(Coming soon) Air Tycoon 2 by Tradegame lab

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by olliewollie, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southeasterner

Southeasterner New Member

Nov 13, 2010
    A few things still seem to be missing?

I am an avid player of the first version and I'm glad to see the addition of new cities and the ability to change seat configurations.

A few other things I thought were missing from the first version...

Airport slots...I like this about Aerobiz and other games that you can't just create an unlimited number of routes from any airport to anywhere else and it forces you to upgrade aircraft and think about your growth strategy a bit more since you have to start slot negotiations before the competition. You were also restricted to international politics (cold war etc...) as far as where you could fly.

Historical scenarios...also a good part of Aerobiz is the ability to go back to historical scenarios and historical aircraft.

Problems with AI players in v1...I kept having the problem of all the competitors flying to the exact same locations...and really not being that hard to beat in the Tycoon mode.

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Thanks for your reply.

The bugs are set to be fixed in Airtycoon 1 within a few weeks. Also the Dev is in the final process on number 2, Me and OllieWollie are helping him iron out any bugs.

As for your idea you can always email it to the dev via his email which is listed in Itunes.

The game is due to be submitted on the 22nd and with Thanksgiving the dev thinks it will be released early december.

I will keep everyone up to date with news and more about the game. Now any one want some screenshots as i have plenty.

3. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Ok Here are some Screenshots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    So far in testing I haven't encountered this plus there are now up to 11 competitors!!! ]

If you could please go into more detail on that first idea that would be great(preferably re-post all your ideas with more detail). I think I will send your post to Sung Han later.

5. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    BETA just had an update, ironing out allot of major bugs. Its slowly easing towards release, I wouldn't put a release date on it yet though. Still easily allot of things to be done. Plus we have to test the game to see how it handles if we play it for about 20 years(In game), doing this will mean we will have allot of different aircraft and we will then easily find bugs.

6. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    I think I get what you mean about Airport Slots. Personally I don't think much people would want such a restriction, anyway I am continuously upgrading aircraft to bigger ones, the smaller ones don't have a first class so to get first class you have too.

What I would like to see in the future is the ability to have different aircraft on one route. I guess we will have to wait for this and many other features.

BTW, Most of these new things are from user input (I sent a massive email of idea for AT a few months ago, most in which are being included.) so continued user input will continue to improve the game.

I have a few questions to ask you all.

1. What do you think Air Tycoon 2 needs?
    2. Apart from the list of city's above what other city's should be added (Non US)
    3. What other Aircraft should be added?
    4. What do you think of Air Tycoon 2 looking at the images through out this thread?
    5. How was Air Tycoon?

Here are some more images. They are off the 4 different map types you can have.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    I Thinks Denpasar in Bali Indonesia is needed

8. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Native iPad support is needed ... otherwise no buy ... :(

9. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    #29 olliewollie, Nov 13, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
    I think that the main idea of this game is to be something you can play in small parts on the train or drive to work, therefore it is mainly focused towards the Ipod/Iphone. Also, because it is mainly based on buttons and sliders and there is no tilting or multi touch needed it should be allot easier to use on the iPad, if all look better. I guess well just have to wait and see :)

10. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    You can talk everything "fine and ok" ... but the fact is: Since I have my iPad I use it for gaming 90% of the time ... it is really sad, because I loved AT 1 but I will not buy another version without iPad support ... and I really hope many other user will see it the same way.

11. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    I think The dev mentioned to me that Universal support might happen but i am not certain about it.

12. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Well, we will see ... as an universal app it would be a must buy for me ... also an extra iPad version would be no problem ... because there is no good simulation game like that for the iPad right now ...

13. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    I have sent a Email about it to the dev and will let you know when i get a reply.

14. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    I think he may make it universal, he has a great graphics team so I cant see that as a problem for them.

15. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Thanks! :)

16. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    no worrys

17. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    What about retina display support?

18. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Not sure. If the app was universal wouldn't that mean it would look better on an iPhone 4 aswell as an iPad?

19. Travel

Travel Member

Nov 13, 2010
    I am looking forward to AT2, I can't wait, I have the following questions:

•Why isn't Adelaide included in AT2 as it is already included in AT1?
    •Will more cities be included such as Brisbane, Cairns , Hobart and more cities in Australia?
    •Will Cities such as Denpasar and more in the Pacific Region and New Zealand be included?
    •I was really hoping to see more destinations in the
    Balkan region such as Skopje, Ohrid, Belgrade, Sofia, Tirana, Sarajevo, Ljubljana, Thessaloniki etc - will this be possible?
    •Which cities will be available to purchase and the cost to purchase all cities?
    •Will AT2 have the ability to do stopover such as Melbourne - Singapore - London (Singapore to be a refuelling stop in this example)?
    •It would good to have a codeshare facility?
    •it would also be good to be Able and establish a low cost or subsidiary airline?
    •Finallly I would love to see other aircraft :
    Boeing 772, 747-200, 763, Airbus 332, 333 older planes DC10, M11, M80,
    ATR, 732,?

I look forward to your reply

20. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Thank-you for your ideas. If anyone else wants to add a suggestion please do so. The more I get the better the game could be.
    I will send the best in an email to the developer this afternoon and will let you know from there. :)