Universal Combat Monsters - (by Rubicon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 22, 2013.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Haha lol I don't have any legendary's but I'll still play for the fun of it.

2. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Thanks again to Chaos Prodigy for organising this, I hope everyone gives him the respect he deserves and plays nice.

With a more than generous contribution from the man himself, we've arranged some prize money in Rubicoins.

Winner: 25k
    Runner up: 10k
    Losing semi-finalists: 5K
    Losing quarter-finalists: 3K

Anyone making it past the first round but not qualifying for more will get 1,200.

Please leave your account name with Chaos who will pass the details back to Rubicon to make the payouts. We can't pay you if we don't know what account to credit!

Good luck everyone!

3. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Today is last day to register for tournament. Spread the word!

Tournament prizes confirmed: http://www.rubicondev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2034&start=20

Winner: 25k
    Runner up: 10k
    Losing semi-finalists: 5K
    Losing quarter-finalists: 3K

Anyone making it past the first round but not qualifying for more will get 1,200.

In the tournament so far in no particular order:
    1. Saigo
    2. Vlys
    3. Qklilx
    4. ArtNj
    5. HomeFries (From Touch Arcade)
    6.oooooomonkey
    7. Achilles
    8. markaman (from TA)
    9. Rawkk (from TA - Sylvr)
    10. Warriordkl
    11. Wildcut (From TA - Boobi)
    12. Rawkk
    13. Wedge598 (From TA)
    14. cheehoG(from TA)
    15. RedEyeKnight
    16. Roccandil
    17. Cotter
    18. Tempest
    19. ClamDigger42O (From TA)
    20. REkzkaRZ
    21. kwaha
    22. rastoe
    23. Aeternal

*Let us know if your in game name is different than forum name, also email [email protected] if you havent yet.

Beginning Monday, November 18, 2013, ChaosProdigy will be hosting Combat Monsters Community Tournament #1

Please Reply to this thread with any questions. You can also reply here to enter tournament but also email me at [email protected] so i have your email. Emails will be shared with participants so u guys can set a time and day for your matches.

4. Sylvr

Sylvr Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011

#9 and #12 are both me. looking forward to the games! i imagine theres no way to really control the legendary and rare card limit, but lets stick to the honor system. i imagine if it were 1 of each legendary and 2 of each rare limit that would be much easier to tell, but lets play it by ear. also, its fine to change your deck up between matches, right? kinda keeps it a fun rock/paper/scissors as you never know what the opponent will bring out in game/s two and/or three.

good luck everyone!

5. HomeFries

HomeFries Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Canada

6. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    *If you are in the tournament, please go register on the Combat Monsters forums http://rubicondev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2034&p=11665#p11665 and reply to that tournament thread with your correct in game name. There may be a few of the Touch Arcade entries who did not email me or reply on the Tournament thread on the Rubicon forums.

Tournament sign up is now closed unless someone wants to sign up as a backup in the next few days before this first week is completed in case anyone drops out of tournament in week 1.

redeyeknight vs aeternal
    Berd Man vs ArtNj
    rekzkarz vs rawkk
    kwaha vs oooooomonkey
    qklix vs clamdigger420
    tempest vs vlys
    cheehog vs markman
    rastoe vs roccandil
    wildcut vs saigo
    achilles vs cotter

You can follow the http://challonge.com/combatmonsters1 for updated scores. As you and your opponents finish a game just notify me of your score (for example player 1 won) and i will update Challonge. I will recommend all participants reply here their time zone and then private message their opponent. Also join Saigo's Facebook group chat for ease of communication, add me on facebook (in my sig) for invite to that. This will be a Swiss 5 weeks of competition, this first week deadline for getting your games in will be midnight of Sunday the 24th of November. Good luck and have fun!

[​IMG]

7. qklilx

qklilx Active Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Entertainer/Teacher
    Seeking clamdigger420. Username seems to not exist here...

8. HomeFries

HomeFries Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Canada
    Hey
    Its ClamDigger42O (last is a letter o not a number zero)
    I am at work now so can't register to the other site until I get home.
    I'm in Eastern time zone and should be available for a match anytime after 7pm EST. if that works for you. I still have to get my deck ready as I just noticed they put restrictions on Legendary and rare cards which sucks big time since i been building my deck from day one and modifying it to my play-style and now when i finally got it perfect i cant even use it in this tourney SUCKS man :(
    PM me your email and i will do the same so we can arrange the matches.
    Cheers

9. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Deal of the day today is a mini chest for 150. They usually 400 so if you were planning on getting one, today's deal is quite nifty.

10. cheehoG

cheehoG Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Looking for 'markman' you there?

btw to those who needs
    a referral code -M2FBQA8

11. Sylvr

Sylvr Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    #511 Sylvr, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    first game of rawkk vs. rekzkarz went to me, rawkk. working out a time to get in the next game or two. pretty fun, but challenging getting the timing right. thanks again chaosprodigy and rubicon for making this tournament happen!

edit: games done, rawkk wins. good games rekz!

12. markaman

markaman Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2013
    I sent you a private message. Message me back the time you can do the match and tell me your time zone. Sorry I haven't checked the forum in awhile.

13. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Patch 1.2 brings us a new race and 4 bows and 4 staffs as well as other features. I would guess either or both the Asynch and Puzzle mode. Estimated patch will be out before Christmas so sometime in December based on what Rubicon has said.

Got pic off Rubicon Facebook
    [​IMG]

14. Sylvr

Sylvr Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    nice! i wonder how everything will be rebalanced. nerfs and buffs are definitely due and looked forward to.

15. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Still looking for Kwaha to play our matches, pm me I can play anytime over the next few hours.

16. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Round 2 officially starts! Check tournament progress/rankings at: http://challonge.com/combatmonsters1

We had only 2 players unable to do their games in by the deadline, hope 2nd round can go smoother as everyone now knows what to do and how to contact each other. As always ask me for help if u can't get your opponent: [email protected]

Remind u all to email me when u finish your matches AND include battle number so i can double check the legendary/rare rule is being followed.

I will no longer accept a battle report without the battle number so keep that in mind!

*also, reminder not to share battle number or discuss your opponents deck or strategy with anyone.

[​IMG]

17. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Looking for "redeyeknight" pm me if your there,

18. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Looking for Achilles, PM me here or on Rubicon's board, unless your on the FB chat for the game.

19. Sylvr

Sylvr Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    pm sent to markaman. gl all!

20. Sylvr

Sylvr Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    rawkk vs markman, rawkk wins 2:0

good games markman!