Universal Combo Queen (by Tap My Game)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 26, 2015.

1. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    Not really. Like the guy above said, the progression's non-existent, the higher your level, the exponentially more health the enemies get, while your attack goes up almost linearly. Mix that with a lack of content, one background and 3 - 4 actual enemy TYPES, and no, I kinda regret buying it. Not that a dollar and some change is a lot of money, but it feels like a quarter finished game. System's there, mechanics are polished, but no incentive to progress and not enough content to justify prolonged interest. It's a shame cause the art style's great.

2. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    #142 HotHamBoy, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    It's like Canabalt or Flappy Bird or Super Hexagon. How far can you get? This game probably has more to see and unlock than any of those yet they were huge successes and provided people with hours of enjoyment. Most runs are over in 30 seconds but that's kind of the point, right? I think some people are expecting a different game and the RPG-lite veneer is throwing people off. People are more likely to be disappointed when they get something other than what they expected. I really like this game for wasting a couple minutes with no commitment.

To answer the question, I think the tweaks to visuals and timing have made the game a lot less frustrating while still being really challenging.

3. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I love this game and have had some high scoring runs and I have to say tht I whole heartedly agree with every point you made 100%!

4. Clombate

Clombate New Member

Mar 11, 2015
    Is this game worth purchasing? Or is it just a waste of time?

5. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I think it's a great game.

6. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Combo queen or Combo quest? What one is more fun? I'm looking for a game of this type. Help me out

7. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Ok I'm gunna finally commit because I like challenging games for one, and two the dev seems to respond to his community. plus the art looks amazing! Here goes nothing

8. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    Game crashes after 1.0.4 update, either before or after staring a run. iPad3, 8.4. Caveat emptor.

9. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    You still didn't put in the "clothing" for her, but you'll update it to link me to your other games ? Hah..... Hahahaha ok

10. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    This game isn't bad, but I like Combo Quest alot more.

11. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Now $10 for some reason.

12. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Wow that's a huge jump in price. Must be a mistake

13. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    #153 CalinR, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    Sometimes, but very rarely, developers will do that in order to "prevent" any rational person from buying the game, instead of pulling it off the app store and losing exposure. I assume they're doing this because as of the time of this post, the game still crashes at the beginning of a run and is completely unplayable.

I can't help but be cynical, and remember an apocryphal (to me at least, since I don't remember the specific game) story that happened a few years ago when a developer charged $100 for a similar game, and a few people bought it and were complaining about the price afterwards.

I assume Apple allows refunds outside of their policy for situations like this, but from a consumer's point of view, this is a weird practice, since the potential for accidental purchases by people who are just unaware of the game in general is so high.

It's also the case that it could be easier from an administrative point of view for the developer to contact Apple and raise the price, instead of having them take the game off the app store and reload it on there once the update that fixes the problem is out.

14. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Erm... It just went on sale for 5 bucks... I guess they weren't trying to make people steer clear of their product, they just wanted people to pay a crapload (in iOS terms) for their broken game...

15. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    Wow...