(Coming soon) Air Tycoon 2 by Tradegame lab

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by olliewollie, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southeasterner

Southeasterner New Member

Nov 13, 2010
    I would hope the developers are already familiar with Aerobiz and Aerobiz Supersonic which were the gold standard on this type of airline simulation game (I believe both were developed by Koei). If they aren't they should go out and buy it now.

Check this link for a list of aircraft and destinations they used...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobiz_Supersonic

It also contains some info on flight restrictions. For example during the cold war you were unable to negotiate for slots with cities based in communist countries (if your airline is based in a Western country). It also had all of the Soviet built aircraft if your airline was based in a communist country. You also had to worry about wars and civil wars as far as flight operations.

On the slot side of things in Aerobiz, AirBuc and most of the others you have to buy landings slots at airports before you can start routes this could take 3 months to a couple years. In Aerobiz it automatically allocates a certain number of slots at some airports at the start and you then have to negotiate with individual airports for more. It keeps it much more realistic and once an airport maxes out they go through a 1-2 year expansion in which all competitors have to wait to increase flights.

This would probably help to solve the problems with the AI in Air Tycoon 1, as you can't have 8 airlines starting up flights to Denver the same turn, as the airport would only negotiate with a certain number of airlines at one time.

If you are worried about the slot thing being too complicated you could always have that as an on/off option for the users. If you propose this idea on Airliners.net (which is another place you should be going for feedback) i'm sure 99% of the users would agree that it is a high priority add.

2. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Now I get it :)

I have just sent an email about this idea. I don't think it will be implemented in the initial release of AT2 but maybe in a few weeks time it could be added. Will have to see what the developer thinks. I personally like it :)

3. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Ok for those that were wondering if AirTycoon 2 Will be Getting IPad Support i have good news for you. This is a reply from my Email i sent him

Me:

"Will At2 Be getting Ipad support"

TradeGame:

"AT2 can be played, but no difference"

Excuse his English, But i think that means yes it will but it will be universal so it wont have any special features for IPad Users. But the great news is that it will get IPad Support.

4. Atari 2600

Atari 2600 New Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Great!! It looks awesome! I found AT1 last night and almost decide to purchase it. Good thing, I found this!

But one thing... only 17 cities in U.S. Mainland?! I wish there are a lot more than that. For some reasons, I'm not interested international flights. I'm hoping it will add another 50 cities in U.S. Mainland.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to play AT2.

5. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    ONLY 17 in the us! That's allot saying that each hub has to operate 6 routes before you can make another and it's allot more then what there is in Australia, Uk and even Africa.

Having routes only in the US will be a struggle, bigger airlines who would have took advantage of prime routes in Asia and Europe would quickly spring in to the US, Wipe your buisness out (Value and customer service would be better then yours) and have about 50 routes there. If you think about it, opperating routes in the is gives you a possible 272 routes, mentiaening this would be hell.

I hope I don't sound offending and I hope you understand what I am saying.

6. DarkOne10

DarkOne10 New Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Release Date

After constant searching around the Internet, I heard that the release date for AT2 was the 1st week of November, yet I have failed to see it on the App Store. Why is that?

7. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    #47 olliewollie, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
    There was a few bugs and things that needed to be done so the date has been pushed ahead a bit.
    I would expect to see it out by the end of the year.

8. johnny_56

johnny_56 Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I really loved AT1, and can't wait for AT2.

The new cities and aircraft look really good and should add to the original.

My only suggestion (at the moment) would be making the load factors on the aircraft a little more realistic. In AT1, after a turn or two you would get 100% loads and that was it until a competitor came along and the dropped to like 40% depending on price.

I'll give it another play and try and think of some more ideas.

Can't wait though...

Cheers

9. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    I have been playing daily and have noticed that the flight routes are more realistic when it comes to seat %

10. johnny_56

johnny_56 Member

Nov 18, 2010
    What about introducing some 'disasters' ie, aircraft crashing if they are poorly maintained or too old which would reduce airline value and profits.

11. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    These are already in effect in AT1. If you don't maintain a plane it doesn't earn a profit and planes retire after a certain period. Is this what you ment?

12. johnny_56

johnny_56 Member

Nov 18, 2010
    not really, I understand in AT1 the aircraft have to be replaced in a certain period.

What if they didn't need to be replace automatically rather they could be flown indefinitely but became less reliable and more prone to accidents

This is probably a little hard to add if it's due to be released in the next few weeks. Just a thought

13. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    It's a bit un realistic as AT is a realistic tycoon game and I'm sure there is regulations on this real life.

14. johnny_56

johnny_56 Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Not really, there aren't in Australia anyway. As long as you're aircraft air maintained to the standard they can keep flying. Manufacturers often put limits on the aircraft based on how much flying they do - which is sort of what is in AT1 - but you can have 30-40 year aircraft flying (especially cargo), but the catch is as these aircraft get older maintenance gets more expensive which encourages companies to renew their fleets.

Other disasters could include terrorism, bird flu, SARS etc.. all of which have a massive effect on the airline industry in real life. These obviously effect the number of passengers flying which affects the profitability of routes/airlines overall. After big events (such as 9/11) airlines around the world cancelled or put off aircraft orders. Because of this aircraft manufacturers, such as Boeing, sold aircraft at big discounts just to get orders. Airlines that were in a position to order aircraft benefitted.

Just ideas...

Cheers

15. johnny_56

johnny_56 Member

Nov 18, 2010
    and another thing... again sorry i understand it's release is soon.

Look at Qantas at the moment. Despite have well maintained new aircraft 'incidents' still happen which makes people less likely to want to fly with you. The newer the aircraft the less it happens, but problems still occur.

16. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    I have sent your ideas of to Tradegame lab. Thanks :)

17. omad420

omad420 Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Sonographer
    Houston, TX
    -I am still addicted to AT1, and I cant wait for AT2.

-I am surprised some major cities did not make the list- Tehran, Rio, Calgary, Phoenix, Detriot, Guangzhou, Brisbane, Barcelona, Amman, St. Petersburg, Accra, Cape Town, San Diego and more Central American & Carribbean cities like Aruba and Panama.

- I would like to see multiple Aircraft types on one route like. (nyc-lon 744 and 777)

- How about fuel stops for aircrafts w/ long routes or even 1 stop flights (example LHR-DXB_SYD) they can fuel stop or even load/unload passengers.

-How about cities w/ multiple Airports- LHR/LGW or IAH/HOU. cheaper to fly to LHR, but not as profitable maybe?

- These just popped in my head as I was playing AT1. I cant wait for AT2.

18. omad420

omad420 Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Sonographer
    Houston, TX
    I forgot to add Alliances, Code Share or even Joint Venture.

w/ all that said, the game looks really good and its pretty impressive.

19. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    sent these of to the developer. well have to wait to see if there included :)

20. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Just got the latest build and am now Spell checking.:) Getting close to final release.