Universal Combo Crew - (by The Game Bakers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 22, 2013.

1. Emeric

Emeric Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Thanks all for the comments. I couldn't agree more with all the messy UI for friends and controls, my bad, sorry guys. We'll work on that, but as long as the gameplay's good I'm pretty happy!

@Jetjet : there is both a solo mode and an endless mode. The solo mode is "arena-based" though, not exactly like Double Dragon.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Think of Battleheart, but you control only one character with style.

3. Windburn

Windburn Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    The gameplay IS good! For someone who doesn't use Facebook at all for gaming, is Game Center integration being explored? It would be much more convenient!

4. Nadante

Nadante Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Seconded.

In the meantime, add me [email protected]

5. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Thanks a lot for all your advices ! I think I will take this game too !

6. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
  7. amos38

amos38 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    #67 amos38, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
    Great game! Smacking opponents around is fun and feels solid. The controls are easy and fun to use ( I'm glad there are no complex chains to remember). The characters and art are great. The multiplayer setup doesn't concern me as most of my buddies are too "mature" to play a game once in a while :). And a huge thumbs up for continuing to ditch the freemium model B.S.

As others have mentioned, Choosing your combo setup is bit klunky. I'd rather just tap on an image of one of the four swipes followed by a tap on the combo I want assigned to that swipe. Also, juggling a baddie is too short - just one kick is not enough. I want to go nuts on the bad guy in the air with my little Hair-jitsu lady :)

8. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    #68 kioshi, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  9. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I like the game a lot! Wish it was GC for multi buddies though. Looking forward hopefully for content, character, and move updates.

10. chupwn

chupwn Member

Sep 11, 2012
    I liked this game from the get go, but wasn't too happy with the 2 finger swipe combos. A quick look into the options to switch to thumb controls made me a happy clam. I'm still learning the ropes, but it's a lot of fun so far. I wish that they'd replace the Facebook component with GameCenter through.

11. iEdGamer

iEdGamer Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2012
    There's an option to use your thumbs. Really much easier. Change it from settings.

Also, for adding friends, go to Manage Crew and type in the e-mail you wanna add.

12. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Great game , love the simplicity of the controls and the combos of course . The animation is pretty amazing and just sells the moves. I really feel like I'm opening a big can of hurt on these poor fools . Ok more like a can of whoop a** :)

Game Center would be awesome , I don't do FB.

13. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Argh. My progress got wiped fresh and I was already about to finish story mode with perfect in everything. I force closed the app because I couldn't get out of the control select screen (OK was off screen). I think it was also trying to connect to the login server so that might have something to do with it.

In terms of gameplay, it got boring doing perfect rounds. If you're not after that achievement, it's fun all the way. Animations are slick and entertaining

14. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    #74 oldgamer dude, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    That's sucks big time :( hopefully they'll add some stuff to keep this title fresh . Like more characters , stages , and of course combos. And maybe have a Mr boss 2 , he could be like an evil doctor that wants to take over the world. You know, that old chestnut ;)

15. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    After the new update I can no longer sign into my account it keeps saying connecting. Then when I make more progress the part that says connecting now says new label and its stuck that way. I can't sign on my iPhone anymore I'm stuck with just my iPad I'm really pissed off right now.

16. Emeric

Emeric Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2010
    @Echoen: Sorry about that, we are looking at what could have caused the problem right now. If you're willing to help more, you can PM me and give me all the details you can (iOS version, device, was the connection info panel there when it crashed?).

@Mrwubbs: it seems we're having servers problem. It started about an hour ago, and we are also actively looking into it. Please be patient, hopefully it's gonna be ok within minutes. If you wait long enough it should finally say you can't connect and then you can keep playing while disconnected, until we fixed the server problem.

And thanks everyone for the content update ideas, I'm taking good notes ;-).

17. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    Wow that was a quick reply! The server is working again but I lost my money. No biggie though I could earn more quickly. Lets say I lose controllers though. Is it possible to then not be able to unlock all the content? Meaning is there a limit to the controllers I can ultimately earn? Also I would love to see alternate costumes in the future if possible. This game is awesome.

18. Emeric

Emeric Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Server problem fixed guys, sorry about that.
    I'll be back soon with more content update and a little challenge for you, if you're up to take on the team, I mean. :rolleyes:

19. Emeric

Emeric Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2010
    @Mrwubbs: sorry to hear you lost some gamepads in the process. No there is no way to be blocked.

Gamepads can be earned by:
    > Getting gold medals
    > Completing missions in Combo Crew mode
    > "Exploring" the main screen
    > In Combo Crew mode (endless), a chest enemy can spawn. If you beat him before he escapes, he'll give you either coins, items or gamepads. So in theory, you'll always be able to unlock everything.
    But by default, there are more pads than content to unlock. The balancing is not made to encourage grinding particularly.

20. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    Ok that's a relief. One last thing. If I finish off an enemy with a combo and it goes into slow motion, do I get a point bonus for that? If not it would be really cool if it did...just sayin.