Universal Combo Critters (by Lucky Kat Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lucky Kat, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    The combat system is way too simplistic, just tap and hit gets boring real quick ...

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This developer keeps making gems. I can't believe how fun this game is. I've never played a game like this before. Unique and so much depth . The controls are perfect . I'll leave an Indepth review later back to playing.hope everyone gives this chance because it's for everyone

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This is the most fun Pokemon-like on the AppStore

4. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Wow, such an awesome game! If PoGo wasn't out, this game would be blowing up. Super fun and polished!

5. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Notifications working for anyone? Doesn't notify me like it should.

6. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #46 JohnnyClash, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    I highly doubt that.. But I do respect your opinion, of course!

This is an awesome lil game though.. I bought the no-ads thing for a couple bucks to show support.. I hope they come out with some new worlds soon..

7. Lucky Kat

Lucky Kat Well-Known Member

Hi, are you on iOS on Android?

8. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    This is good...

9. Lucky Kat

thanks!

10. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I'll play it more to give a rating. ;)

11. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    This is a fun, casual monster collection game. Not a lot of depth involved given there are no special attacks or types that I have seen relative to certain monsters or families. However, there is a generic special attack that can be triggered after a monster has attacked three times in the same battle (generally only occurs when there are multiple monsters in one battle, or against bosses). The special attacks are up to three mini games which can include tracing lines, touching orbs in the correct order, tapping floating balls that move around the scree, etc. This element really works for me as it increases the interactive aspect in combat. I personally would have considered this approach to all attacks as an option to increase the damage a la Super Mario RPG.

While it is good that monsters have varying stats, the fact that them seem to have all of the same type - and therefore no specific advantage or disadvantage - my lineup seems to always be:

Collect/combine monsters to get a variety of stat dispersions (health/attack).

Bosses - use three monsters who can survive three attacks from the boss (I.e., their health > boss attack * 3) to be able to use a special attack (and do more damage) before they are defeated. After the first or second planet, this is the only way I've been able to defeat bosses given the limitation of combining above a certain star level on each planet.

Normal monsters: Load up on highest available attack monsters, tap on highest attack monster, and repeat as needed.

Adding in either a rock, paper, scissors type and damage impact would be a great addition if a full fledged type assignment (earth, water, fire, etc) is too much. Unfortunately this would require a wholesale re-balancing activity that would be a lot of work.

I'm going to make a minor purchase to show my support and encourage either building the game up more of coming out with a sequel with more monsters and more combat depth.

As a FTP game I would give it four stars for what you can do at no cost (great value in that regard - never feel you actually have to buy anything unlike other FTP games of the same type), but would probably only rate 2-3 stars compared to some of the other pokemon-like games that were released as paid games.

If I've misunderstood any of the features please let me know and I'll happily adjust my comments here. Thanks!

12. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    I was one of the beta testers and I told the developer that the game was lagging for me...It's still lagging...I saw a video and it's not normally like this.

13. Lucky Kat

Very sorry to hear this. On what device are you?

14. Lucky Kat

Quick update as we're working on more content. Here's a quick preview of the next world:

[​IMG]

15. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    One of my favorite developers and one of my favorite games. Hope
    To see everyone pick this up because you deserve a great game.
    Developer always working on content for all there projects. Couldn't ask for more

16. Lucky Kat

thanks for the support!

17. groovotron

groovotron New Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Hello Lucky Kat!
    Just registered to say that I'm enjoying the game, but achievements aren't unlocking for me! (ipad air, ios 9.3.2)
    Please Advise! Thank you! :confused:

18. Lucky Kat

Hi, we'll look into this. Thanks!

19. Lucky Kat

#59 Lucky Kat, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    Hi guys,

Thank you so much for your support. We're launching a new update next week 15th of September and includes:

• 3 new worlds
    • 45 new critters to discover and combine! In total there are now more than 100 critters and 6000 combinations!

Here's the trailer:

20. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    After having bought teeny Titans on sale, coming Back to This, with forced ADS...

I don't feel like it's worth The ADS remover... Seriously...

Sorry guys...