Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 22, 2013.
Tournament round 3 starts!
Calling out Vlys pm me.
good games artnj!
rawkk 1:2 artnj
Is anyone else having problems finding games like me? Every time I try to join a public match it always creates a game and nobody joins, but when I made a new account I instantly got a game. Do public game match ups have to do with rank? If they do, they should at least make it so you are matched up with the next highest rank because as of now I can't play.
so what does everyone think of the new changes? so far this is what i noticed:
*ads increased from 20 to 30 reward
*CotD rares increased from 350 to 400 cost
*cotD legendaries increased from 1500 to 2500
*cost of epic chests (12 legendaries) increased from 45k to 70k (i believe)
*cost of mega chests increased from 4000 to 7500
*referral rewards drastically nerfed
all in all im worried about this changes. it really promotes a strong sense of pay to win, and by that i mean pay a lot. its no longer enough to have the tripler right from the beginning to enjoy end game pvp at all. mega chests are now over priced and epic chests are pretty fairly priced now. 4k for a mega was a bit cheap, maybe 5k would be more in line. epic chests should still cost more, maybe 75k or 80k, but the damage is done where it was too cheap and it flowed in quickly to those who didnt need them. I suppose we could call it a reward for the early financial supporters. it seems like end game is really only for those who got plenty of referral support early on or made plenty of iap.
you can definitely still start a fresh account, pick up the tripler, and enjoy single player games. i just dont feel like you will have any fun to be found in multi as things are right now. definitely not a game that can be suggested to new comers interested in pvp without ptw at the moment.
this is all just an opinion of a player with over 400 games played since day one and only a tripler bought. no paying referrals. i still enjoy this game and play it here and there, always checking the CotD for anything interesting.
Round 4 is up! I had to disqualify or give ties in a few cases. If any of you guys want out of tournament please tell me early so nobody's time is wasted. Www.challonge.com/combatmonsters1
Make this easier for everyone and email me at [email protected] in case i do not have your email.
Original tournament thread: http://www.rubicondev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2034
Sylv, I think you missed a few additions off of there.
* Two new single player campaigns with very large payouts including some mega chests
* Matchmaking system for pvp to prevent pay to win and domination by those with more cards.
* Various other tweaks upwards to how easy it is to earn coins by playing.
Is there a new update that I'm missing as my game hasn't been updated since the one that made quick game really hard ?
A massive one. It's waiting on Apple right now.
There's a load of new cards in it, several months worth of front end improvements, and most of the features people have been asking for.
We've also increased a few prices for reasons nothing to do with greed as discussed on our forum. You will get a ton more coins to earn for nowt to balance that, and this is still the cheapest (and best imo) CCG available anywhere, but I predict a dominant topic nonetheless...
here is the changlog
CURRENT VERSION (v2.0) updates from v1.1
* Added a new race of monsters – Skeletons.
* Added 4x new bows.
* Added 4x new staffs.
* Added 2x new hard single player quests with greatly increased payouts including a few mega chests.
* Added 3x new heroes. What other game features an Attack Chicken?!
* Added 8x more runes.
* Added Asynchronous multiplayer.
* Added Elo matchmaking to stop pay to win.
* Increased payout for “rank up” achievements to 100 times your current rank, from a basic 100.
* Reworked the entire front end display to be more useable and interesting.
* Changed label of “Challenge Mode” again, this time to “Skirmish Battle”.
* Added selector for number of AI opponents in Skirmish Battle. They and you get more mojo based on number of opponents.
* Added difficulty selector for Skirmish Battle.
* AI improvements.
* Tutorial is more streamlined.
* Fixed an occasional crash when downloading turn data from the server.
* Fixed an issue where some cards could be played before the previous ones resolved, preventing effects/triggers from happening.
* Heave now no longer considered an attack (as it doesnt inflict any damage).
* Fixed issues with the Battle Over screen when the final players are both killed at the same time (e.g. by playing Hero Burn).
* (PC Version) Preferred web browser should now be opened correctly under Windows 8.
* Reduced the area of effect for Trick Shot to 1 tile (far too overpowered in Multiplayer when it was an area effect of 2 tiles).
* Changed the Human bonus to +1 attack for each adjacent friendly Creature (so now it includes the Hero).
* Meteor ability now strikes at full power.
* Barrage ability now costs 1 less Mojo and strikes at full power.
* Long Bow’s cost decreased from 3 to 2.
* Heroic Shield’s Armour decreased from 5 to 4.
* Stiletto’s Power increased from 1 to 2.
* Alpha’s cost increased from 1 to 3.
* Fang’s cost increased from 4 to 5.
* Ying Yang and Virus Runes upgraded to Rares.
* Noigle’s Health increased from 30 to 35.
* Lavalem’s Power increased from 3 to 4.
* Dean’s Health increased from 30 to 35.
* Shaq’s Power increased from 1 to 2.
* Raeynor’s Power increased from 2 to 3.
* Clank’s Health increased from 25 to 30.
* Boneyard’s Health increased from 15 to 20.
* Fixed “Furious Assault” ability to cost 4, up from 1. See “Fang”. This is a bug fix, not a tweak – it should never have been 1.
* Put in anti-hacks for multiplayer game.
* Fixed an exploit where a hacker could force you to time out.
* You no longer get coins for a first turn win to stop “botting”.
* Added facebook logout button.
* Added interstitial advertising, shown between battles until any purchase is made. This helps towards server running costs for free players.
* Some IAP interface improvements.
* Made Treasure Chest opening more convenient and more fun.
* Fixed issue where saving a deck could overwrite a different deck.
* Improved level lighting.
* Removed twitter newsfeed. This will return with more usefulness later.
* Made legendary cards actually legendary. Chance to get one from a full booster drops to 1:25 (from 1:10) with an attendant price increase of the Mega Chest. Likewise the cost of the Epic Chest has reached legendary proportions also – we don’t expect people to actually buy them, but it looked odd just disabling it.
* Prize pay outs improved a lot for the easier campaigns.
* Switched the prices for the Rubicoin Tripler and Coin Purse, as the tripler was far too cheap for its earning power. It still is, but needs must.
* Option to render small cards as static images, speeds up the UI on older devices.
* Hero prices increased a lot, mainly to stop people buying them over boosters when starting out. They should never have been given away cheaply though.
* Paid adverts: Added another provider so they should run out far less often per day.
* Paid adverts: Increased the payout by 50% to 30 rubicoins.
* Slightly renamed a few old runes.
* Added a camera mode that stops the camera moving at all once the battle has started.
* Added a scroll bar to the “my hand” view when you get lots of cards to play. (Simply dragging the cards sideways makes it too fiddly to operate)
Wow! That sounds like an update and a half. Looking forward to getting back into it, all I bought so far was he coin Tripler. By the sound of it I'm glad I bought an extra hero early and maybe I should have been playing more to get my hands on some legendary's (think I might have one)
when i saw that line: asynchronous multiplayer, i knew i was gonna get back into this, and really rubicon, you guys are awesome!, you really listen to what the community wants and actually use the advice you get, keep it up!
Just dropping this here...
I've just got the new update and while I haven't played a match yet I'm REALLY liking the look of the new layout, the book system for your cards is very nice. Overall it just looks much better.
Now off to play a few games.
Edit just played a couple of rounds. Loving the update. Although I did just try a match against 5 AI and I thought for some reason it would be a free for all, "Oh boy" was I mistaken as I pressed the end turn button on round one to realise that it was 5 of them vs me that's when I knew I was going to die very quickly
Back to being one of my fav games now, I'll forget that the last update ever happened
Comments on upgrade
I upgraded w/o fully reading the upgrade -- MY FAULT.
A few points here -- my Fang deck is wrecked now. While you say it was a 'bug', you might consider leaving cards 'as is' once 'published'. I'm not going to argue that Fang was not imbalanced, but it's also how I've played it for months now. Really annoyed about that change.
I don't think Rubicon should change cards that have been 'published' unless they are somehow 'breaking' the game.
If you're looking at imbalanced cards, consider Devious.
So what happens if I play someone who hasn't upgraded their iOS game? Do my Fangs cost more (+ other cards) & there's less? Curious how that works out.
Second point -- on IOS devices, a lot more annoying unnecessary animations have been added in, which radically slows the game down. I was hoping for a setting which would SHUT OFF most of those animations / camera swoops, not an upgrade that added more. Can we get rid of those in a future update (ie a switch which shuts of unnecessary animations & stuff? ** INCLUDING VICTORY DANCE!!!**)
Thirdly, have you considered a plain text 'turn log' feature, so that players who look away from the screen can quickly take a look & see what they missed? In most games like this, a 'recap' tab would be somewhere easily accessable.
Fourth, would also be nice if there was an 'undo' button -- even though the font seems slightly larger / bold, I still occasionally do something accidental which I'd like to take back before my turn ends. Seems like it could be added in & work for anyone that doesn't have a % chance to do something.
Great game, I'm glad that the upgrade *DID NOT* add advertisements to my game since I did buy the tripler (which, btw, I doubt I would have bought for $5 -- but I happily paid $3 to support the devs). I'm surprised that Rubicon felt it needed to put in ads after running for so long on freemium model -- surprised that the game is not generating enough revenue to cover the servers. I question that.
But, I do think putting ads in to annoy freemium players will add to the longevity of the game -- although it may be at the expense of picking up new players.
NOTE: I will not *EVER* be buying Rubicoins, b/c I don't believe in 'pay-to-win' gaming AND b/c I have a lot of other stuff I'd rather be buying with real money, BUT I don't understand why you felt necessary to lower those payouts...?
Lastly, the redesign of your start screen is weird -- you put 'deal of the day' and 'get our stuff' on the left, and buried the 'get more coins' and 'get more cards' in between a ton of buttons on the right. You need to lump all the PURCHASE options together -- it's now hard to find where the (former 'marketplace) choices are located.
Haven't fought Skeletons yet, but they seem a bit uninspired. But I'm happy to see new cards & new "hard missions" out there.
Again, thanks for a fun game. Let's not get carried away with $$$ and alienating the loyal players, eh?
My replies to your post below in Bold Underline
So if I have not updated is the tripler still $3 and the heroes are cheaper?
No the prices are same in 1.1 and 2.0, it is updated from their server and pushed into game no matter what version you are running.
Hope that bit of info helps!
Yeah that's pretty cool, I take the fact I bought the tripppppler on day one when it was cheaper as en early adopter bonus
Really enjoying the new update, has brought this back into my list of games to play regularly.
Loving the update, makes my legendary collection a bit tougher but then it makes them
Legendary. Going to need more coins so if anyone wants to do the $39 referral give me a shout.
On another side note ChaosProdigy I have been unable to connect with my next match player. Ohh and want to try my deck against you. PM me
Chaos Prodigy Challenge:
If you would like to fight against some of my competitive decks, just go to Async, click on the area where it says "public" above the "2 player" area and once you click on it the "public" will change to "private" - chose your hero / deck then a game password on the next screen.
After that, come back to touch arcade or the game official forums and send me a PM with your exact account username and the game password. You can also make more than one game and tell me how many games you have up pending so i can join each one with a different deck!
I just ask you try to make atleast 2-3 moves per 24 hours and if you cant I'd rather not join!
On a Tournament related note:
Hey guys just wanted to let you all know that you can use Async to get your matches in by pressing on the "Public" so it changes to "Private" when on the Async select page.
You then chose your password same as you would in live games and inform your opponent of your exact in game user name and what password you set. You can create more than one private pending Async games, so if you are fighting your opponent best 2 out of 3 you can set up atleast 3 private games and have them join 2 of them, then if no winner at end of those games have them join the 3rd game.
As always inform me of result and battle number of each game.
This should help alot for you guys to get your games in by the Sunday deadline and next tournament we can do completely via Async - no need for week long rounds.