Universal Combo Quest 2 (By Tapinator, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 30, 2016.

1. House of Paincakes

House of Paincakes Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    #21 House of Paincakes, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    I had some issues with the difficulty at first, but here is what I did to make things a lot easier. Just try focusing on the red blocks only. Be patient, and try to hit at least one red block each time your cursor goes back and forth, maybe two. Then just hit the other blocks as you see opportunities.

I kept failing because I tended to rush things, which led to me missing blocks, hurting myself, and resetting the combo counter. I've had much better luck now with putting top priority on the red blocks and taking things a little slower. Also, if you see that a red block is going to hit you and you won't have time to get your cursor back around to stop it, use your combo attack. It will push most of the red blocks off the board. The higher your combo, the more the red blocks are pushed.

I've also found that prioritizing critical hit % on your perk upgrades seems to give the most bang for your buck, especially if your hero gets any kind of extra bonus on critical hits.

My only real frustration right now is that the red X blocks (that you aren't supposed to hit) will sometimes appears right on top of my cursor as I'm trying to hit another block, making me take a hit and resetting my combo counter. It would be really nice if these were only allowed to spawn some certain distance away from your cursor to prevent this.

EDIT: Actually, just ran into the World 8 bug myself where I can't attack any blocks. I am on 8-7 and can't progress. Other levels work fine.

2. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Very good game. It seems to be easier than the first one.

Without spending and before the latest update that reduces death timer to nothing, i already had a lvl1 gunner, lvl3 mage, lvl3 sabertooth, lvl2 Mech knight(legendary hero) and ive cleared 3 worlds.

I have died twice(and by this i mean that i ran out of revives). With 5 characters at the moment, i dont understand why there are complaints about a paywall.

The only wall ive encountered is skill. I've died miserably againt a boss only to kill it without being hit after a revive. Seriously dont understand why the paywall complaint, getting the same character from a chest will lvl it, same goes for companions and items. And so far I've gotten quite a few chests(netting me my hero and companion lvl3)

All i can say is, if its difficukt for you, its not the game its you. so get to practicing.(Also it helps if you focus on upgrading combo damage and max hp)

3. Ultimatix

Ultimatix Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Germany
    No google Play download? :(

4. EdS35

EdS35 Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Also in the Loot Key World I was just playing and it let me keep reviving over and over showing negative amounts of revives. I got to -27 but finally finished it. (Good bug I guess?)

5. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    I noticed this too. Got to -2 revives and cleared the stage. Tried to search for the penalty but i didnt find anything. If this is a bug that happens every time, might as well and keep playing the Key stage as much as possible.

6. EdS35

EdS35 Member

Jun 29, 2011
    This appears to have been fixed in the latest update today. (But also fixed World 8 so yay). Upon finishing World 9 I got a message that I had unlocked another zone but I don't see anything new on the map. World 9 also still has a red flag with a circle despite competing all levels. I still have a couple items and heroes I haven't unlocked.

Definitely one of my favorite apps. I'm ready for more of everything (levels, heroes, companions, items). Also would love to see more variety in special blocks. Here's hoping for content updates!