iPad Coming Soon: Blackbeard's Assault

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Warhorse Games, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Warhorse Games

Warhorse Games Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Software Engineer
    Ladera Ranch, CA
    #1 Warhorse Games, Oct 28, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
    UPDATE 11/4: Now available in the app store for only $2.99!

Hi, I wanted to share a preview of my new game, Blackbeard's Assault.

It's a marble popper game similar to puzzloop but with faster game play and more variety. I've put together a video preview here:

Vimeo (higher quality): http://www.vimeo.com/1997920
    or
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnCqWZB1VzM

Some features:
    • 3 Difficulty Modes
    • 20 Unique Levels
    • Auto Save + Resume

Reviews:

Jim

Attached Files:

2. moopf

moopf Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    That looks really polished, great production values.

3. mek

mek Well-Known Member

looks good

4. nyfinest32

nyfinest32 Member

Oct 14, 2008
    New York
    ^^ what he said

5. This is not my type of game, so I won't be buying it myself. However, I just wanted to post my opinion on how the game looks, as I think you have done a wonderful job on the games presentation and gameplay- honestly. The music is superb, the sound effects suitable, as too are the graphics. I like the rolling balls, the drawbridge etc. I am sure you will do well with this app, or at least deserve to by the looks of this preview.

6. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    Pros:
    Excellent graphics
    Looks very polished
    Great audio/sound

Cons:
    Another bubble-color match game

This genere of games has no apparent end in sight. By 2010 I imagine I'll have 3 pages of apps, all with variations on matching colored bubbles. But, at the end of the day I enjoy these games, I just don't know how many ways this concept can be used before it gets old.

7. Warhorse Games

Oct 28, 2008
    Software Engineer
    Ladera Ranch, CA
    Thanks for the comments all. Yes, I know some people are sick of this genre, but not everyone :p. I tried to add some twists with the multiple firing positions, and a savable power-up mechanic. As far as I know puzzloop is the only competitor available right now, I think my game will compare nicely.

Jim

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I can't get this video to play on my MacBook. I clicked the link and the page loads and the video appears there, but it doesn't start. Clicking the play button just gives me a blank video screen. I note that the status line in Safari says "Canceled opening page", though I hadn't canceled it. Anyone else having this problem?

9. Warhorse Games

Oct 28, 2008
    Software Engineer
    Ladera Ranch, CA
    crunc: not sure why that's happening. I'll post a youtube version tonight, hopefully that will work.

10. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    damn that looks awesome
    what are you planning on setting the price at?

11. Warhorse Games

Oct 28, 2008
    Software Engineer
    Ladera Ranch, CA
    I'm thinking $2.99.

12. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Yes - Zuma, Luxor etc are a little late to the party. I reckon you have a winner here, looks polished and sounds excellent.

13. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Sr. Web Developer
    Atlanta, GA
    I concur. The game does look fun... and if there was some sort of story line involved, that would be even better. You already have the pirate theme going... you could build a lot on it.

"Rescue the governor's daughter from the evil clutches of Soandso, for a reward!"

And the reward can be full powerups on the next level, or one less ball color, or a slower speed. IDK, just throwing ideas out there.

14. Warhorse Games

Oct 28, 2008
    Software Engineer
    Ladera Ranch, CA
    Noah, there actually is a story in the game already. It involves revenge, sea serpents, and of course Ninjas ;). After you complete each level there is a nice illustration with some story text. Also, after level ten two new power-ups are introduced.

Jim

15. Mo.

Mo. Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Really looks great and I love action loop on the DS, so you might count me in as a buyer :)

16. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Wow... I am thoroughly impressed... I usually don't like games of this genre... really I don't buy many puzzle games in general... but I might buy this one... I'm like 50/50 currently as to if I will get this... nice work!

17. fpugirl

fpugirl Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2008
    South Bay CA
    Wow, I agree with what everyone has been saying....this looks like a great game! I love these kinds of games, but this one looks to have so much more in it! I can't wait until it's out in the app store! Great job!

18. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #18 NotYou, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
    Better hurry. Looks like you have some competition:
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294840348&mt=8

Make your price lower than this game and I bet it'll sell well. Pirates are way better than cavemen anyhow.

19. Magnulus

Magnulus Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Student + Barista
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    At the price of that Cronk Games Inc, I wouldn't buy it anyway, but if they were both the same price, I'd definitely go for Blackbeard's Assault. Graphics are so much clearer and more polished.

Blackbeard looks amazing, man. I'll probably get this one at some point.

20. Warhorse Games

Oct 28, 2008
    Software Engineer
    Ladera Ranch, CA
    Well I just tried out Cronk. I feel my game is much better, lets leave it at that :)