Universal Combat Monsters - (by Rubicon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 22, 2013.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Go on then I'm in :D

2. wedge598

wedge598 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2013
    I just finished the Medium Quests and now have 4600 coins. Any advice on what to spend it on? I've bought one medium chest and one large chest so far and was thinking of another large chest but I've heard a few people mention that it's better to get a bunch of small chests to give you far more cards and still decent chances at rare cards.

3. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    400 chest have Virus and Ying Yang which help vs AI and pro players. I would recmend u buy Sylvanus archer as even with bad cards he can beat harder opponents with better cards especially with Ying Yang and Virus. That's just a tip : if u alreafy have bunch of virus and ying yang i recommend 1200 chest

4. Sylvr

Sylvr Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    sounds like fun, im in!

5. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    In the tournament so far in no particular order:
    1. Saigo
    2. Vlys
    3. Qklilx
    4. ArtNj
    5. HomeFries (From Touch Arcade)
    6.oooooomonkey
    7. Achilles
    8. markaman (from TA)
    9. Rawkk (from TA - Sylvr)
    10. Warriordkl
    *Let us know if your in game name is different than forum name, also email [email protected] if you havent yet.

Beginning Monday, November 18, 2013, ChaosProdigy will be hosting Combat Monsters Community Tournament #1, spread the word! This tournament will be held with each entrant having one match per week. You will be open to play your match whenever you have time in the week, and will report the result to the email i created for this tournament: [email protected]. The tournament will have a number of swiss paired rounds based on entrants, with a top 8 elimination finals. I will be reporting scores, and pairings here on this post on the forums, and on http://www.challonge.com. You can reply below your in game name or email me and I will be updating list of participants as they join.

Format:
    Best 2 of 3 match ups unless both opponents agree up front to do best 3 out of 5, this must be agreed to by both players before they play their first game, take a screenshot of this agreement. This will be 1 on 1 private game. Each opponent has 1 free map "mulligan" where they can request 1 time at start of game BEFORE any move is made by them: map change. In this case both opponents quit the game and re-que again. This can only be done once per opponent. Keep track of each Battle Replay. You must report the Battle Replay to me and do not share your battle replay number anywhere including forums or chat as we want to keep winners and losers decks a secret from other compettitors. If found in breach this is grounds for disqualification.
    Composition:. No more than 2 of any Legendary card, no more than 3 of any Rare card in your deck. Exception is if you have more than 60 cards you are allowed 3 Legendary and 4 Rare max of any given card.

Reporting Results:
    Both players must submit results battle replay to avoid errors. Both players will submit an email to [email protected], the email subject should read “Results Player 1 v. Player 2 for week #” Replacing Player 1 and 2 with respective player names and the # with the corresponding week number. In the email, you will need to include who won each game of the best 2 out of 3 or if agreed by both players 3 out of 5. Any type of tie breakers will be judged on by myself.

Unreported Results or Match Didn’t Happen:
    In the event the paired players cannot make their match happen in a given week, the round will be scored as a draw. Draws reduce your overall standing and will hurt your chances into getting into the top 8 elimination finals. Players who do not report in that they were unable to find time for the match will count as failure to report. Email [email protected] and inform me that you were unable to arrange a time with an opponent to avoid counting as unreported.
    Failure to report results will count as a double loss. This will have a very adverse effect on your standings in the swiss rounds of the competition, and extremely hinder your chances at a top 8 spot. You can also email me correspondence between yourself and a non responding opponent who is not replying. I may reserve the right to judge a player forfeit and award a win to the active player who tried to get a time and day going.

What’s in it for me?
    Why enter? Well cmpetitive play has to start with the community although tournament feature is coming in future. This format lets you get 3 competitive games at least 1 a week for a good number of weeks. It is a learning experience win or lose. The exact number will be based on attendance. That gets you points for each match you play, just for participating.
    The future, being part of something simple like this shows Rubicon that we are excited for a competitive scene. Which will give them more incentive to give us the tools to have bigger and more lucrative events.

Prizes:
    I was going to put up $5 per participants who can complete at least 6 rounds of swiss tournament, e.g. Fought 6 opponents for 6 weeks in a row: $5 via Paypal but I need to see how many participants will join the tournament before i can pledge a reward. (We have thousands of players in this game!)Additional prize support for top spots will be discussed between myself and Rubicon staff once we see how many participants are entered in the tournament.
    Lastly it’s FREE, this event costs you nothing but time playing the game! Spread the word for chance at better prizes!

Please Reply to this thread with any questions. You can also reply here to enter tournament but also email me at [email protected] so i have your email. Emails will be shared with participants so u guys can set a time and day for your matches.

6. wedge598

Aug 17, 2013
    I'll be of no significant competition but you can count me in on the tournament.

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Small Chest x 10 (4000 coins) = 60 random cards. You will get some uncommons, rares and have some chance at a legendary -- no idea what the chance is, but my son did get a legendary that way

Medium x 3 (3600 coins) = 3 rares (10% chance any one of them will be Legendary); 9 uncommon and 24 common;

Big x 1 (4000 coins) = 1 Legendary, 3 rares & 8 uncommons.

There are lots of good cards that arent legendary that help a lot, so I think one should buy a mix of the small and medium until one gets a good foundation of cards.

Also keep in mind that sometimes good rares are on DotD for 350, and Legendaries for 1500. So its nice to have some money set aside for that. So you might buy 2 more smalls and 1 medium, and save some money for good DotDs. Something like that.

8. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Wedge598 is that your in game bame too?

9. Sylvr

Sylvr Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    cool to finally see a hero on DotD, but noigle isnt exactly one that im jumping up and down for. tempting though...

10. wedge598

Aug 17, 2013
    Yes it is.

11. cheehoG

cheehoG Member

Jul 12, 2013
    sign me up!. wanna give it a try!

12. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #492 ChaosProdigy, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    Only 5 more days to sign up for the tournament guys! I will be sending out pairings so you will know your opponent on Monday the 18th! For pairings if for example there was 15 participants, as i have them numbered below I will use http://numbergenerator.org/randomnumberbetween1and15 and try to match players by their time zone if I can, for example if i have 6 in East Coast, i would number those guys 1 through 6 and do a random number between 1-6 to find a pairing. I feel random is best way to go if time zone is available then i will tweak it towards same time zone players.

1. Saigo
    2. Vlys
    3. Qklilx
    4. ArtNj
    6.oooooomonkey
    7. Achilles
    8. markaman (from TA)
    10. Warriordkl
    11. Wildcut (From TA - Boobi)
    12. Rawkk
    13. Wedge598 (From TA)
    14. cheehoG(from TA)
    15. RedEyeKnight
    *Let us know if your in game name is different than forum name, also email [email protected] if you havent yet.

Beginning Monday, November 18, 2013, ChaosProdigy will be hosting Combat Monsters Community Tournament #1, spread the word! This tournament will be held with each entrant having one match per week. You will be open to play your match whenever you have time in the week, and will report the result to the email i created for this tournament: [email protected]. The tournament will have a number of swiss paired rounds based on entrants, with a top 8 elimination finals. I will be reporting scores, and pairings here on this post on the forums, and on http://www.challonge.com. You can reply below your in game name or email me and I will be updating list of participants as they join.

Format:
    Best 2 of 3 match ups unless both opponents agree up front to do best 3 out of 5, this must be agreed to by both players before they play their first game, take a screenshot of this agreement. This will be 1 on 1 private game. Each opponent has 1 free map "mulligan" where they can request 1 time at start of game BEFORE any move is made by them: map change. In this case both opponents quit the game and re-que again. This can only be done once per opponent. Keep track of each Battle Replay. You must report the Battle Replay to me and do not share your battle replay number anywhere including forums or chat as we want to keep winners and losers decks a secret from other compettitors. If found in breach this is grounds for disqualification.
    Composition:. No more than 2 of any Legendary card, no more than 3 of any Rare card in your deck. Exception is if you have more than 60 cards you are allowed 3 Legendary and 4 Rare max of any given card.

Reporting Results:
    Both players must submit results battle replay to avoid errors. Both players will submit an email to [email protected], the email subject should read “Results Player 1 v. Player 2 for week #” Replacing Player 1 and 2 with respective player names and the # with the corresponding week number. In the email, you will need to include who won each game of the best 2 out of 3 or if agreed by both players 3 out of 5. Any type of tie breakers will be judged on by myself.

In the event the paired players cannot make their match happen in a given week, the round will be scored as a draw. Draws reduce your overall standing and will hurt your chances into getting into the top 8 elimination finals. Players who do not report in that they were unable to find time for the match will count as failure to report. Email [email protected] and inform me that you were unable to arrange a time with an opponent to avoid counting as unreported.
    Failure to report results will count as a double loss. This will have a very adverse effect on your standings in the swiss rounds of the competition, and extremely hinder your chances at a top 8 spot. You can also email me correspondence between yourself and a non responding opponent who is not replying. I may reserve the right to judge a player forfeit and award a win to the active player who tried to get a time and day going.

What’s in it for me?
    Why enter? Well cmpetitive play has to start with the community although tournament feature is coming in future. This format lets you get 3 competitive games at least 1 a week for a good number of weeks. It is a learning experience win or lose. The exact number will be based on attendance. That gets you points for each match you play, just for participating.
    The future, being part of something simple like this shows Rubicon that we are excited for a competitive scene. Which will give them more incentive to give us the tools to have bigger and more lucrative events.

Prizes:
    I was going to put up $5 per participants who can complete at least 6 rounds of Swiss tournament, e.g. Fought 6 opponents for 6 weeks in a row: $5 via Paypal but I need to see how many participants will join the tournament before i can pledge a personal reward. (We have thousands of players in this game!)Additional prize support for top spots will be discussed between myself and Rubicon staff once we see how many participants are entered in the tournament. Rubicon Paul did state they will be adding prizes and bigger prises based on number of tournament participants!
    Lastly it’s FREE, this event costs you nothing but time playing the game! Spread the word for chance at better prizes!

Please Reply to this thread with any questions. You can also reply here to enter tournament but also email me at [email protected] so i have your email. Emails will be shared with participants so u guys can set a time and day for your matches.

13. HomeFries

HomeFries Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Canada

Hey in game name is ClamDigger42O (last is letter O not a number zero)
    Thx

14. wedge598

Aug 17, 2013
    Just to clarify. You are saying that you can't have more than 2 copies of the same Legendary card. And not that you are limited to 2 legendary cards of any type?

I personally only own 1 legendary card so this is no big deal but I'd almost prefer to see a limit to 2 legendary cards and 3 rare cards per deck just to try and keep the competition even. I don't expect to go far as I haven't spent a lot of money on this game and my card pool is very small compared to others. But it might be nice to see some limits that balance the competition a bit.

15. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #495 ChaosProdigy, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    You can have as many different Legendary cards u want but limit is 2 of any one card and 3 of a rare. If your deck is 60+ u can have 3 of any legendary and 4 of a rare. For example i can have 2 alpha, 2 devious legendaries etc. and any rare cards but 3 max. This was an attempt to allow a more even play firld vs players with lots of cards and new players. U can definitely make competitive decks without too many Legendary or Rares

16. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I get the feeling it's not even worth my time as I don't think I have one legendary card, and since the last update that broke the quick match I haven't played a single round :rolleyes: I'm thinking I'll probably be some easy fodder for someone and be out in the first round.

17. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    If you lose one round you still have a chance

18. REkzkaRZ

REkzkaRZ Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    TV Production / AV Engineer
    SF Bay Area
    Please add REkzkaRZ to tournament

(NOTE: caps RE and RZ)

19. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    1. Saigo
    2. Vlys
    3. Qklilx
    4. ArtNj
    6.oooooomonkey
    7. Achilles
    8. markaman (from TA)
    10. Warriordkl
    11. Wildcut (From TA - Boobi)
    12. Rawkk
    13. Wedge598 (From TA)
    14. cheehoG(from TA)
    15. RedEyeKnight
    16. Roccandil
    17. Cotter
    18. Tempest
    19. ClamDigger42O (From TA)
    20. REkzkaRZ

Format:

Reporting Results:

What’s in it for me?

Prizes:
    I was going to put up $5 per participants who can complete at least 6 rounds of swiss tournament, e.g. Fought 6 opponents for 6 weeks in a row: $5 via Paypal but I need to see how many participants will join the tournament before i can pledge a reward. (We have thousands of players in this game!)Additional prize support for top spots will be discussed between myself and Rubicon staff once we see how many participants are entered in the tournament.

20. wedge598

Aug 17, 2013
    Chaos, count me out of the tournament. I simply don't have any kind of a deck that will be remotely competitive. Every time I play online I get blown out in 5 moves. I have only one legendary card (which cost 6 mojo so I can never play it) and a couple rare cards. It's just not going to be fun getting slaughtered. I shouldn't have signed up because I'm just a casual player who really doesn't plan on investing more money in this game. Sorry.