Comcast App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by fiskadoro, Feb 26, 2009.

1. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    This was just released a couple of days ago. As a Comcast subscriber, I thought it might be worth a shot (it's free).

http://appshopper.com/entertainment/comcast-tv-listings

Did anyone download this and discover a problem with it not displaying their entire channel line up?

The numbers here for our Comcast digital cable service stretch into the 700s, but for some reason, it only displays the channels up to 450 or so.

Looks like others from the reviews on the AppStore are having similar issues, but I wanted to reach out to (trusted) TouchArcade folks, because you guys are way better and digging out the quirks in apps than anybody!

2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I haven't downloaded this, but it could come in handy. The thing is, there's already a ton of TV show apps.

3. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Yep, I thought perhaps a Comcast-specific app would be a nicer option, but I don't think it's quite ready yet.

Interestingly enough, I was pointed to the m.comcast.net site which has an iPhone-friendly page a TV listings section which pretty much does exactly what I want it to, so I'm going to stick with that for a while, and of course the zillion of other "what's on TV" apps. :D