Saturday morning. Hopefully it clears pretty soon. Google play version is up and seems to be working well

16. ponywolf

Dec 4, 2018
    That’s good feedback. I could make early level monsters re-draw if they get say 18 or more? For just a few levels while players are learning wouldn’t be too bad.

stubbieoz likes this.
  17. ponywolf

Dec 4, 2018
    Forgot to push the button on Android. So all those fixes and more are now published... Version 1.0.2 #48 should be the latest and will be available on Google when it propagates through the servers and the same version is in TestFlight review.

Feeling solid now...

18. ponywolf

Dec 4, 2018
    Ok, the last of the reported bug fixes are in... Android 1.0.2 #52 or iOS 1.0.2 (2020.1.151000)

19. meapps

meapps Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Male
    I like the game overall. The fighting system needs improvements. Like visual effects, buttons or indicators. If i want to stand i need to click on the side. I think that not right so far. Add splitting, double could be added. Its too easy to get to the next floor. Add goals for each floor.
    Powerups could be add to switch the cards between the player and the enemy.

20. ponywolf

Dec 4, 2018
    Thanks for the feedback. Awesome ideas, I'll add them to the roadmap.

meapps likes this.